Login

russian armor

Soviet 1v1 Strat?

7 Mar 2016, 21:16 PM

What build order and commanders to use?
I have like a win rate of 66% right now(ranked around 100,20 games ish), which is the worst win rate I have among all five factions. I mainly use the partisan commander. I usually build 1 or 2 cons and go for t2 2-3 mgs maybe one mortar. ISU 152 commander is just not good in 1v1, IS2 came at 13 cp, sometimes kt come before IS2. And you don't often go to t4. I feel like soviet faction don't have any thing like the riflemen, or the comet tank. You have to combine your armies and I still found extremely difficult to win.

When is the power spike for soviet?

How to use cons effectively with out ppsh and with ppsh?
Cons get out scaled so hard.

Any other tips and tricks?
7 Mar 2016, 21:20 PM

How to use cons effectively?
Build more than 4 units and build sandbags ever few steps. With conspam you have to end the game under the 10 min mark. With ppsh you can just oorah-move into your opponent's face.

Or start with 4 maxims and tech back and build a sniper or penile depending on the map.
7 Mar 2016, 21:33 PM

W

How to use cons effectively with out ppsh and with ppsh?
Cons get out scaled so hard.

You basically said it yourself - cons aren't effective atm. But you need them during the early-mid game at least for AT nades, capping and molotovs. A quick T-70 is the way to go, you need a couple of maxims too and an AT gun. Close quarter maps: shocks are godlike. Maps with long distance engagements I'd use guards with LMGs. A mortar won't hurt either. In the late game you usually need an IS-2 with AT gun and maxim support.
Phy
7 Mar 2016, 21:59 PM

Build more than 4 units and build sandbags ever few steps. With conspam you have to end the game under the 10 min mark. With ppsh you can just oorah-move into your opponent's face.

Someone got rekt so hard today. Salt all over the thread.
7 Mar 2016, 22:22 PM

They are semi-practical ways of winning games as SU, you moron.
8 Mar 2016, 02:46 AM

Maxim + Shock Rifle will be everything you need for the current meta. With vet nerf and 222 buff, forget T1, Maxim is the way to go.
18 Mar 2016, 09:42 AM

For me, best 1v1 Strat would be Advanced Warfare Tactics.

-You get the Radio Intercept. When you choose the Commander just at the start, you are super informed what that german is sending to field.

-You can upgrade some cons of your squat with PPsH's. I love these! But for full efficency you need to be like 2 steps away and point it in their face.

-Also cons are now able to repair, which makes pioneers less important for your full front. though you should keep some of them in the back.

-Air attack against stationary Targets, Support weapons und mass infantry. (Or just before Smash it into the area you want to attack, to get the krauts retreating).

-And my all time favourite T34/85. This thing's a beast. I have always 2-3 on the field. Quick and heavy armour (can face PIV). If you keep them paired, you can take down a Panther also. The game should be finished before the heavier stuff comes out of the german garage.
Have some cons around them to throw the granades at the enemy motorblock and for quick field rapair.

Mostly works out for me this way! ;)
18 Mar 2016, 14:21 PM

For me the most effective 1v1 start with Cons have been going 3-4 -> 2 guards -> At Guns; Going 2 guards allows you to upgrade all of your cons with ppshs and still have a strong long range damage output, have your cons take the beating while closing up and your guards dish out the damage and destroy all of their cover

Going for this allows you to skip T3 completely and go straight for Su-85s but if you have a huge advantage in fuel you can go for a T-34/76

The ML-20 is also a nice addition especially against OKW and on some smaller maps that allows you to barrage the enemies base

Commander: Guard Rifle Combined Arms Tactics (Basic commander, no worries MVGame)

I've beaten people in top 25 with this build a few times, once you flaw this strat you're going to get free wins all day everyday MVGame
19 Mar 2016, 01:26 AM

+1 Plaguer.

Thats the right kind of thinking for SU.

Against OKW, I really love ppsh con spam with 1 shock squad and 1-2 heavy 120mm mortar.

The waves of inf allows you to keep their forces flanked and pinned down, ppsh gives you enough DPS to actually wipe squads you catch out, unlike standard cons.. while they are busy fighting your inf your heavy mortars are abusing their trucks, causing them further bleed, repairing woes and slowed tecking.

This usually gives you a huge lead so you can get a T34/76, backed by a ZiS.

Soviet Shock Army is only commander with Ppsh, Shocks and 120mm mortar. You can get the ML20 if u want to smash their trucks even more, and skill planes makes sure they dont manage to counter attack with inf.

Bonus of this strat is no wasted time or manpower on teck buildings until you are ready for tanks, yet all your units have reasonable-great damage output. So maximum pressure!
19 Mar 2016, 04:13 AM

Yeah, guards are amazing right now. Just keep them always on cover and at long range and they will vet in no time.

At vet3 they will fire the AT rifles very fast making even panzer 4 having a headache.

best commander right now (for most versatility) in my opinion is guard motors, you get guards+t34s+repair+markvehicle and if you really need you also get the HM120 (but I really don't like them right now)
19 Mar 2016, 13:02 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Depends on the hostile faction for me. If I have to battle versus Ostheer I usually go for T1 using Sniper and the Scout Car garrisoned with Combat Engineers upgraded with flamer. Then upgrading AT nades and going for Guards/SU-76 seems reasonable since your opponent will rush for 222s or other (doctrinal) light vehicles. Be careful about Ostheer Snipers though. This way can be quite rewarding once you have made your Snipers worth the investment by bleeding your foe but also risky in case you lose the Snipers.

The optimal way to go against OKW is T2. Dealing with Maxims is quite challenging for your OKW opponent and you can be sure that he has to invest more energy to deal with you than you have to invest to deal with him. You have to be careful about flame nades/infiltration nades, Jaegers spawning from behind and Luchs. After you have built up your Maxim lines supported by at least 2 Conscripts you can consider purchasing a T70 to restrict the Luchs' activity together with a ZiS-gun. Shock Rifle Doctrine works ideally in this scenario.

Other than that, the T2-focused approach can be executed versus Ostheer either whereas the T1-focused approach is not recommended to be used against OKW since it does not exploit OKW's weaknesses well and OKW is able to handle it comfortably. On the one hand Volksgrenadiers do not cost as much to reinforce as Grenadiers and are 5 man squads. On the other hand the OKW player has the Luchs to bleed you out and can spawn Jaegers/Fallschirmjaegers behind the frontline to melt your Snipers away within a millisecond.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 16
South Africa 1
United Kingdom 149
Germany 24
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L