Login

russian armor

Relic, OKW Needs the resource penalty back!

4 Mar 2016, 22:08 PM
Patrion 15

Its hobby for people come in here and try to balance CoH2, speaking their concerns when they only play 5-10 games in a month :foreveralone:
Unique community.
4 Mar 2016, 22:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2016, 22:08 PMruzen
5-10 games in a month

I know you're not talking to anybody in particular, but assuming you're talking to me, I do play about 50 games a month, which includes about 1-2 auto-matches a week, while the rest are just screwing around in custom games with friends, or testing stuff.
4 Mar 2016, 22:19 PM

It can't directly fix it, but it would greatly restrict it.

schreck blob was the dominate OKW strategy back when they had resource penalty. Reintroducing resource penalty is not going to fix it.
4 Mar 2016, 22:20 PM
Patrion 15

I know you're not talking to anybody in particular, but assuming you're talking to me, I do play about 50 games a month, which includes about 1-2 auto-matches a week, while the rest are just screwing around in custom games with friends, or testing stuff.

no you dont need to assume. It was general
4 Mar 2016, 22:32 PM
Donator 11

Not that I'm some kind of elitist or something but if one is ranked worse than a 1000 in his best mode, which is approximately the level of hard AI in this game, he shouldn't touch ballance forums at all becouse he knows nothing of the game... Just saying.
4 Mar 2016, 23:18 PM

Not that I'm some kind of elitist or something but if one is ranked worse than a 1000 in his best mode, which is approximately the level of hard AI in this game, he shouldn't touch ballance forums at all becouse he knows nothing of the game... Just saying.

AI compared to Players? No, no, no, no, no, no. I beat Expert AI easily. Now please can we get back on topic please, and I can touch the balance form all I want, just like you touching yourself daily.

schreck blob was the dominate OKW strategy back when they had resource penalty. Reintroducing resource penalty is not going to fix it.

As I said, It won't fix it, it's already too embedded into the game anyways, but it'll restrict it more than it is now. Usually less volk means less powerful blob, which means it'll be easier to deal with.
4 Mar 2016, 23:25 PM
Donator 11

AI compared to Players? No, no, no, no, no, no. I beat Expert AI easily. Now please can we get back on topic please, and I can touch the balance form all I want, just like you touching yourself daily.

As I said, It won't fix it, it's already too embedded into the game anyways, but it'll restrict it more than it is now. Usually less volk means less powerful blob, which means it'll be easier to deal with.

Sure we can both do what you said. But in both cases it would be much better if we do not :lol:
4 Mar 2016, 23:34 PM

But the 5 levels of vet is one of the things that makes OKW unique and CoH2 needs to keep its differentiable factions if its going to remain fun to play.

Vet levels may have to be looked at once the vet system is fixed, but that's an issue for all factions.

Having unique and beneficial features is nice, but usually they come at a downside somewhere else.
I am personally a bit on the fence about it. I liked the idea of high-vet-but-few units but it just did not work in practice. I am glad they removed the resource penalty, but some units scale absurdly well, such as the JP4 (JP4 at vet 5 is ridiculous), and it is hard to justify this with a faction that has no less resources than any other faction (they actually have more than other factions, as their tech is very cheap and they start with extra manpower).
4 Mar 2016, 23:55 PM

Historically : German army was the best and had the best weapons.

But as the war progress they became resources starved. Relic try to keep this flavor with OKW by giving it a resources penalty.

But something happen and the original design was abandoned some patch ago.

What if the panzershreck upgrade would cost less but also last about 2 shots/models ? Now they would think more before using it to kill infantry squads... Same thing could be done for their biggest tanks by using a refuel upgrade...lasting a certain movement distance...

Sure those units would have to be retune for balance, but it would keep the initial flavor.

What do you think ?
4 Mar 2016, 23:58 PM

How about we add a new critical for Germans. It won't need any enemy interaction. All German tanks now randomly receive Engine Destroyed critical. Using blitzkrieg has a 75 percent chance to grant the Immobilized critical.
5 Mar 2016, 01:03 AM

I'd rather see how it performs first. OKW is pretty meh right now, getting their vet 5 to actually work might be the kick they need. If they do need resources limited though, adding sidetechs and/or increased MP for teching is the way to go, not the old penalty.
5 Mar 2016, 01:07 AM

But as the war progress they became resources starved. Relic try to keep this flavor with OKW by giving it a resources penalty.

But something happen and the original design was abandoned some patch ago.

What if the panzershreck upgrade would cost less but also last about 2 shots/models ? Now they would think more before using it to kill infantry squads... Same thing could be done for their biggest tanks by using a refuel upgrade...lasting a certain movement distance...

Sure those units would have to be retune for balance, but it would keep the initial flavor.

What do you think ?

I think....:bananadance:
nee
5 Mar 2016, 01:12 AM

Doesn't OKW still have a resource penalty in the form of not being able to build caches, plus an overall cost increase/ nerf to units through previous patches? It's not like they are everything UKF is but with two more vet levels (which are or can be scaled to the three levels other factions have).

Partially correct, they had some advanced weapons and tactics, but they still relied in bolt action rifles and armoured cars more than machine guns and tanks.

Germans were ALWAYS resource starved, they just made propaganda videos implying they weren't. Horses were the primary logistics carrier, not trucks cars or even trains. Their entire method of fighting in WW2 was centred around this burden.

Far too much micro, you mighjt as well give Volks Panzerfaust ability, which does exactly the same thing for less headache.
nee
5 Mar 2016, 01:15 AM

5 Mar 2016, 01:31 AM

Would be nice for the supposed 'manpower starved late 1944' faction to actually have issues with manpower.

But then again you could argue that the SU should have some sort of manpower bonus :D

Soviets have 6-man squads. Axis usually 4.
5 Mar 2016, 01:38 AM

With this recent announcement (http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2016/03/04/the-vetreinforce-bug), which says that the vet wasn't working all along, and will be fixed in the next patch, I think that calls for OKW to gain their faction penalty back. Volks will be stronger than ever with the now-working super 5 star veterancy levels. Limit the resources, limit the volks, limit the blob, also limit the super everything else, because FIVE F*CKING VETERANCY LEVELS. I loved the old OKW for what they were with the penalty, now hopefully I'll get this back :lol:! Relic please, it's out only hope before the 9th of March! :help:

The vet was already nerfed.

You're confused by the number 5 as if it makes them awesome. They're very close to every other faction.

Brit inf comes out stronger and stay strong all game.

Plus vet5 is so rare on most units except Volks.
5 Mar 2016, 03:46 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Lol, more than just OKW are going to need to be fixed after the patch. Going to have lots of changes after the patch.
5 Mar 2016, 04:06 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Lol, more than just OKW are going to need to be fixed after the patch. Going to have lots of changes after the patch.

It's like a new faction release, but no one has to buy anything to get involved with the new fun!
5 Mar 2016, 05:07 AM

relic plz give okw caches,high count crew team weapons,cheaper and better mediums,vehicle crews and most importantly better offmaps and stronger commanders relic plz.

5 Mar 2016, 05:40 AM

OKW is fine

few Elite Tanks and Elite Infantry, supported by recruits.

each lost Tank is a huge blow because it's so expensive.

It plays just like intended
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS