Login

russian armor

Predicting/Discussing the Veterancy Fix

9 Mar 2016, 02:34 AM

Hello, and welcome! With the veterancy fix just around the corner, I want to hear your predictions about how this will affect the game. This thread's sole purpose is to discuss your predictions on what units will become OP/UP, or will finally be worth their cost after their veterancy is back to into full effect. Here's an example: 'Here are my predictions of the units that will be positively affected the most: Mainline infantry of all factions, the vickers mg, penals, and obers.' Have fun discussing, and tell me your thoughts about how the game will be affected in any way. Prepare yourselves to open your eyes to the truth after this patch, because it's all been a lie.

9 Mar 2016, 02:58 AM

I personally think units with low received accuracy but little no no accuracy buffs will be affected the most. So, in a nutshell, rifles, not because they are directly being nerfed but instead because their received accuracy will be less useful. I'm not saying they'll be OP or UP, since I have no idea how much they'll be changed by the patch, so this is all conjecture. Also, doesn't the vickers vet already work? I though it worked for weapon teams, but I don't really know.
9 Mar 2016, 02:58 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I hope conscripts benefit enough to not make it so obvious to just spam maxims. Support weapons in general were too strong with this vet bug. Watching VonIvan spam maxims in the final made me gag.
9 Mar 2016, 04:52 AM

The only faction I'm worried about is OKW. The other faction's infantry hasn't really changed much since the bug started, but the bug happened when the OKW overhaul was taking place.
They recieved a lot of buffs that might not seem as powerful because of the missing vet. Especially since they lost the most because of their 5 vet levels and most their infantry doesn't rely on AI upgrades. I wouldn't be surprised if they are a lot stronger then they currently are.
9 Mar 2016, 05:13 AM

I predict this patch will fix the vet. But then open a whole new door of problems... you know, weird like t34 ram not working, or the motor flare shows the whole map. Or grens have unlimited sprint.

Something will be wrong with the map pool

Something will be wrong with some hot key

Some unit will become completely broken like the m8. Be able to 1 shot panthers.

Paratroopers will all die upon landing or something

Seems to be the case. You know like mysteriously when the rear echelons became 50 men squads.. was there even a single change in them in the notes? if not, then you wonder the random shit i mentioned above is a possibility. .

9 Mar 2016, 05:56 AM

Seems to be the case. You know like mysteriously when the rear echelons became 50 men squads.. was there even a single change in them in the notes? if not, then you wonder the random shit i mentioned above is a possibility. .

This was caused by the vet bug...
9 Mar 2016, 06:35 AM

I predict this patch will fix the vet. But then open a whole new door of problems... you know, weird like t34 ram not working, or the motor flare shows the whole map. Or grens have unlimited sprint.

Something will be wrong with the map pool

Something will be wrong with some hot key

Some unit will become completely broken like the m8. Be able to 1 shot panthers.

Paratroopers will all die upon landing or something

This was all due to them doing a hotfix on veterancy in general then finding out the problem was bigger than originally anticipated.

They have had much more time to fix the vet bug and hopefully it will be a major improvement. I won't be surprised if there are still some minor bugs they missed however. We need to remember how interconnected programming code can be. There's also the possibility that the current coders at relic are trying to fix code made by past employees which can further complicate things. Having taken a few programming courses myself, I have alot of respect and sympathy for relic and the issues they have with bugs.
9 Mar 2016, 06:38 AM

This was caused by the vet bug...

The problem is that the vet bug is caused by limitations/bugs in the game engine itself. So in trying to patch you aren't setting variables you are changing how things are interpreted. Messing with the engines can produce the most wide and unforeseen type of bugs.

but the bug happened when the OKW overhaul was taking place.

Not according to Relic, it will predate that, most extreme case scenario it predates CoH2.

I predict cover will become more important than ever in late games. If we've never really seen everything at offensive vet 3 the lethality might go up even further.
9 Mar 2016, 06:49 AM
Patrion 15

Beside the usuall; OKW will be OP, Vet3 Rifles will be OP. ResidentSleeper
I think We are going to see a bump up in fps department. It was causing crashes and possibly memory leak as well.
I guess we cant have full idea before testing It.
9 Mar 2016, 09:49 AM

Nothing will change.

Why i think this batshit crazy thought? relic has had this veterancy stuff before and even fixed it in a patch about a year and a half ago (was a small line in the bug section).
What happenend then? nothing.
So my guess nothing will change this time either.

