Login

russian armor

What do you think Relic should do?

2 Mar 2016, 22:05 PM

I believe balance is key to a quality product, especially for a 3 year old game.
3 Mar 2016, 11:42 AM

Balance may be the key, but they cant stop producing new content. It's a business, they can't balance for free at this point. A game that 3 yrs old is no longer really making any revenue off sales. They rely on DLC/Skins,etc to make any sort of cash flow...

If anything SEGA needs to throw them a bone so they can hire a proper balancing team otherwise they're going to run into all the same problems with Coh3, Dawn of War 3.. or any RTS game they develop in the future.
3 Mar 2016, 12:42 PM

They will never realy balance this game. They wouldn´t sell enough commanders.

Imo they will get coh2 into the f2p-market, with ingamestore and ingame currency they are ready for that. A bit later release coh3 or dow3...
3 Mar 2016, 12:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2016, 11:42 AMKharn
Balance may be the key, but they cant stop producing new content. It's a business, they can't balance for free at this point. A game that 3 yrs old is no longer really making any revenue off sales. They rely on DLC/Skins,etc to make any sort of cash flow...

There is the argument that improving balance, even if it not a profitable endeavor in the short term, is good for the company's reputation and will improve sales of future titles. That said it's pretty clear that whoever is in charge of Relic doesn't take that view.

We should accept that most players don't notice/care about balance at this point. We are a small and vocal minority; most others who bought the game are happy enjoying campaign, comp stomps, or have long since moved on to this month's new popular game. On top of that, as bad as CoH2 is in some ways, when CoH3 comes out, I guarantee we'll all buy it eventually (albeit perhaps on sale rather than on release).

Anyway it's a lost cause trying to get the balance near-perfect, that would require a major redesign of the factions and some core mechanics. Personally I think the best course of action at this point would be to fund a big push to fix the major balance and technical issues, thus restoring the reputation of the IP. From there, fund a small group of designers to work closely with the community to develop new commanders and occasionally tweak any balance issues their introduction may create.

For CoH3 cut away the shit DLC commander system, and take time to learn from the successes and failures of CoH2. Don't do what happened with the UKF and take all the annoying aspects of Brits from CoH1.
3 Mar 2016, 13:14 PM

Hire a different team and work on coh3.
Coh2 has too many issues. The code is horrible and keeps getting riddled with new bugs; . P2W commanders are too deeply rooted into the game and power-creep had made half of the content of the game useless. The desire to make each faction as different from one-another as possible had created factions that lack basic features such as infantry based, anti-garrison tools, or artillery. These roles then have to be forfilled with doctrinal units. These doctrinal units are of course only found in 4 euro premium commanders.

Best to just abandon ship and start fresh. You will never be able to build an excellent game on such a broken foundation.
3 Mar 2016, 13:16 PM

People are now just realizing this game is broken and has been broken since launch. It only took 3 years, gj community.

IGN - 8/10
Neo
3 Mar 2016, 14:08 PM

Please don't take this as a personal attack but this is a stupid poll and a stupid premise for one.

Relic's job is not to make the CoH2 the best game it can be - their mission is to optimise the revenue & cost balance by releasing enough paid content to pay for the minimum amount of ongoing support capable of sustaining the game at a playable level.

Of course a poll on this forum will always result in the majority of people wanting a focus on balance and improvements. Unfortunately, the reality is that this will never happen.

The level of testing for recent patches and overall patching speed/volume suggests to me that the CoH2 team is a residual skeleton crew.

I am slowly resigning myself to the fact that CoH2 will never be the game it could have been - any time we get close to balance, they (have to) release new paid content, which instantly throws the game out of balance again.

All we can hope for is some prudent bug fixes and a more restrained approach to making new content appealing... so far, even that seems a long way off.
nee
3 Mar 2016, 14:15 PM

Ambivalent. No one hates the idea of new factions, maps, commanders and so forth, but I'd think most people would want them done well, and not churned half-heartedly produced for profit. I'd rather shell out money on small number of fleshed out DLC rather than a large amount of them that are clearly rushed and done by interns.

For perspective, the MWNL skins were free, now they are selling them. And I don't mean new versions like UKF (there are none), but the ones they already gave away for free. Not only selling, but at full price. You'd think something like adding blood spatter on default skins would at least be appealing through half price or something.
3 Mar 2016, 14:18 PM

I hope GabeN buy all Company of Heroes franchise (:
3 Mar 2016, 14:23 PM

Yes, we definitely would enjoy hats DLCs with actual content upgrades every X years :snfBarton:
3 Mar 2016, 14:25 PM

Then CoH3 will never be released.
3 Mar 2016, 14:27 PM

But we might have rare grenadier skins and sell them on steam $$ :)
3 Mar 2016, 14:27 PM

but It'll be scheduled for "soon" after HL3 :snfPeter:
3 Mar 2016, 16:46 PM

Change the new brit commander's beard.

Ok, I got that from another thread.

It sounded very reasonable at the time I read it.
3 Mar 2016, 17:42 PM

The game is 3 y.o. Last patches were shockingly bad. I don't know if even a reasonably balanced, bug-free CoH2 experience will ever be reached. At this point, I'm giving up on optimization.

The only redeeming thing happening is the fact that playerbase actually grew a little on the last few months (refer to Steam Charts). Still, right now I'm spending my gaming time hoarding septims on Skyrim.
5 Mar 2016, 23:54 PM

Yeah, I guess the reason would be due to the quality of the CoH2 product.
6 Mar 2016, 00:15 AM

6 Mar 2016, 00:19 AM

Optimize

Rewrite from scratch would describe it better.
6 Mar 2016, 04:33 AM

Rewrite from scratch would describe it better.

Exactly that my friend
9 Mar 2016, 06:56 AM

Will Relic take into consideration that the community wants balance more than anything per the poll?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★