Login

russian armor

Vet fix March 9th

PAGES (10)down
aaa
6 Mar 2016, 05:47 AM

Cons vs grens : vet 0 without lmg - short - cons win , mid - RNG fight , far grens win

vet 3 , where grens have lmg , cons nothing. Cons won always short otherwise win grens

Medium short how much is that? In cm on the screen of standart monitor.

And cons win at short distance only if they dont close distance first. Relic forget to give them teleport ability to make short range superiority of any use. Units like sturms can close distance they dont care if 1 squad is shooting at it but cons drop models in that scenario.

I suppose short in this game is less than 4 cm. Medium maybe 5-8 cm. Long range is like 9-20.
Lmg grens win at all ranges exept short that > 90% of engagements.

6 Mar 2016, 07:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2016, 05:47 AMaaa

And cons win at short distance only if they dont close distance first. Relic forget to give them teleport ability to make short range superiority of any use. Units like sturms can close distance they dont care if 1 squad is shooting at it but cons drop models in that scenario.

I suppose short in this game is less than 4 cm. Medium maybe 5-8 cm. Long range is like 9-20.

Man, stop whining... please! You've already been called out on your "no wins vs OST" bullcrap. Now please let this thread return to the topic instead of it being a vessel for your own personal anger at your own weaknesses.
6 Mar 2016, 07:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2016, 05:47 AMaaa

idk how mach cm is on the sreen , im not calculating it by ruler.

But i think I know and any of us know what is normal mid range (cca 20 range , unit have 30,35 range , sniper have 50)

And of couse units did not close in , use true site to ambush your enemy dont just yolo your squads and remeber cons and grens cost the same.

Like really guy you can try these tests yourself , units lose veterancy only if they reinforce and in cheatmode you can make vet 3 squads without even losing one member.

Try it and stop whinning about OStheer OpieOP and if you want create thread about it , this thread is about vet in general not ostheer vs soviets
aaa
6 Mar 2016, 08:35 AM

Ambush with cons? That joke is not so good.
Hope that vet fix will help slightly. Since grens are slightly more wipeable
6 Mar 2016, 08:50 AM

I don't think this issue has been since launch. There was some Veterancy Stack Issues that were a few patches back. I believe this issue to be a knock on of those fixes.

Just my 2 Cents :)

To be honest, since the blog says this has existed since the lunch of coh2, I am more worried it may totally break the balance (because the game has so far been balanced based on that), and fixing it may result in a chaos! hope it won't happen

hope the balance team actually and properly test everything balancewise before releasing the fix
6 Mar 2016, 09:18 AM

To be honest, since the blog says this has existed since the lunch of coh2, I am more worried it may totally break the balance (because the game has so far been balanced based on that), and fixing it may result in a chaos! hope it won't happen

hope the balance team actually and properly test everything balancewise before releasing the fix

The only squads that have to be looked at are the infantry squads, the rest always worked properly.
6 Mar 2016, 09:28 AM

The only squads that have to be looked at are the infantry squads, the rest always worked properly.

only?!! infantry is the main and core of any army right? the most to important balance
Hux
6 Mar 2016, 09:51 AM
Patrion 14

Perhaps this one should appear as a patch mod before it goes live uh guys?
6 Mar 2016, 10:07 AM

So, defensive vet is no longer works too right now? I noticed that my paratroopers with 2 vet have no non-combat health regen.
6 Mar 2016, 10:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2016, 09:51 AMHux

No way man. We're all in this together.

You can't play those previews in automatch so you don't really get an accurate sense. Plus I don't think we can wait any longer to get vet working again. I don't know about you but the game just feels incomplete at the moment and unsatisfying. Sooner the better.
6 Mar 2016, 11:41 AM

I seriously doubt an engine fix can be implemented as a mod. Maybe a separate installation like the alphas.

In any case, let's hope the fix taking a week and a half means it's truly a fix.
6 Mar 2016, 12:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2016, 10:36 AMRappy

You can't play those previews in automatch so you don't really get an accurate sense. Plus I don't think we can wait any longer to get vet working again. I don't know about you but the game just feels incomplete at the moment and unsatisfying. Sooner the better.

This.

I actually held out playing since Feb 25 patch, so I don't care if the game is "unbalanced" or whatever. Can't be worse than infini rear echelons or non existent veterancy, right?
6 Mar 2016, 14:44 PM
Donator 22

so we have had vet3 squads fight like vet 0 or 1 and nobody noticed?
and this in pretty much every game?

lol

I love this.
How mundane we all are.
6 Mar 2016, 15:06 PM

Patch mods can't do the technical stuff. Veterancy shouldn't be working in any mods either.
6 Mar 2016, 16:06 PM

Infantry heavy builds are going to be super effective. I'm calling no tech or one tier armor company/airborne as USF, even more Volks as okw, lots of more heavy gren builds, and Penals to actually be viable.
6 Mar 2016, 16:17 PM

The blog is probably wrong. You guys don't remember terminator Volks do you? Even after reinforcing, one could not simply kill them.
6 Mar 2016, 16:35 PM
Donator 33

The blog post was probably too confusing for some people.

The engine flaw that messed up vet existed since launch.

Vet worked until 4 months ago when relic tried to fix some vet related issue (can't remember what exactly it was). That's why I doubt that a vet fix would cause a lot of balance issues.
6 Mar 2016, 17:51 PM

Now that we know the bug, we can play with it as we were before...

The game as it is feel rather balanced and models preservation is of the utmost importance. The bug effect is somehow realistic and i like it.
(We know the bug effect : reinforcements don't get vet bonus)

Rather stay like this, then having a unbalanced game for some months...

My 2 cents.

Thanks.
Hux
6 Mar 2016, 21:05 PM
Patrion 14

Patch mods can't do the technical stuff. Veterancy shouldn't be working in any mods either.

perhaps not, but the sentiment remains the same. lets hope all these things have been thoroughly tested before they hit live...
7 Mar 2016, 01:17 AM

On the upside, we've asked for Relic to be more transparent and they are. Honestly if it were me I wouldn't tell the whole community a bugs been in place since the day of the launch. They ninja patch things all the time, I'm genuinely surprised they didn't cover this up.

Nice job Relic, on the road to success.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight