Login

russian armor

Advice for Brits (2v2)

2 Mar 2016, 12:07 PM

I feel like the very early game (up to 5-7 mins, before AEC) But the Luchs is a tough one (usually comes at 7-8 mins) when there's already multiple schrecks on the field, very hard to counter with AEC unless the OKW player just overvalues it and sends it to parts of the map unsupported. And without the AEC you have very limited AT options, AT guns are not so effective because you don't have snares. This is why I feel that double Brits might be the weakest allied combination atm.

Piats are very good if they hit but they basically never do if you let them autofire. You have to micro with attack ground all the time and most of the time you just don't have enough time for that.

At this point, 12-15 mins and up I usually just end up floating a shit ton of MP as the Brits, because I don't want to spam infantry sections since they don't do much good vs jaeger light inf or LMG grens anyways. I also don't want to spam MGs, because they will just bleed a shit ton of MP due to ISGs/mortars.

Upgrading weapons for infantry sections helps, but it delays the tanks even further. Same goes for grenades - they are necessary but can't really afford it - I need to get tanks out ASAP. I always feel like the axis players can field their tanks a lot quicker and usually I just end up with an emergency solution Cromwell - which isn't that great even against a P4. It's good for it's cost though, perhaps even superior to the P4 but there's always 2-3 schrecked volks around and the occasional raketen.

Emplacements? They are nice, kind of, but they delay your tech a lot and are very easily countered by decent players. And I really hate the Sim City playstyle so usually I get max 1-2 emplacements just for support if I can afford it. Also on many 2v2 maps there's a lot of shot/sight blockers for AT guns, which makes the Brits' mid game especially challenging.

Would it be better to go relatively heavy on the MGs early game, like 2-3 to gain as much map advantage as posisble? Then get an AEC, maybe an ATG out ASAP for the Luchs.

Oh, and btw I just use the standard commanders and I'm not gonna buy the DLC ones.

This isn't also one of those "faction X OP/UP plx nerf/buff", I honestly can say that I sucks playing the brits and i'm just asking for tips :foreveralone:

Thanks in advance!
2 Mar 2016, 12:18 PM

1) go to the strategy section to get advice
2)you cant use AEC because of shreks, you cant use mg because of isg/mortar, you cant use inf because of luchs, you cant use inf again because of jägerlight or lmg grens. seems like the enemy has double or triple the size of your army?
3) why dont you use sniper to bleed them?
4) oh they even got raketens dayum
2 Mar 2016, 12:20 PM

I find MP float as a Brits a huge problem.
Someone could ask how floating MP is a problem.
Well, yes, it is becasue when I reach moment around 8-12min, I have already 3 IS, 1 Vickers, 1 RE, 6 Pounder and Sniper. Good core army, but here is the problem, I don't have anything to spend MP at this time. More IS? I don't need them. More RE? Why should I? Second sniper? Meh. At this moment Relic wants me to go for Mortar Pit or Bofors. In other words, Relic forces me to go for emplacement but I often find them pointless so I end up with turtling MP which I can't spend on mobile mortar or non-doc elite infantry.

The best way I've found to utilize MP is to gor for fifth man upgrade.
2 Mar 2016, 12:26 PM

Feel free to move this to the UKF strategy section
2 Mar 2016, 12:29 PM

1) go to the strategy section to get advice
2)you cant use AEC because of shreks, you cant use mg because of isg/mortar, you cant use inf because of luchs, you cant use inf again because of jägerlight or lmg grens. seems like the enemy has double or triple the size of your army?
3) why dont you use sniper to bleed them?
4) oh they even got raketens dayum

What was the point of your post? If you don't have anything substantial to say, don't say anything.

I do use the sniper from time to time.

2 Mar 2016, 12:32 PM
Patrion 310

Are we talking 2v2 randoms or 2v2 AT?
2 Mar 2016, 12:41 PM

Are we talking 2v2 randoms or 2v2 AT?

I play 2v2 randoms occasionally to get a proper grasp of the brits faction, I just bought it recently. I play some 2v2 AT with my friend but he's still learning the game. I think in 2v2 randoms you don't have much of a choice but to see what your partner is doing and react to it if needed. I'm just looking for some general tips.
2 Mar 2016, 13:01 PM

I can't give you proper advice about 2vs2 (I mostly play larger teamgames with friends, and I'm quite good at it. I also recently started playing 1vs1). What I can do, however, is ask you some questions which may help you localize your problem.

1. Which commanders are you usually going for, and what guides your choice?
- I'm asking because Brits have gaping holes in their army composition.
- Your build order should complement whichever doctrinal choice you make (e.g., early UC for FREE RECON, little need for Mortar Pit if Commandos etc)

2. That MP float. Do you think this is caused because of lack of options for aggressive play?
- Is this because you have trouble grabbing/locking down territory?
- Or is this because you lack the options to do aggressive play (thus, trading will be cost-inefficient)

3. When playing against OST/OKW. Do you feel overwhelmed by infantry?
- No, because you use Brens? (in which case are they really worth it?)
- Yes. You might want to consider using 2 Vickers; 1 covers a chokepoint, the other you use as a poor-man's-maxim to support your offensive.

4. I see That you are building 3 Tommies.
- Don't you think that suck at aggressive play? In this case you might be better off with 1-2 Tommies 2-3 RE's (or Commandos)
- 3 Tommies can work in an 1vs1 (where you lack access to proper healing)
- More than 2 Tommies is an absolute waste in 3vs3/4vs4

5. How do you spend your munitions?
- Are you buying Brens for Tommies? If yes, do you really find that you get your MU worth of return in investment? (Brits have some quite strong offmaps)
- Are you spamming enough gammon bombs with commandos?
- Do you think PIATs would help your Cromwell fight it out with PIVs? (you only buy PIATs when you need them)

6. Most importantly: what do you consider the most fun aspect of playing with as UKF?
- Challenging early game?
- Versatile tank play?
- AT-sniper?
2 Mar 2016, 13:15 PM
Patrion 310

Don't have time to write a longer reply right now, but I've been testing building a UC as a first unit regardless of commander choice. It helps a lot against a fast Kubel and combined with an IS will win you pretty much any first engagement (assuming its equal). If you come across an MG42 you can usually just sit infront of it and snipe its gunner, though you need to be careful incase of penetrations vs it. After the first few engagements it becomes less and less useful however if the enemy is building camping, wasp upgrade is really handy.

After that I would tend to try to secure at least 1 VP and the fuel with a vickers and mortar (map dependent) and branch out from there. I don't usually get 5 man or weapon upgrades until a lot later, instead focusing on getting a quick Cromwell or two out. I will build probably 1 AT gun to hold off any light vehicle rushes. If you are floating MP then build a fuel cache or two.
WHO
2 Mar 2016, 14:55 PM

I find MP float as a Brits a huge problem.

Don't forget about Caches, trenches, and forward assembly with retreat (if the map is large enough). A command bren carrier with free recon is huge too. I recently played a 2v2 where a guy went air landing officer AND built commandos. He'd draw fire with a section squad, then used an LOS hidden air landing officer's sprint ability plus the other commandos to sprint into close range and butcher my guys. (we won b/c they didn't capitalize on this, but it shredded me at the time)

You mentioned about bofors/mortar pits (don't forget they get HUGE buffs from the command vehicle and forward assembly).... I mean, the thing is, that's kind of the core design of Brits IMO. Emplacements into superior armor I feel is the faction design. I would think if you are wanting a more mobile army you'd go USF.

2 Mar 2016, 14:57 PM

Tommie's in cover plus brens are amazing. Sniper is OP vs OKW, commando ambush at capture points, Cromwell crush. The way to go.

Vs ostheer, get mortar pits. One each close enough to cover each other and lock down half the map. I think 2v2 Brits is one of the strongest actually.
2 Mar 2016, 14:58 PM

Thanks for the tips everyone, need to keep learning :megusta:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight