Login

russian armor

had problems to kill emplacment and counter battery add it

5 Mar 2016, 19:55 PM

I find that Ostheer can play aggressively and stop Brits from setting up. As AeroHank has said, if you build defensively don't be surprised if the Brit player is building defensively as well.

I noticed OKW players have the hardest time, simply because they keep getting 4-5 volk squads and wonder why they can't kill a bofars as easily.

Off-topic, do OKW really have any other choice? They have manpower and they can only pump two infantry units for say 10 or so mins. Volks can only destroy emplacement if you upgrade them but that also means you are risking 250 manpower + 90 munition. Luchs can't stand bofors and one stuka will take ages to destroy it. Medic truck does have a counter aka LEIG but then again, 2 mortar emplacement can take out LEIG without vets (Bcos of the range). I know, that if you vet them up (LEIG), they will eat emplacements for fun but early on it is a struggle.

I do not know why the removed jagdpanzer from the medic truck. That tank could have sniped emplacements and okw could have had more option to choose from.

I might be wrong (or not) but at present, okw can only pump sturms and volks and pray LEIG can actually do something. Unless you rush luchs and stop them from building emplacements in the first place itself. But that fortification uk commander allows IS to build...so yeah. Bofor will hit the field first.
5 Mar 2016, 19:56 PM

I've played multiple 1v1s against Aerohank where I went into the game full agressive and won the games since he couldn't put up a sim city
5 Mar 2016, 19:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2016, 19:55 PMClick

Off-topic, do OKW really have any other choice? They have manpower and they can only pump two infantry units for say 10 or so mins. Volks can only destroy emplacement if you upgrade them but that also means you are risking 250 manpower + 90 munition. Luchs can't stand bofors and one stuka will take ages to destroy it. Medic truck does have a counter aka LEIG but then again, 2 mortar emplacement can take out LEIG without vets (Bcos of the range). I know, that if you vet them up (LEIG), they will eat emplacements for fun but early on it is a struggle.

I do not know why the removed jagdpanzer from the medic truck. That tank could have sniped emplacements and okw could have had more option to choose from.

I might be wrong (or not) but at present, okw can only pump sturms and volks and pray LEIG can actually do something. Unless you rush luchs and stop them from building emplacements in the first place itself. But that fortification uk commander allows IS to build...so yeah. Bofor will hit the field first.

I disagree, even without the schreks you can take the emplacements pretty easily. You just have to let them not build it
5 Mar 2016, 20:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2016, 19:55 PMClick

Medic truck does have a counter aka LEIG but then again, 2 mortar emplacement can take out LEIG without vets (Bcos of the range). I know, that if you vet them up (LEIG), they will eat emplacements for fun but early on it is a struggle.

Not to sound rude but why should the leig beat a more expensive, static emplacement?

Build two leigs, don't clump them together and you will then win.
5 Mar 2016, 20:08 PM

I'd like to know what Brit player you're fighting that can afford two mortar pits, a Bofors, and a fighting force capable of screening for them.

You fucked up bad if you're dealing with three emplacements from one guy.
5 Mar 2016, 20:10 PM

I'd like to know what Brit player you're fighting that can afford two mortar pits, a Bofors, and a fighting force capable of screening for them.

I played a 2v2 and made three emplacements on one VP. Two mortar and a bofors.

They just ignored it the whole game and left me with half an army tied up doing nothing.
5 Mar 2016, 20:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2016, 20:01 PMGrim

Not to sound rude but why should the leig beat a more expensive, static emplacement?

It is not about more or less expensive unit. That logic does not work in COH2. LEIG is very weak and 2 means you are investing 660 manpower. Now without MGs, I cannot guard them unless I keep some good infantry around them which means I am restricting my movement. OKW lacks suppression and going LEIG without setting up the flak truck is a suicidal for me. But then again, the truck cost 120 fuels and medic cost 40 fuels. So it will take time. IS can beat volks any day.

Luchs will hit the field early if your opponent didn't went sim city commander and can stop them from building emplacements but now IS can get bofor up very quickly.
5 Mar 2016, 20:14 PM

In a team game, it will happen. Esp 3v3 and 4v4. I have played enough of these two to understand the pain of axis. It is counter-able but you have to follow certain steps and that limits the game style.
5 Mar 2016, 21:26 PM

And before screaming even more that something is free on allied side, let me remind you that both axis armies have NOT A SINGLE SIDE UPGRADE TO MANAGE THEIR ECONOMY AS EVERY SINGLE ALLIED ARMY.

Yes yes, know already u are allied fanboi...so that covered. USF&UKF don't need to "build" tech buildings and they don't need to tech & build. Side upgrades don't cost that much (weaponrack/grenade, not talking about bofor/aec) and sometimes u don't even need them.

The point is of counter barrage, it's free, u don't have to micro, wait cooldowns. Click&forget, so easy to use. Compared to other side if u know your opponent has it, when ever u even try to use indirect you will get pounded by 1-2 shots of artillery very fast. RNG being the name of this game, u might get insta wiped when u autofire by mistake on some unit that come to range and 25pounder insta wipe your unit ---> because RNG. It's micro heavy to other side and non-micro for other side.

Just make it have cooldown/cost something and it's much more balanced. The point is that with cancer pits & counter barrage ---> useless to even try to use any indirect for opponent.

OKW don't have side tech, but they need to build truck --> build base
OST upgrade tier --> building costs.

USF --> free squads for teching (Cover the cost of side tech). No need for building.
UKF --> free from building & get all units open faster. Allied mirror of Ostheer with alot of more extra abilities than any other faction.
Soviet --> no tier teching, but buildings stop from going straight to max tier.

ps. Just pointless to try saying side tech cost too much, because u upgrade them if you need them, not like you have to get them.

pss. So get Katitof fanboyism to full speed, axis don't have OP OP weapon racks...
5 Mar 2016, 21:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2016, 20:12 PMClick

It is not about more or less expensive unit.

Unless we are talking about counters I.e a 320MP AT gun countering a 125 fuel tank etc then it is ENTIRELY ABOUT COST.

Two units with the same roles, the guy who pays more....wins.

400mp vs 330mp emplacement wins
660mp vs 400mp Leigs win.
5 Mar 2016, 21:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2016, 21:28 PMGrim

Unless we are talking about counters I.e a 320MP AT gun countering a 125 fuel tank etc then it is ENTIRELY ABOUT COST.

Two units with the same roles, the guy who pays more....wins.

400mp vs 330mp emplacement wins
660mp vs 400mp Leigs win.

Two units with the same role eh?

Alright, without getting into much details and derailing this thread- 440 manpower falls can't win vs 360 manpower shocks. Same roles and a unit that cost more is losing. It is just one off example....this game is full of units that cost more and can get owned by "same role unit" that cost less.
5 Mar 2016, 21:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2016, 21:34 PMClick

Alright, without getting into much details and derailing this thread- 440 manpower falls can't win vs 360 manpower shocks. Same roles and a unit that cost more is losing. It is just one off example....this game is full of units that cost more and can get owned by "same role unit" that cost less.

Shocks <-> Falls aren't each other mirrors...fallschirmjägers anyway deal alot of dps on all ranges. Shocks only kill if they get close to somebody.

Fallschirmjägers -> Commandos much closer to mirrors.

ps. And you shouldn't think in this game of terms that this unit is mirror of this unit. Everything works little bit differently and worse in situations where the other is better...
5 Mar 2016, 21:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2016, 21:41 PMThamor

Shocks <-> Falls aren't each other mirrors...fallschirmjägers anyway deal alot of dps on all ranges. Shocks only kill if they get close to somebody.

Fallschirmjägers -> Commandos much closer to mirrors.

You can compare it any way you want. We can throw in obers too. Point was, game does not calculate the efficiency of a unit on its cost. Anyway, I think I am derailing this thread. Back on topic, I know emplacements can be countered but it is sort of pain for okw early game. It is not impossible but the commander gives IS ability to build bofors and other emplacements which can cause pain to okw early on. Late game, emplacements are joke.
5 Mar 2016, 21:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2016, 21:26 PMThamor

OKW don't have side tech, but they need to build truck --> build base = time + cost.

so difficult and so time consuming to bulid truck i cant even imagine how its even posible to get flak truck before 8 minute :luvDerp:
5 Mar 2016, 22:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2016, 21:45 PMClick

You can compare it any way you want. We can throw in obers too. Point was, game does not calculate the efficiency of a unit on its cost. Anyway, I think I am derailing this thread. Back on topic, I know emplacements can be countered but it is sort of pain for okw early game. It is not impossible but the commander gives IS ability to build bofors and other emplacements which can cause pain to okw early on. Late game, emplacements are joke.

On topic my point still is that counter barrage is just too free&powerful on this commander. Not like it can't be in the commander it just needs balancing which will be in like 3 months from now that lelic understand why people rage here about it :)

In the end my main point is that in a game that everything should cost something. A free powerful ability is very bad game balance choice.

5 Mar 2016, 22:04 PM

so difficult and so time consuming to bulid truck i cant even imagine how its even posible to get flak truck before 8 minute :luvDerp:

Yeah, but was answering about the Katitof major points on side tech for allies...
5 Mar 2016, 22:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2016, 22:03 PMThamor

On topic my point still is that counter barrage is just too free&powerful on this commander. Not like it can't be in the commander it just needs balancing which will be in like 3 months from now that lelic understand why people rage here about it :)

In the end my main point is that in a game that everything should cost something. A free powerful ability is very bad game balance choice.

many things are free like tier4 flak or captain so why dont artilery ? And yes there is counter for that artilery u must just destroy that 25 pounder bulding :romeoMug:
5 Mar 2016, 22:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2016, 21:34 PMClick

thats a terrible comparison. I compared to long range, indirect units.

You compare a short range unit vs a long range infiltration unit......
5 Mar 2016, 23:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2016, 20:01 PMGrim

Tried this recently in 2v2 vs HelpingHans and VonIvan. While we didn't expect to win, we did expect 3 Leigs to take out 1 reinforced bofors.

In 9 minutes of constant firing they did not.

Then Hans got a mortar up so we tried to kill that. 3 Leigs could not do it.

Emplacements make the game static and boring. The new emplacement commander exacerbates that.

Oh and counter-barrage. Wtf... Got a leig to counter emplacements? Goodbye Leig.
6 Mar 2016, 08:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2016, 23:48 PMGdot
Its pretty damn hard to go up against counter battery. What gives?! Its like they wanted this newly released ($3.99) commander to be better than the rest!

THis game has been whored out p2w bois.

+1
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight