Login

russian armor

So. no Japan or Italy , but a THIRD German Army?

7 Mar 2016, 20:06 PM

Well if we strict to Afrika Korps than we will not have lots of diff units like the ones from Panzer Elite.

From what i remember, it consisted more of Panzer divisions, and a later a few tigers (and ofc the Flak 88).

7 Mar 2016, 20:11 PM

A lot of these ideas overlap, really. The Luftwaffe/HG Division, Afrika vets, and maybe even some allied Italian equipment could all fit in a mid-late war Mediterranean theatre army.

Cheap infantry with Luftwaffe
Fallschirmjagers
Panzer IIIs from HG Division
Semovente SPGs
Allied Bersaglieri maybe?
sIG33 would be a great counter to UKF emplacements

I'd be pretty excited about it. There's still a lot of untouched stuff on both sides of the conflict.
7 Mar 2016, 20:24 PM

Best and an only choice is mix of German Allies (Hungary, Italy, Romania etc.) and some German units like heavy tanks. Any other options like Japanese, North Africa and third purely German faction are garbage and fantasy.
7 Mar 2016, 20:29 PM

Wait why are we talking about another German faction like there is one coming? Did I miss something? Are we having another faction announcement soon or another big announcement?
7 Mar 2016, 20:32 PM
Donator 11

Wait why are we talking about another German faction like there is one coming? Did I miss something? Are we having another faction announcement soon or another big announcement?

There is literally nothing. The only thing that makes people think about another faction is that allies have more factions that axis... Thats it.
7 Mar 2016, 20:33 PM

I would totally be down for a Finnish faction.

Didn't the western allied powers launch bombing raids over Finland a few times too? Don't know if they ever fought on the field though.
7 Mar 2016, 20:38 PM
Donator 11

I would totally be down for a Finnish faction.

Didn't the western allied powers launch bombing raids over Finland a few times too? Don't know if they ever fought on the field though.

Sure they did, they even defeated the soviet union :p
7 Mar 2016, 20:39 PM

Sure they did, they even defeated the soviet union :p

They DIDN'T defeat SU.
7 Mar 2016, 21:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2016, 20:39 PMrejfor

They DIDN'T defeat SU.
The butthurt is strong here. They made peace after the Soviets got their asses handed to them.
7 Mar 2016, 22:08 PM

Again, there is way to have our cake and eat it too:
Sub-faction system for Ostheer / Wehrmacht. There'd be an Italian, a Belgian, a Hungarian, an Austrian, sure even an AfrikaKorps subfaction.
Replace some of the base units with subfaction specific units, or, I suppose, do whatever, but keep it sub. Germans were the only significant Axis force that gels with CoH2's style in WW2, and we've got documentation that these troops supported the German army / were supported by it, much less fought by themselves. As such, they're not worthy of being separate factions, imo, but would serve very worthily as a subfaction of the existing factions.
7 Mar 2016, 22:25 PM

Because the Axis strength in war was about 95% Germany. Italy simply sucked during WWII, losing everywhere all the time. Japan was a naval force with lots of ships and planes - both can't be used/controlled actively in Company of Heroes.
Both Allies of Germany were desperatly inferior to everything that the western Allies sent to war.

This was the Japanese main tank, the "Type 95 Ha-Go" which had the strength of no more than a Panzer II:

CoH is a game about infantry and tank micro.

Japan: Sucked at tanks
Italy: Sucked at tanks AND at infantry.

/Quote

I would prefer the Afrika Korps as a third German army.
And I'm sure the majority of the community is also in favor of this idea.

Actually, in Japan's case, its the Type-47 Chi-Ha (which was soon taken over by the Shinhoto variant, which was about on par with a Sherman) which was their Main Battle Tank. The Ha-Go was just their best light tank. I don't think Japan is likely nor that they were amazing, but they did field tanks. They had quite a variety. I think a multiplayer-only, Late War japan would work. Mostly infantry and support teams, with cheap Ha-Go, Chi-Ha Shinhoto and one of their Tank Destroyers.

Also, Men of War 2: Assault Squad is able to make do with a Japan faction and does it quite well. I believe it could even handle Italy too, so I don't see why CoH2 couldn't. I don't understand this 'style' that people allude to, with CoH2. I mean, its not the only WW2 game on market nor the best.

Probably not factions I'd give campains though.

Africa Corps would better fit a Commander or two, theres not really anything unique to it.
7 Mar 2016, 22:55 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2016, 22:25 PMDoggo

Actually, in Japan's case, its the Type-47 Chi-Ha (which was soon taken over by the Shinhoto variant, which was about on par with a Sherman) which was their Main Battle Tank. The Ha-Go was just their best light tank. I don't think Japan is likely nor that they were amazing, but they did field tanks. They had quite a variety. I think a multiplayer-only, Late War japan would work. Mostly infantry and support teams, with cheap Ha-Go, Chi-Ha Shinhoto and one of their Tank Destroyers.

Also, Men of War 2: Assault Squad is able to make do with a Japan faction and does it quite well. I believe it could even handle Italy too, so I don't see why CoH2 couldn't. I don't understand this 'style' that people allude to, with CoH2. I mean, its not the only WW2 game on market nor the best.

Probably not factions I'd give campains though.

Africa Corps would better fit a Commander or two, theres not really anything unique to it.

How can you say that a tank with 25mm frontal armor was on par with sherman? Even p2 was better armored... Chi-Ha Shinoto was on par with panzer 38(t) or crusader at best.
7 Mar 2016, 22:57 PM

+1 for Moon space nazis
7 Mar 2016, 23:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The butthurt is strong here. They made peace after the Soviets got their asses handed to them.

The Soviets won the Winter War pyrrhically which quite embarrassed them, and won the Continuation War with significant better odds for their adversaries.
7 Mar 2016, 23:08 PM

And what do you think about Czechoslovakia as third faction of axis? They had their own weapon production, not so many tanks, but tanks can be same, as German's.
7 Mar 2016, 23:54 PM

LMAO, 3rd axis faction? The game in the deepest bug-pudding-hole in history, what are you talking about?
8 Mar 2016, 00:48 AM

I would prefer the Afrika Korps as a third German army.
And I'm sure the majority of the community is also in favor of this idea.

+1
8 Mar 2016, 01:20 AM

Again more pz4 and panthers? Or would be another tiger now? Germans have already enough army and anything left can be easily added by commanders, let other faction with original stuff to appear in the game, not just more germans again
8 Mar 2016, 06:28 AM
Donator 11

Yes, a combined German and Italian army in North Africa, Sicily and Italy during the years 1941-1945.
nee
8 Mar 2016, 06:40 AM

Threads like these remind me of the US military's digital camo craze.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 26
Peru 15
United Kingdom 49
unknown 5
United States 2
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W