Login

russian armor

Bofors

8 Mar 2016, 14:51 PM

If you are going to make the OKW 2cm flak emplacement the golden standard of balance, then pretty much every unit in the game needs a massive price increase. The OKW 2cm flak emplacement is severely under powered and is thus never used. Relic could remove it from the game with a ninja patch and people would not even notice.

I hardly think the flak emplacements should be the standard. I was just placing the 2 side by side so ppl could see how overpriced the flak emplacements are compared to the Bofors.
8 Mar 2016, 14:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2016, 07:57 AMpoop

the same could be said for

USSR scout car (25 fuel) vs Universal Carrier (no fuel) vs Kubel (5? fuel).

the two cheaper ones having much better combat capability/utility.

USSR scout is 15 fuel and has way better combat abilities that UC or kubel. UC can transport but the men in it cant shoot out and its main gun is weaker.
8 Mar 2016, 14:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2016, 06:10 AMpugzii

4 ISG's? Like 1400+ manpower to counter a 280Manpower 30fuel building?
you have to understand, that after kill that emplacement, the ISG dont magicaly disappear and they still keep countering other things
8 Mar 2016, 15:01 PM

I hardly think the flak emplacements should be the standard. I was just placing the 2 side by side so ppl could see how overpriced the flak emplacements are compared to the Bofors.

I believe there isn't a single player who believes 2cm flaks are not overpriced...

Hell, I myself suggested scrapping fuel cost from it or lowering it to 5 if it was to remain as it is.
8 Mar 2016, 15:23 PM

I can't agree.

Bofors itself, without defending it Pits is very easy to kill.

Stand fast will just make its life a bit longer, just like 30% extra hp but you still cant repairs it becasue 8/10 your IS/RE will be wiped under heavy mortar/isg fire.

As OST you don't need to change tactic. Just get Stug.
8 Mar 2016, 15:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2016, 06:10 AMpugzii

4 ISG's? Like 1400+ manpower to counter a 280Manpower 30fuel building?

Of course not only a bofors. It's easy to build mortar pits after building a bofors locking down the whole area.
8 Mar 2016, 19:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2016, 03:53 AMpugzii

They do hardcounter shit kids who don't know how to fight it. They are also however to cheap and are replaced to quickly

I'm not saying I don't agree with your original point, I just find it ironic that not that long ago you were defending this unit/playstyle, and now that you've experienced the other side of it you come on here and counter your own previous statement. Whatever though, I'm easily amused I suppose.

Honestly, it's pretty stupid the amount of manpower and tech you need to invest in taking these out compared to how much they actually cost. On top of that, the amount of utility Bofors have is incredible (Garrison nukes? Light AT? Anti-Inf? Indirect Suppression? Fuckin Pls). Taking out one of these isn't really an issue, even if it's upgraded with the Improved Fortification upgrade, however taking out one of these supported by mortar pits, infantry and/or another Bofors is usually a huge drain on MP, and just so you can retreat back to base after successfully taking one out and come back to a fresh one in the same spot. Go around them you say? Cap the rest of the map? Sure. I'll ignore my opponents fuel, and two of the VPs. That goes over REALLY well.

Good players know where to put these so that you absolutely CANNOT ignore them. You are forced to deal with them or suffer VP bleed as well as allow them to bolster their fuel income for Tanks. And now with Advanced Emplacement Regiment's ability to counter-barrage with literally no cooldown, your options are fairly limited. Reposition after firing? Which way should I reposition? Closer towards the enemy, so my indirect can be swarmed by my opponents infantry, or back towards my base, so that my indirect can't finish off my opponents emplacements due to being out of range?

Really. All that needs to be done to bring this commander (and emplacements in general) in line is to make it so that brace's cooldown doesn't start right after the ability finishes, but rather after the emplacement is fully repaired to full health (assuming it took damage) and increasing the cooldown SLIGHTLY. Also, make Advanced Emplacement Regiments counter-barrage ability an activated ability (One that lasts quite awhile) that costs 80-100 Munitions instead of requiring you to toggle off/on functionality of structures. That way you give Axis a chance to actually field and maintain indirect fire options, yet it gives you a safety net when your emplacements are taking heavy indirect fire (oh, and you still won't have to be bothered with targeting your artillery, you filthy scrublord).
8 Mar 2016, 20:36 PM

Surely increasing the cost would have to opposite effect to that intended? If it costs more fuel then the Brit player will never be able to break out and fight a more mobile game with armour. Only option would be to build another bofors.

If it is that annoying sure better to place a max limit on their number? Can't say I use them much though.
12 Mar 2016, 11:33 AM

It needs a lower rate of fire
12 Mar 2016, 12:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2016, 03:53 AMpugzii

They do hardcounter shit kids who don't know how to fight it. They are also however to cheap and are replaced to quickly

Basicly you are to shit talking your self. No offense.
12 Mar 2016, 12:03 PM

On topic bofors is fine, but advance emplacements needs a nerf.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 2
United Kingdom 164
unknown 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak