Login

russian armor

Stun grenade

12 Mar 2016, 16:05 PM

I already opened a thread about the stun grenade disabling the captain, but funny enough, the grenade is pretty much bugged with everything.

Captain : everytime doesn't move anymore after the stun effect
Riflemen squad : happens half of the time
Paratroop : happnes half of the time.

Is it normal that because 1 model of a squad affected by the stun grenade, all the squad got the effect and then you can't move it anymore. The effect of the grenade remains after the status disappear, your remaining models drop like flies.

Hey Relic can you do Something?

12 Mar 2016, 16:10 PM

Yes... the game is bugged. Stun grenades prevent retreats. I don't know about it happening only 50% of the time, but it's happened to me literally every time someone's thrown a stun grenade at my squads. I can't retreat them and they lay on the ground like retards until shot to death.
12 Mar 2016, 18:56 PM

I commented on that other thread, but I'll comment here too to keep this bumped. I've had multiple squads wiped due to being unable to retreat or even move my units for 15+ seconds after being hit by a stun grenade.
12 Mar 2016, 21:23 PM

Can confirm for USF. Units remain frozen long after the effect has worn off, and cannot be retreated. Very frustrating.
12 Mar 2016, 22:10 PM

Hmmmm... I thought this was fixed a couple patches ago, but maybe that fix got lost when they updated the engine to fix the vet bugs.
14 Mar 2016, 18:37 PM

Bump for visibility.
14 Mar 2016, 19:15 PM

Got this bug yesterday. Appeared to freeze maxim forever. Also getting stuns canceling retreats.
14 Mar 2016, 19:58 PM

Happened to me today, it sucks!
Vaz
14 Mar 2016, 21:07 PM

Are we talking about can't be retreated ever or just temporarily? I've been hit by them and the temporary time was enough for me to lose all my men. The last couple guys get killed on retreat (something axis does better than allies due to higher accuracy values of troops).
15 Mar 2016, 02:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 21:07 PMVaz
Are we talking about can't be retreated ever or just temporarily? I've been hit by them and the temporary time was enough for me to lose all my men. The last couple guys get killed on retreat (something axis does better than allies due to higher accuracy values of troops).

I can't speak for other people, but in my case my units were completely unable to move or return fire for ~15 seconds after being hit by the stun grenade. My units were wiped before I was able to do anything. I couldn't say if the effect is permanent, but it's definitely much longer than intended.
16 Mar 2016, 01:45 AM

Sometimes the stun nade just interrupts the retreat or prevents it from being ordered for a second or so. Nothing wrong with that, a handy tool that can be mitigated with the right play.

On the other hand there is the effect where sometimes the stun doesn't wear off and the unit can no longer receive any orders. The cursor turns to the one you get when you hover over an enemy outside an ATG/MG/IG's current cone of fire. The longest I've seen this last is about 15-20 seconds because no unit affected by it survived longer than that. I don't know if it's literally permanent but it might as well be; if you're trying to retreat a squad it's probably already in bad shape, if it's also hit by a stun grenade it's not going to take much to finish it off.

Yeah it's a bug and a nasty one at that. It's not limited to any specific unit, I've seen it affect many different infantry units.
16 Mar 2016, 02:43 AM

I finally have a counter to win against all USF with all OKW.
Thanks guys :D

On a more serious note, Cuddle, recon you can add this to DB?
16 Mar 2016, 07:36 AM

Sometimes the stun nade just interrupts the retreat or prevents it from being ordered for a second or so. Nothing wrong with that, a handy tool that can be mitigated with the right play.

On the other hand there is the effect where sometimes the stun doesn't wear off and the unit can no longer receive any orders. The cursor turns to the one you get when you hover over an enemy outside an ATG/MG/IG's current cone of fire. The longest I've seen this last is about 15-20 seconds because no unit affected by it survived longer than that. I don't know if it's literally permanent but it might as well be; if you're trying to retreat a squad it's probably already in bad shape, if it's also hit by a stun grenade it's not going to take much to finish it off.

Yeah it's a bug and a nasty one at that. It's not limited to any specific unit, I've seen it affect many different infantry units.

I suspect the grenade also dealing suppression, and when your squad is still under the suppression (but not anymore the stun effect) you cannot retreat it. I experienced it yesterday, the squad survived the stun effect and I managed to scare await my opponent and I have been able to take back control of the squad when he finally stand up.

I finally have a counter to win against all USF with all OKW.
Thanks guys :D

On a more serious note, Cuddle, recon you can add this to DB?

Hasn't he be laid off by Relic? Would be a good news if not!
16 Mar 2016, 21:31 PM

Can confirm for USF. Units remain frozen long after the effect has worn off, and cannot be retreated. Very frustrating.

So this just happens for USF?

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2016, 07:36 AMEsxile

Hasn't he be laid off by Relic? Would be a good news if not!

Dunno mate, will wait for official word from Sega. Not gonna speculate anything
22 Mar 2016, 17:44 PM

So this just happens for USF?

Dunno mate, will wait for official word from Sega. Not gonna speculate anything

I've only noticed it for USF so far. Haven't played Russian or UKF.
22 Mar 2016, 18:02 PM

It bugs on everything, I had it thrown at Sappers in a game yesterday when they were retreating and it did nothing to them, they get back to base and then they get stunned for like 20 seconds. gg wp dead game 2016

I dont get why people haven't abused this shit in ESL, 50% of the time its a squad wipe because the squad cant retreat or do anything.
22 Mar 2016, 20:32 PM

50% of the time its a squad wipe because the squad cant retreat or do anything.

Try 99%

I was on receiving end as RU yesterday.
3 squads of shocktroops all gone
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment