Login

russian armor

SturmTiger+KT

13 Mar 2016, 23:12 PM

These kind of threads pop up when a USF player looses his blob to the so called cheap, OP unit.

USF has a wide variety of vehicles and units, going with 6 RM and upgrading them like craz and Amoving is not the way to go.
14 Mar 2016, 20:36 PM

These kind of threads pop up when a USF player looses his blob to the so called cheap, OP unit.

USF has a wide variety of vehicles and units, going with 6 RM and upgrading them like craz and Amoving is not the way to go.

I don't blob, stop commenting on this post with nothing valuable. It's pretty groundless for a person hiding their playercard to bash the tactics of someone who doesn't...
14 Mar 2016, 20:43 PM

About the second, The sturmtiger doctrine has 2 upgrades for the KT(with more tanks), would be strange that you cant get a KT without sacrifice part of the doctrine

Ahh I follow now. I didn't say that you couldn't get a KT at all, only that you couldn't field both at once. When you go JagD you aren't permanently locked out of the KT, you just can't call one in until the other dies. I don't think it would be too detrimental to the doctrines abilities if you can't field the both of them at once.
14 Mar 2016, 20:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2016, 20:23 PMnee

In any case I would think the entire point of this sort of synergy is to encourage- and reward- good teamplay. If you're suggesting that you can't have King Tiger if you deploy Sturmtiger, then no one will play that doctrine because ST is hardly comparable to KT in terms of role. At least Jagdtiger's role is much closer to KT's, and can just sit back and plonk at anything it can shoot at without much micromanagement, whereas Sturmtiger requires much more micro to keep alive and have an effect in the game. You'd have a point if ST can fire by itself without having to pull back for reload, at which time it is immobile and vulnerable to decrew....but that's not how ST works.

If there's anything to change it would be it's cost: at 560 MP, 160 FU, 18 popcap and unlocked a 11 CP.

Yeah, that's a pretty good point. I definitely agree with whoever brought up the point earlier about the ST getting past the cost changes back when the fuel penalty was scrapped.

I understand that changes effect all game modes, but I don't think its really a viable scenario in 1v1 because the fuel required to field both is just too hard to come by. Team games involve more resource points, and the possibility of whermacht teammate building caches. Increasing the fuel cost could do the trick.
14 Mar 2016, 23:52 PM

It only punishes unaware blobs. The cost is already high enough, considering OKW can't skip T4 anyway.

15 Mar 2016, 03:42 AM

It only punishes unaware blobs. The cost is already high enough, considering OKW can't skip T4 anyway.

It also has the potential to one shot medium armour with a bit of practise. And any even periodically deleting vetted enemy units (especially since now vet is more than some pretty stars) effects the game. In my 2s ive seen my buddy pop things out of spite... Its kinda like way back before they removed precision shot, but yoy know... With a large fuel cost and less frequently..
15 Mar 2016, 03:47 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I used sturmtiger KT combo in a 2v2 the other day and it still wasn't enough to counter allied infantry spam, advanced cancer emplacements, OR concentrated AT like the SU85, firefly, and comet.

Honestly, the Krupp stehl meme needs to die. Allies have way more ridiculous combinations than the axis now.

Just look at the fuel cost. You can have any combo of sexy allied at to counter a KT/sturmtiger mix.

I'm more afraid of 2 panthers + a kt or something like that. Those two slow shits? No way.
15 Mar 2016, 04:47 AM

Honestly, the Krupp stehl meme needs to die. Allies have way more ridiculous combinations than the axis now.

+1
Tigers or KT's are no longer push to win buttons.
15 Mar 2016, 17:19 PM

What meme? Why does everyone here assume people are fanboying to one side or the other? It was just a thought, and I already conceded that my original suggestion was wrong.
15 Mar 2016, 18:15 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hDUeQ7D2DM

Dont know if this Cast is a good example but i think it clearly points out some weak spots of ST.

15 Mar 2016, 18:54 PM

How is the cost high enough? It's the same as it was when the fuel penalty was still in effect.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★