I would be happy if i were wrong here but looking at relic's past, im not optimistic.
9 Mar 2016, 10:04 AM

Prepare yourselves to open your eyes to the truth after this patch, because it's all been a lie.

Things wont probably change at all, i can't remember a single game where a vetted unit was the reason of my defeat/victory. After all, abilities related to veterancy correctly worked and every faction suffered from the same problem.

When you loose it is because you where outplayed.
When you win, it is beacause you played better.

Tristar units wont suddenly becomes terminators.

Kozokus.
9 Mar 2016, 10:20 AM

If the fix will work properly, I think OKW will be stronger than ever. Why?

Because they have superior veterancy that was originally designed to be compensated by a resource penalty. Well, now there's no resource penalty for the faction AND it still has the superior veterancy. Volks with schrecks gain veterancy in no time (this should be adjusted) and vet 5 obers will be a crazy terminator squad. Well any squad with vet 5 really. Even now when veterancy isn't working, panzerfusiliers and jaeger light infantry are very strong - I can't even imagine them at vet 5.

They made OKW's teching a bit more expensive but it doesn't compensate for the fact that they have such a strong mainline infantry units and very strong (although very specialized) armor units. And the fact that they get healing, repairs and an effective flak cannon capable of holding a relatively large area for free with their teching.

The balance will be thrown back to the day of WFA release bois.
9 Mar 2016, 10:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2016, 10:20 AMTNrg
If the fix will work properly, I think OKW will be stronger than ever. Why?

Because they have superior veterancy that was originally designed to be compensated by a resource penalty. Well, now there's no resource penalty for the faction AND it still has the superior veterancy. Volks with schrecks gain veterancy in no time (this should be adjusted) and vet 5 obers will be a crazy terminator squad. Well any squad with vet 5 really. Even now when veterancy isn't working, panzerfusiliers and jaeger light infantry are very strong - I can't even imagine them at vet 5.

They made OKW's teching a bit more expensive but it doesn't compensate for the fact that they have such a strong mainline infantry units and very strong (although very specialized) armor units. And the fact that they get healing, repairs and an effective flak cannon capable of holding a relatively large area for free with their teching.

The balance will be thrown back to the day of WFA release bois.

Bug started on October only the offensive bonus got affected (accuracy cool down range )
This will buff panzerlulier grens pgrens
Brit all
Penal guards
During this last patch volks had only 3 vet lvl gren and pgren 2 vet lvl panzerfusilier 3 vet lvl
Penal 2 cons 2 ober 3
(For cons gren and pgren is 1 vet lvl since first is useless kek)
Grens/cons
Vet 1 cosmetic vet 2 cosmetic vet 3 X% received accuracy
Volks vet 1 10% recived accuracy vet 2 cosmetic vet 3 10% recived accuracy passive healing vet 4 cosmetic vet 5 cosmetic
9 Mar 2016, 10:25 AM

Bug started on October only the offensive bonus got affected (accuracy cool down range )
This will buff panzerlulier grens pgrens
Brit all
Penal guards

Yes, and now even the defensive bonuses aren't working.
9 Mar 2016, 10:34 AM

Not according to Lelic. It is from much much earlier, most extreme case launch or earlier. Cruzz just said it was from at least October.
9 Mar 2016, 10:36 AM
Senior Caster Badge

I have good hope it will give the game a state of balance and enjoyment where it should have been 2 1/2 years ago. I think relic will have tested things a bit now at least, since no company wants to screw up twice in a row big time.
9 Mar 2016, 10:37 AM

Not according to Lelic. It is from much much earlier, most extreme case launch or earlier. Cruzz just said it was from at least October.

When they said launch they means brits launch
9 Mar 2016, 10:50 AM

When they said launch they means brits launch

"This was a very important piece of information as it meant the Vet/Reinforce Bug has actually been in the game since CoH2's launch"

Nope it is CoH2's launch

edited: Since I sounded like a (bigger) grade A twat
9 Mar 2016, 10:53 AM

That is not what they told us in London...

I remember doing some testing on the cheat mode to see the performance of the okw volks vs rifle before they fiddle with the Brit vet and yes I could see difference as they vetted up vs the 2 squad at every vet
9 Mar 2016, 11:38 AM

We all know how relic fix something. Most likely we will end with +99 new bugs, or (if we are unlucky) with even more laggy game, because they are updating game engine.

But lets hope, that at least ones they would put some efford and testing and checking before releasing another "fix". Hope all this trolling and memes, teached them something.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★