Login

russian armor

Axis blob (3+) destroy Maxim from front.

4 Mar 2016, 17:24 PM

I'm tired of that maxim op diatribe !

Axis blob (3+) destroy Maxim (with suppression bulletin) from front easily, and if needed will throw a flame or rifle grenade "even suppressed" to destroy it .

If they spread a bit they can kill a quad halftrack in 2 sec.

Only fear propaganda or flamer tank seem to work, but they come late...

But the worst are shreck blobs who kill Maxims, snipers or any infantry model from the front using their AT-weapons.

These are the worst aspects of COH2, the rest are not perfect but are at least fun and a bit more realistic.

With those, equally skilled axis players will always have a edge versus their allies counterpart.

I hope that when they finally fixe the vet but, they will have look at the above. (5 stars shrecks blobs...= gg)

Maybe, if those above are fixed, the brit's sim city or bofors spam will lose it's relevance.(spamming bofors are not really fun...).

Thanks.

4 Mar 2016, 17:29 PM

3 units vs 1 maxim? i think its fine. You sluld have 2 maxims and a sq of inf against it, or alt least just to maxims and micro.

About shreks.. dunno some times it could happen, why not really? its a rocket in the face )) but should have maybe 10-15% chance
aaa
4 Mar 2016, 17:33 PM

+1 maxim is too bad vs OH. Need long range buff specificaly vs grens and sniper. Good topic. Thank you.
4 Mar 2016, 17:54 PM

While the Maxim is designed to deal with massed amounts of infantry, its setup time and smaller arc make it a more mobile suppression unit and less of a mg wall unit. They are only being beaten because they don't have any units giving it proper LOS. 3 mobile units vs 1 unsupported unit should always be a win for the three or even two if used properly.

Tips:
-use 2 maxims covering each other
-Demos and or mines.

Assuming they have munis for flame nade then you should have munis for mines and demos. Maxims are fine. They only cost 15 mp to reinforce.
4 Mar 2016, 17:54 PM

I'm tired of that maxim op diatribe !

Axis blob (3+) destroy Maxim (with suppression bulletin) from front easily, and if needed will throw a flame or rifle grenade "even suppressed" to destroy it .

If they spread a bit they can kill a quad halftrack in 2 sec.

Only fear propaganda or flamer tank seem to work, but they come late...

But the worst are shreck blobs who kill Maxims, snipers or any infantry model from the front using their AT-weapons.

These are the worst aspects of COH2, the rest are not perfect but are at least fun and a bit more realistic.

With those, equally skilled axis players will always have a edge versus their allies counterpart.

I hope that when they finally fixe the vet but, they will have look at the above. (5 stars shrecks blobs...= gg)

Maybe, if those above are fixed, the brit's sim city or bofors spam will lose it's relevance.(spamming bofors are not really fun...).

Thanks.

If there are three units attacking, you should have another 2 units supporting the maxim. As has been said many times about the MG42 - you need to support your support weapons. Keep them at range.

Also, your quad halftrack shouldn't be in range of shreks. it's like me saying my Luchs got taken out just by four zookas. If you kite, you have a good chance of surviving and pinning them.

Thanks.
4 Mar 2016, 17:59 PM

Why does my unsupported MG not hold an entire flank all by itself? It is a SUPPORT weapon meant to SUPPORT your infantry not go ham all by itself. The fact that people can pull (quite easily) of builds consisting mostly of maxims tells me the problem here is in front of the monitor not the game. Also shrecks arguably snipe models not as reliable as zooks do, but not in any way as consistent as you claim. Volks with shrecks lose dps vs infantry iirc.
4 Mar 2016, 18:03 PM

l2p maxims are super easy to use and super effective in combat. really l2p im a noob but i get easy rankz with soviets due maxims.

l2p or play compstomp but stop your stupid balance comments which never make any sense

"thanks"
4 Mar 2016, 18:07 PM

If there are three units attacking, you should have another 2 units supporting the maxim. As has been said many times about the MG42 - you need to support your support weapons. Keep them at range.

Also, your quad halftrack shouldn't be in range of shreks. it's like me saying my Luchs got taken out just by four zookas. If you kite, you have a good chance of surviving and pinning them.

Thanks.

They just kill the Maxim and retreat to a forward retreat truck and come back in no time.

Yes they can be stopped, but the effort to do so is greater the effort of blobbing them.

Those blobs are also very mobile and can assault quickly any part of the battlefield. The larger the map the hardest it become to stop them.(Add just a recon plan and they will know where to attack.)

In the starting phase is you don't build some Hmgs, Axis will bully you (especially OKW). But by building HMGs, you are becoming static and vulnerable to indirect fire...and so on.
4 Mar 2016, 18:17 PM

They just kill the Maxim and retreat to a forward retreat truck and come back in no time.

Yes they can be stopped, but the effort to do so is greater the effort of blobbing them.

Those blobs are also very mobile and can assault quickly any part of the battlefield. The larger the map the hardest it become to stop them.(Add just a recon plan and they will know where to attack.)

In the starting phase is you don't build some Hmgs, Axis will bully you (especially OKW). But by building HMGs, you are becoming static and vulnerable to indirect fire...and so on.

I agree about forward retreat points, they do give an advantage. Possibly should be looked at for OKW, USF and UKF. But remember, if he has upgraded the retreat point - that's 300MP he isn't using for new units. You will have a short window to push up with weight of numbers.

The only advice I can give is to be ready to retreat your Maxim if it's caught out of position (I know the stupid gunner problem can make this hard sometimes) and keep the pressure on the suppressed volks with your other two units.

Also, do you use sprint ability on the maxims? It's extremely annoying for axis players. You can pull the maxim behind your other troops and keep it on the field, then use cons to merge.

Lastly, I agree about blobs. In any army they're pretty annoying. But until Relic gives us a rec-acc nerf for blobs, we're stuck with them.
4 Mar 2016, 18:25 PM

Ehhh it sounds like you aren't using Maxims correctly. You lose out if you are playing static with them trying to use them as blob control like a MG42. Maxims are best used A-Moving around supporting Infantry. Either way, 3 Infantry should beat a single Maxim we don't want super Maxims insta-pinning multiple squads..

Maxim death-loop and flame grenades ARE a problem though.
4 Mar 2016, 18:34 PM

So you are cool with Rifle blobs getting nerfed too? Because against OKW they don't even have to face a MG and still have a more mobile forward retreat point.

Blobs are a problem for everyone, but again as others have said, you have unrealistic expectations for MG performance.

I have seen MGs pin 5+ squad blobs. Maybe he is not blobbing but microing well to avoid the group suppression (easier to do vs maxims due to the narrow cone).
4 Mar 2016, 18:40 PM

Buff for maxim? mg34 just stopped crying in the corner and commited suicide.
4 Mar 2016, 19:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2016, 17:33 PMaaa
Thank you.
Your rank was above 1000 3 weeks agao. How come you are a top 200 now?

OH YEAH HAX N EXPLOITS
4 Mar 2016, 19:13 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I think the maxim is fine, but you did mention fixing schreck sniping which I think is sorely needed for all infantry based AT.
aaa
4 Mar 2016, 19:14 PM

OH YEAH HAX N EXPLOITS

Cheating with drophack whatelse? You are crazy. Last time my rank was top 1000 year ago.
4 Mar 2016, 19:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2016, 19:13 PMTobis
I think the maxim is fine, but you did mention fixing schreck sniping which I think is sorely needed for all infantry based AT.

Yes, for all AT-base weapons.
4 Mar 2016, 19:16 PM

It was 3 weeks ago bro, the time when you were the most active on the balance forums. :lol::snfPeter:

Anyways, aaa for lead strategist!
aaa
4 Mar 2016, 19:18 PM

OH YEAH HAX N EXPLOITS

Cheating with drophack what else? You are crazy. Also couple of top5 guys are playing on my account for 1$ per game. Last time my rank was top 1000 year ago.
4 Mar 2016, 19:19 PM
Donator 11

Well you probably didn't have your other 2 maxims supporting the first one. Also you need to switch targets with maxims because it has so little aoe suppression.
4 Mar 2016, 19:30 PM

Ehhh it sounds like you aren't using Maxims correctly. You lose out if you are playing static with them trying to use them as blob control like a MG42. Maxims are best used A-Moving around supporting Infantry. Either way, 3 Infantry should beat a single Maxim we don't want super Maxims insta-pinning multiple squads..

Maxim death-loop and flame grenades ARE a problem though.

3 con + 1 maxim won't do better vs 3-4 double shreckers either...Flame nades negate any cover.

In any wars, none can ever run in front of any HMGs period. Those are made to be cheap to build and to create interdiction zone to infantry.

That's why indirect fire exist.

HMGs should do less damage but suppress more and have a greater effective sight/range superior to any grenades.

Grenades are for close positions and flanking tactic.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★