Login

russian armor

Lorch Assault turtle against Brit Emplacement spam commander

6 Mar 2016, 04:58 AM

This round pissed me off so much, that I failed to save a replay, don't even want to see it again.

The round lasted about 40 minutes, so a bit on the long side, 4v4 with 2 randoms against a lower ranked team.

This new Brit commander makes these ridiculously strong emplacements, 2 mortar pits and a bofors to be specific, when braced are nearly impossible to kill. With that big ass castle occupying 1/3 of the map and strong resistance holding the southern flank, there is like no flanking on this map and I absolutely could not kill his emplacements until the very end of the match in which we lost anyways.

I built 2 mortars which I eventually killed off so I could get a 2nd lfh 18, 2 pgren schreck squads, a Brummbar, and 2 Lfh 18's in the round. These emplacements would not die no matter what I did. I sunk sooooo much artillery into killing them it was ridiculous how fucking impossible it was to kill them. What a fucking shitty game coh2 has become, emplacement spam I could deal with in coh1, but not in this coh2.

We couldn't flank from the bottom, we couldn't flank from the middle since that's where all his emplacements were. I put everything I could into desroying his emplacement spam and nothing could work. It was the most boring, anger inducing match ever, when they said "gg" at the end of the round, I just told them "fck you"

I dunno if this should be a balance thread or not, but when I make 2 mortars, a Brummbar and 2 LFH18's to kill his emplacements, I better kill some fucking emplacements specializing my army THAT much into just killing his emplacements.
6 Mar 2016, 06:26 AM

Lelic and its need of money.
6 Mar 2016, 06:42 AM

We all understand your feelings man.
6 Mar 2016, 11:11 AM

The two golden rules when playing against emplacement spam are:
1) Do NOT feed veterancy to the emplacements (at vet3, they get +50% health and, oh boy, do they vet up fast)
2) Use recon and always focus fire on Forward Assemblies first (no brace, low HP, doctrinal passive repairs with doctrine)

Then, (as OST) you either use PIVs (if they rely on AT guns) or Stugs (if they rely on tanks) to crush the sim city. In the late-game Elefant and LeFH also works wonders, too.

Now, with respect to Lorch, your best bet may have been to brute-force the south flank and take some VPs (so that you aren't bleeding as heavily and have a chance for the late game). The rest of the team could also harass the north flank (the emplacements can't move).

If you've tried too hard to brute-force middle (and failed), the emplacements would have achieved Vet3. In this case, you have only made your life harder.

This is not a reliable strategy by any means, but it's currently your best bet.
6 Mar 2016, 20:18 PM

double AT guns/ double stugs is always my answer to emplacement spam. If they have built so many emplacements, it means they dont have much infantry or AT. Kill the bofors first, then move on to mortar pits. Also, mortar half tracks are great vs emplacements if you use one of those commanders (spearhead is da best). Ive dealt with lots of these spams and it works pretty much everytime. Time the brace correctly and then bombard it with AT/stugs and mortar half track flames.
7 Mar 2016, 12:39 PM

Hey man,I feel with you..

I only play 2v2,3v3 with my mates and everybody knows his job,here is what we do:

If he digs in you got a few options:
-Ignore the part of the map (gives him fuel advantage,rip for ost and okw)
-Buy: 2 mortars and a pio flamer smoke him and use attack ground with pios.
-THE BEST go for Close air support,why?!?

Because!
If you have good mates they lock down fuel and ammo (flaktruck okw)
-You drop ammo for you and fuel for them to rush t4 tanks or Kt.
Once you reach 10 cp you can go anti tank flight on the cancer= 1hit strife rip cancer.
Until you get the 10 cp just go for infantry and medium tanks to keep the pressure up so they dont overwehlm you.

+ Anti blob, because we all know blobs sucks...
Make the retreat,use reconflight over their base/forward hq and stuka bomb the blob 6/10 GG for you.

Thats what we do, I support with resources and strifes,they help with troops ;)
7 Mar 2016, 12:55 PM

all your team need to be okw and 2 leig or 3 for person and gg best option for me becouse wermaht need to chose commander to kill emplacments and okw dont
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 71

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight