Login

russian armor

Axis blob (3+) destroy Maxim from front.

4 Mar 2016, 19:33 PM

While the Maxim is designed to deal with massed amounts of infantry, its setup time and smaller arc make it a more mobile suppression unit and less of a mg wall unit. They are only being beaten because they don't have any units giving it proper LOS. 3 mobile units vs 1 unsupported unit should always be a win for the three or even two if used properly.

Tips:
-use 2 maxims covering each other
-Demos and or mines.

Assuming they have munis for flame nade then you should have munis for mines and demos. Maxims are fine. They only cost 15 mp to reinforce.

Any good player will blob with a mine sweeper... or use walking stuka to clear a safe path.
aaa
4 Mar 2016, 19:41 PM

Any good player will blob with a mine sweeper... or use walking stuka to clear a safe path.

Blobs this patch are not issue ussualy. Vs shrek blobs I just use guards and cons and t70 from the back and mortar.
Much worse when they sit outside of your base with horde of grens and deny your fuel. Such as left house on ferma and surrounding area.

Moving units have lower dps and no cover obviously. So its just a gift if someone moves to you with multiple squads.
4 Mar 2016, 21:21 PM

And any good player won't leave his Maxim unsupported on the front lines either. You keep saying he has all these units (mulitple volks, spios stukas) and complain when they steam roll over one Maxim.
4 Mar 2016, 21:25 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2016, 19:41 PMaaa

Blobs this patch are not issue ussualy. Vs shrek blobs I just use guards and cons and t70 from the back and mortar.
Much worse when they sit outside of your base with horde of grens and deny your fuel. Such as left house on ferma and surrounding area.

Moving units have lower dps and no cover obviously. So its just a gift if someone moves to you with multiple squads.

Why do you have such a hard on for grens?
4 Mar 2016, 21:49 PM

Any good player can counter blob...or use combined arms to wipe them out.

You're surprised that your puny 240mp unit gets rekt by +700mp "blob".

4 Mar 2016, 22:30 PM

Any good player can counter blob...or use combined arms to wipe them out.

You're surprised that your puny 240mp unit gets rekt by +700mp "blob".

In my book, HMG should stop any amount of inf squad in it's arc/range. It's the way it should be.

As it is now : It's a game breaking bug or a bad attempt to make the game more appealing to a greater audience...

Thanks.
4 Mar 2016, 22:33 PM

That's because the maxim is mainline infantry not an MG!

duh
4 Mar 2016, 22:36 PM

My favorite one is when you use a KV-8 vs a shreck blob but they just ignore the lukewarm bathwater that the flamethrower shoots and you have to pull it back
4 Mar 2016, 22:37 PM

My favorite one is when you use a KV-8 vs a shreck blob but they just ignore the lukewarm bathwater that the flamethrower shoots and you have to pull it back

nah m8

churchill crocodile is better because the bloody thing will try and REVERSE towards the blob XD
4 Mar 2016, 22:40 PM
Donator 11

I wonder who told OP that this game is realistic :romeoPls:
5 Mar 2016, 01:27 AM

3 con + 1 maxim won't do better vs 3-4 double shreckers either...Flame nades negate any cover.

In any wars, none can ever run in front of any HMGs period. Those are made to be cheap to build and to create interdiction zone to infantry.

That's why indirect fire exist.

HMGs should do less damage but suppress more and have a greater effective sight/range superior to any grenades.

Grenades are for close positions and flanking tactic.

Betting 10€ you would come back and post about mg42 beeing so damn OP with its wide arc, insta Supression and increased sightrange. Be careful what you wish :snfCHVGame:
5 Mar 2016, 01:51 AM

Betting 10€ you would come back and post about mg42 beeing so damn OP with its wide arc, insta Supression and increased sightrange. Be careful what you wish :snfCHVGame:

I'll bet 100$ that you're right.

Voltar would cry if mg42 could actually suppress that way.
5 Mar 2016, 03:24 AM

The answer is easy, you make your own Maxim blob.
5 Mar 2016, 03:48 AM

I'll bet 100$ that you're right.

Voltar would cry if mg42 could actually suppress that way.

I would be glad if the mg42 were as good at it was in WW2.

It would bring : The return of flanking, the return of mortar smoke, the return of scouting, the return of many unused units.

We would need too use all those units that sleep unused in our toolbox.

The death of all blobs !

The return of a great game !

My thanks !
5 Mar 2016, 13:26 PM

I would be glad if the mg42 were as good at it was in WW2.

It would bring : The return of flanking, the return of mortar smoke, the return of scouting, the return of many unused units.

We would need too use all those units that sleep unused in our toolbox.

The death of all blobs !

The return of a great game !

My thanks !

If it brought that, I'd be with you 100%

I think it would too, partly. But don't you think that things like mine-wipes and such would still keep the game static like it is now? Such a high risk to move around, better to just do full frontal.

I miss VCoH :'(
5 Mar 2016, 13:31 PM

That only happens if they see you first
5 Mar 2016, 13:46 PM

Easily solvable, don't play Soviets.
5 Mar 2016, 14:02 PM
Donator 11

I'm tired of that maxim op diatribe !

Axis blob (3+) destroy Maxim (with suppression bulletin) from front easily, and if needed will throw a flame or rifle grenade "even suppressed" to destroy it .

If they spread a bit they can kill a quad halftrack in 2 sec.

Only fear propaganda or flamer tank seem to work, but they come late...

But the worst are shreck blobs who kill Maxims, snipers or any infantry model from the front using their AT-weapons.

These are the worst aspects of COH2, the rest are not perfect but are at least fun and a bit more realistic.

With those, equally skilled axis players will always have a edge versus their allies counterpart.

I hope that when they finally fixe the vet but, they will have look at the above. (5 stars shrecks blobs...= gg)

Maybe, if those above are fixed, the brit's sim city or bofors spam will lose it's relevance.(spamming bofors are not really fun...).

Thanks.

So... what your saying is that Axis At Guns snipe models and a few Axis units can take out a Maxim. Go ahead and read my last sentence a few times, now replace the words Axis with Allied, also replace Maxim with Mg42/34. You'll get my point mate. "Hint" It's the same for both sides :)
5 Mar 2016, 15:52 PM

Support Maxim with infantry, or protect it with mines.
5 Mar 2016, 17:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2016, 22:33 PMGrim
That's because the maxim is mainline infantry not an MG!

+1

You support your maxim with a conscript or CE, not the other way round unfortunately.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★