Login

russian armor

So which faction match up is the hardest now?

15 Mar 2016, 19:33 PM

Not expressing an opinion myself at the moment, though the Vet changes have had a marked effect both on gameplay and, arguably, balance.

If coh2charts is to be relied upon ( some strange things in the stats over the last few days) everyone in the top150 is playing OKW and USF, with OKW being more than 4 times more likely to be picked than Ostheer, Brits or Soviets.
15 Mar 2016, 19:35 PM

OKW is the most popular CoH2 faction. So nothing surprising here, the playerbase is excited to try out the new vet efficiency.
15 Mar 2016, 19:52 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I still think Ost versus USF is the most difficult matchup, but the veterancy changes helped a little imo.
15 Mar 2016, 20:04 PM

Well axis is only 2 factions that you can choose from, with the other being hardest faction to succeed. So why do you think OKW is top on the charts?
15 Mar 2016, 20:06 PM

UKFvsOST match-up is still a joke with Brits coming upwards. But yeah OKW is at the moment the easiest and the most Overpowered faction to play. Just attack move your Obers/Fusiliers/Jaegers/Volks with your 15min Panther rush and it's gg... #E-SPORTSREADY :snfQuinn:
15 Mar 2016, 20:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2016, 20:06 PMEarth
UKFvsOST match-up is still a joke with Brits coming upwards. But yeah OKW is at the moment the easiest and the most Overpowered faction to play. Just attack move your Obers/Fusiliers/Jaegers/Volks with your 15min Panther rush and it's gg... #E-SPORTSREADY :snfQuinn:

This :foreveralone:
aaa
15 Mar 2016, 20:35 PM

good they fired the patchers. I dislike almost everithing they did balacewise last year.
13 popcap for mortar 19 for tiger its absurd.
15 Mar 2016, 20:47 PM

I'd say OST if most difficult faction to play because it's best design. No shitty bs, no freaking OP blobs etc etc and becasue if this, it's hardly melted by allied factions.
15 Mar 2016, 21:27 PM

But OST against whom? Which of the Allied factions give it the toughest game?

Not that much data but OKW does seem to be played 4 or 5 times more often than OST.
15 Mar 2016, 23:12 PM

Are you talking about all gamemodes or just 1v1s? I think ostheer is weakest for 1v1s and maybe 2v2s. 3v3s and 4v4s depend more on teammates so it's hard to tell.

Ostheer has hardest time against Brits in 2v2 imo.
16 Mar 2016, 00:30 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Depends on gamemode and skill levels. I'll argue that there's also a difference between early game and late game.
16 Mar 2016, 00:31 AM

The only fair match up is Ost vs USF. (And vice versa.)

16 Mar 2016, 02:06 AM

Obviously it's very map dependent although a little less so for SU and OH because they are less reliant on structures, FRPs etc.

SU vs OH: Pretty good, both factions are pretty limited in the strats available. SU have the edge in the early-mid game but drop off hard if they don't pick a doctrine with late-game tanks.
SU vs OKW: Also pretty good, allows for a bit more diversity in openings.

OH vs USF: Very map dependent but overall I'd say USF are a little better off here. Heavily favours USF on close-range maps.

OH vs UKF: Hard matchup for OH. Hard to deal with emplacements. Boring games with two defensive factions. If OH can get the initiative and stick to open battles they have the advantage.

OKW vs USF: pretty even, but again not much diversity. Majority of games are early luchs, with the level of success the USF player has in dealing deciding who gets their tanks out first deciding the game.

OKW vs UKF: Both OKW openings are viable. An early rush is a real headache for UKF but strong building/vickers play is hard for OKW to beat.

That's all talking 1v1. In team games I find OH and UKF become more viable as their weaknesses can be covered by other factions, and other player on the field can be used to buy time for defensive preparations. USF struggle because their ability to manoeuvre and play aggressively is reduced, especially in 3v3 and up.

4v4 is a clusterfuck which is more about raw unit power and artillery spam than manoeuvre. In that scenario axis have the upper hand.
16 Mar 2016, 02:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2016, 20:04 PMThamor
So why do you think OKW is top on the charts?

Dunno, but I certainly wouldnt pick it. No blob control.

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2016, 20:06 PMEarth

This doesnt work against terminator bazooka squads

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2016, 20:35 PMaaa
good they fired the patchers. I dislike almost everithing they did balacewise last year.
13 popcap for mortar 19 for tiger its absurd.

Mmm, thanks for the free salt!
I was cooking some fried potato, and it hit the spot! Could you make sure you add some MSG to it next time please?

I'd say OST if most difficult faction to play because it's best design. No shitty bs, no freaking OP blobs etc etc and becasue if this, it's hardly melted by allied factions.

Plus one

16 Mar 2016, 08:42 AM

Ost is behind because they need about 1 minute to put the first fighting unit on the field because Pios have to build T1 and only then they can bring Grens on the field, a squad with only 4 man that is only good behind cover and in long range.

Because of the time needed, many Allied players put their squads into choke point buildings where it is very hard for Ost to get them out because either you have to spend mun for a flamer (no teller mine against light tank rush) or get a mortar (even less capping power). Getting a fast MG is imo the only viable solution, but the capping power still is very low.

Sov: Can get conscripts from T0 at the first second (main battle unit)
USF: Can get rifles from T0 at the first second (main battle unit)
OKW: Can get volks from T0 at the first second (main battle unit) + Start with Sturmpios
UKF: Starts with a IS squad (main battle unit) and can get the second from T0 at the first second
Ost: Starts with Pios (weak unit with little fighting potential) and needs T1 to get the main battle unit

While Ost gets the first grens, all other factions usually have at least 2 squads of their main battle units, which are simply better in the early game (rifles, infantry sections) or have a higher amount of soldiers (2x conscripts vs 1x grens is 12 men vs 4).

The Ostheer is always about a minute or two behind and their single purpose is to react, making it by far the most defensive faction in the game right now (disregarding UKF sim city). There is very little room for Ost to pressure the opponent unless you are clearly playing better. The lack of Ostheer's close combat unit (Pzgrens come too late and can't engage because of high lethality) and no light tank makes them even more defensive.

I like that playstyle very much myself, but with the introduction of the British ultra sim city commander, Ost plays against a more aggressive faction that has also better defensives, leaving little to no space for counters. A mortar loses badly against a mortar pit which can be repaired automatically and braced. A well placed bofors can only reliably countered by a mortar HT which is only available in 2 commanders, from which one sucks and the other one is premium (spearhead).

The MGs, the real backbone of the Ostheer (not the grens IMO) are simply put out of the game against the helms deep commander that is defensive/aggressive at the same time because of counter artillery and mortar pits, both with immense range. The same thing happens with your Paks, leaving the Ost player no reliable counter against british tanks except StuGs (but then you can't counter the superior British inf). If the Brit manages to cover two VPs with his Mortar and Bofors, then it is extremely hard to do anything as Ostheer.

So in my opinion Ostheer vs that particular Brit pay2win commander is the hardest setup right now.
16 Mar 2016, 08:50 AM

"OH vs UKF: Hard matchup for OH. Hard to deal with emplacements. Boring games with two defensive factions. If OH can get the initiative and stick to open battles they have the advantage."

Very hard matchup for UKF too.. Hard to deal with garrisoned MG42s and no counter to multiple 222s. Late game the pressure if off a bit but getting to late game is challenging against a good player, and the clock will be against you. Mid game is a nightmare. Can come down to a simple question of how do I take his mortars out?

"OKW vs UKF: Both OKW openings are viable. An early rush is a real headache for UKF but strong building/vickers play is hard for OKW to beat.
"

I don't find OKW struggling too much in clearing garrisons of anything. I've almost lost count of the number of ways they can do this. Allowing OKW the initiative just sees them grow stronger and their late game is overwhelming. AECs can give a few minute's respite but finding ways to wipe infantry squads before they hit Vet 4 becomes more important than VPs or resources. Schwerer makes it a 2 VP game unless very badly defended and schreck blobs are significantly harder to counter now, though crushing them with a Cromwell is both satisfying and often game winning.

As UKF in general hitting the opponents Fuel if OKW and Munitions if Ost seems viable. Not easy but viable.
16 Mar 2016, 08:58 AM

Hands down OKW is one of the most overpowered and easy to micro faction
Maybe that's why i choose to play them over OH:bananadance:
I play OH because of sniper and MG42 :crazy:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak