Login

russian armor

HMG Bulletins - Most Effective?

2 Mar 2016, 18:02 PM

Which ones get you the most bang for your buck? There are lots to choose from and would you choose differently depending on on the HMG in question?

List of HMG Bulletins that come to mind.

1. Accuracy +3%
2. Reload +10% Faster
3. Fires 4% Faster
4. Exp Gain +10%
5. Suppression +5%
2 Mar 2016, 18:23 PM

Accuracy always. makes you do more damage.
2 Mar 2016, 18:26 PM

Actually rate of fire is best for MGs.

Rate of fire increases suppresion by 4% AND dps by 4%.

Meanwhile accuracy only and reload only buffs DPS, suppresion isint really useful since MGs pretty much instasupress now.
3 Mar 2016, 03:50 AM

I believe it may depend on the mg in question, and how you use it. I've tried them all in various combinations.

+Rate of fire is good, but once a squad is suppressed they take less damage. Accuracy will allow you to do damage for longer as the target does not get suppressed quite as fast. Also I believe you won't reload as often, which takes time.

If you have mg42 with camo, I would take rate of fire, as you already get an accuracy boost shooting out of a hidden position. If not using camo, consider the green +3% accuracy as an alternative.

Then again, for very narrow cone mgs, like the Maxim, having additional suppression is very useful, to keep squads where you want them.

The rare +10 reload affects the setup time of the mg, as well as how fast the mg repositions from window to window in a building. I feel this bulletin really adds flexibility to how you can use the mg. Some mgs like the 50 cal I bring along with my inf in the field to fight, so having the mg set up faster is vital. It will also affect how fast any special ammo you use takes affect, like incendiary rounds.

I try to mix the bulletins and not use more than 1 of a type, as I believe soon bulletins will no longer stack and I'm looking for the best combo.

Right now as Soviet I take accuracy, suppression, and rate of fire. As USA I take rare reload, sometimes accuracy but not usually. I use the 50 cal very different from how I use the other mgs as I described. With the mg42 I take no bulletins, unless I have a commander with camo, in which case I will take 1 bulletin, usually rate of fire or accuracy. The mg34 is terrible so no bulletins. The Vickers is monstrous but I don't have many bulletins there, so I just use accuracy.

Joseph
3 Mar 2016, 05:46 AM

I find the 10% reload on Vickers feels best.
3 Mar 2016, 06:34 AM

Which ones get you the most bang for your buck? There are lots to choose from and would you choose differently depending on on the HMG in question?

List of HMG Bulletins that come to mind.

1. Accuracy +3%
2. Reload +10% Faster
3. Fires 4% Faster
4. Exp Gain +10%
5. Suppression +5%

Accuracy gives +3 damage, veterancy, etc, etc. Rate of fire is almost as good. When playing Soviet, I use both accuracy and rate. Suppression isn't as helpful because people retreat a little faster and take less damage.
3 Mar 2016, 07:51 AM

I'd go for accuracy and reload faster
3 Mar 2016, 09:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2016, 18:26 PMBurts
Actually rate of fire is best for MGs.

Rate of fire increases suppresion by 4% AND dps by 4%.

Meanwhile accuracy only and reload only buffs DPS, suppresion isint really useful since MGs pretty much instasupress now.

which is why u don't want more suppression (rate of fire) for ur maxim/mg42s, cause they arleady have good enough suppression. however. u can't compare the reload and accuracy bulletins as reload bulletins have the least outcome.
3 Mar 2016, 13:10 PM

Thought I had all the Vickers bulletins but have never seen a vet, rate of fire or suppression one... Would love a suppression one!

I always use triple bulletins for the Vickers and either 2x acc + 10% reload or 2 x reload plus acc.

Didn't know reload helped with setup time though so might even go triple reload until the warspoils changes take place...
3 Mar 2016, 14:54 PM

Do HMGs reload every time they reposition either from window to window or outside? There isn't an animation and I'd always assumed set-up time was a completely separate value (but I'm not Cruzz)

I'm thinking Reload might be best for MG42 since it has the longest reload time (and for Incendiary Rounds goodness). Vickers can probably benefit from Reload too since its suppression is garbage and you often need that quick reload for better blob control. I'm assuming otherwise RoF and Accuracy are best for pure DPS increase (though I have no idea how you would run that math)

Oh and @Spinflight I checked and Vickers doesn't get a RoF, Suppression, or Vet Bulletin. Which I don't understand personally since Relic pretty much copy/pasted all the old bulletins from the Vanilla factions for all the core units.
3 Mar 2016, 15:01 PM

That's an important omission...
4 Mar 2016, 00:21 AM

+9% accuracy. (3% stacked 3 times)

Basically allows your MG's to be portale sniping machines, especially vs garrisoned units. Kinda OP imo.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★