Login

russian armor

Why 2 germans?

4 Mar 2016, 22:31 PM

So let me get this straight?

On the allied side there are three different distinct faction with USF, Brits, and USSR. Representing all the three big allied players.

But then on the axis there is Germans and... more Germans?

Where's Japan? Where's Italy? I'm honestly pretty disappointed, I kind of thought atleast one of them would be in the game with all the allies there.

Why would they do it like this?
4 Mar 2016, 22:34 PM

In its current state the games set in late 1944.

Japs wouldn't make sense on any of the maps and their army is very specific (infantry based) and would only work on a very well designed game (pacific).

Italy have literally nothing and would be a pathetic faction, might aswel add France while your at it.
4 Mar 2016, 22:36 PM

So let me get this straight?

On the allied side there are three different distinct faction with USF, Brits, and USSR. Representing all the three big allied players.

But then on the axis there is Germans and... more Germans?

Where's Japan? Where's Italy? I'm honestly pretty disappointed, I kind of thought atleast one of them would be in the game with all the allies there.

Why would they do it like this?

please make a list of viable, non-prototype units from, japanese and Italian armies which can tackle an IS-2, Churchill or a pershing and work from there.......

see the problem?

4 Mar 2016, 22:37 PM
Donator 11

Yeah, its pretty much the problem of setting game around 1944 and 1945. All axis factions during war had old equipment at the time and wouldnt be competitive or just used german weapons what leads to making another german faction in the same fashion.
4 Mar 2016, 22:41 PM

But if it takes place in 1944, then why o the soviets mostly use t34/76? And it's not like Germany was doing all that much better then Japan or Italy in 1944.

Also it seems like a poor argument when other ww2 games like RUSE and men of war have Japanese factions, and men of war is a much more realistic game.
4 Mar 2016, 22:45 PM
Patrion 15

We've had this thread 1000 times already this year...

I'll leave it for now, but if it goes off the rails - like they always do - it'll be locked. You've been warned.

4 Mar 2016, 22:49 PM
Donator 11

But if it takes place in 1944, then why o the soviets mostly use t34/76? And it's not like Germany was doing all that much better then Japan or Italy in 1944.

Also it seems like a poor argument when other ww2 games like RUSE and men of war have Japanese factions, and men of war is a much more realistic game.

I dont know about warthunder but RUSE uses prototypes that weren't even constructed... Soviets used all variants of t-34 in 1944 so it is not an issue, also its not that you see the t-34/76 too often couse it sucks and nobody builds it :foreveralone: Saying that germans didn't have better equipment than japan or italy in 1944 is just stupid, those two countries were with some exceptions still using WW1 tactics and weaponry while germans created and used weapons that are backbone of modern military forces like jet planes, hybrid engines, assault rifles, mechanised infantry, universal machineguns, guided rockets, intercontinental missiles and so on.
4 Mar 2016, 23:33 PM
4 Mar 2016, 23:44 PM

Yeah let's add Japanese faction and give them submarines and ships that can wreck havoc on units walking through the streams of crossing in the woods :D
5 Mar 2016, 00:01 AM

Because this is exactly how it looked like in 1944-45, which is the time of multiplayer.
6 Mar 2016, 21:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2016, 22:36 PMGrim

please make a list of viable, non-prototype units from, japanese and Italian armies which can tackle an IS-2, Churchill or a pershing and work from there.......

see the problem?

Solid reply is solid.

OP, hang around for a bit and you'll see the community has been asking this for a long time.
Additionally, if they were to add Japan, it wouldnt make sense as the Japs have only encountered the USF and Soviets over the Pacific and Mongolia, not Europ
6 Mar 2016, 21:42 PM

I'm all for Italy, if people were ok with playing the USF up until the introduction of the Pershing then having Heavy tanks in order for an Army to be playable is not a valid argument. Think about it, we got the Brits who are basically reversed Axis, weak Early game, strong mid-late game, Italy would be reversed Allies, strong early-mid game, weak late game.
6 Mar 2016, 21:45 PM

RUSE has Italy, Japan...with 44-45 design. Its not rocket science to add them to Coh 2...
6 Mar 2016, 21:50 PM

RUSE has Italy, Japan...with 44-45 design. Its not rocket science to add them to Coh 2...

RUSE is a gimmick based game...
MoW:AS2 also has them, but the stuff happening there is just hilarity incarnation.
6 Mar 2016, 22:28 PM

I personally like the theater of war settings and love getting rolf stomped by t34s when my tanks have short 75mm. Would it be feasible to add them to that sort of a scenario? A few powers had comparable stuff during that period they just hadn't mobilized.
6 Mar 2016, 23:12 PM

I will take Kampfgruppe Lehr with jagdpanther as a core unit. They had enough units in company of heroes.
7 Mar 2016, 00:10 AM

Italy or Japan will be next faction. This game anyway not fully realistic or even trying for it.
7 Mar 2016, 00:29 AM

Yeah let's add Japanese faction and give them submarines and ships that can wreck havoc on units walking through the streams of crossing in the woods :D

hah, I lolled)
7 Mar 2016, 03:33 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

R.U.S.E. also has players fighting with the Maus, the Type 5 Chi-Ri, the T95 and the ARL 44 tanks.

And there was DLC for a game mode with a nuclear option.

Even the silliness of the Bergetiger in CoH1 has more basis than those units, really.
7 Mar 2016, 03:36 AM

RUSE is a gimmick based game...
MoW:AS2 also has them, but the stuff happening there is just hilarity incarnation.

Ruse has a much larger scale and more of an economic/combined arms mechanic that can represent the strengths of factions that wouldn't be viable in a tactical level game like CoH2. Don't bag on Eugen, they're better than Relic
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★