Login

russian armor

how to counter brittish vickers & earlly armored car (1v1)

28 Feb 2016, 23:04 PM

Hi,

like the toppic says i got problems to counter brittish forces, if they play very aggressiv in beginning. mostly in maps"like raod to kharkow or langreyskaya. its nearly imposible to counter vickers in a house and armored car after 6min at same time, i guess. how did u save fuel and cut off??what us ur building order against aggrassiv brittish forces?and what is more important, caping points or block buildings near fuel/cut of?doing both same time doesnt work,becouse u have to hury to get the fuel and ammo wich is needed to fight against the armored car

sry for my english, hope u can imagine my problems, wiothout writing every detail ;_)

thx for answers
29 Feb 2016, 03:28 AM

That Vickers and Wasp is quite a pain to deal with, agreed.
Are you playing 1v1 or team games?

Either way, Volks/Gren should be an effective counter with the Panzerfaust.
It should be available right away for both, and costs a fraction of a vickers or Wasp does.
2 Mar 2016, 04:59 AM

If you are facing this in the super early game just cap elsewhere that the MG isn't or alternatively go for his cut-off. If this is after you have teched T2 then I have found the 222 does a nice job of clearing houses with MGs in them. Mortars and flames are decent for clearing houses but don't use nades. Garrisoned units and units behind green cover take 50% damage from nades. Mortars are the same deal but you don't have to pay the munitions fee so they are alright. Flames will take out an MG in green cover or a house fastest because it does an extra 25% to units in that cover type.

If you would like a more detailed answer just throw in a replay where your opponent has used an aggressive MG effectively.
8 Mar 2016, 15:47 PM

okay, sry for ölate ansering i was away by job...
where i have to piost the replay? here or in the extra "replay" zone?
8 Mar 2016, 15:48 PM

That Vickers and Wasp is quite a pain to deal with, agreed.
Are you playing 1v1 or team games?

Either way, Volks/Gren should be an effective counter with the Panzerfaust.
It should be available right away for both, and costs a fraction of a vickers or Wasp does.

i play 1v1 and iam not talking about vickers/wasp, i tallk about vickers/armiored car....
8 Mar 2016, 21:54 PM

okay, sry for ölate ansering i was away by job...
where i have to piost the replay? here or in the extra "replay" zone?

Either one.
8 Mar 2016, 22:16 PM

You can counter Vickers in garrisons with grenades of various types. The Vickers will kill a couple of models and suppress the squad but it cans till crawl within grenade range, which with flame or infiltration grenades equals a dead Vickers.

Flame halftracks, flame equipped pios, mortars, ISG and a sniper are other options.

Your best counter to the AEC is not to over-extend. Protect your most important territory but don't leave lone squads out of position for it to target and chase back on the retreat. The AEC can be dominant for a few minutes before you get AT out, so just minimise your losses and faust and shreck it to death if he over extends himself.
8 Mar 2016, 22:26 PM

Ostheer sniper can still be used vs Vickers in house, but you must never engage on red cover, micro well and you can wither the vickers from house. Early game vickers don't have that extra range in house, so you can kite kill them from garrison.

Other choice for really early to get vickers out is mortar. Later upgrade with your first 60 ammo flamer then smoke & flame them out. Easy build vs early Brits is 1gren,1engi,1mg,1sniper & mortar. You have everything there that u need. Use sniper&mg&mortar as counters to brit forces, pios & grens capping.

Why I like with ostheer is first focus on fast ammunition, because u need so much ammunition with ostheer (Medic bunker, mines, flamer, lmg's,shrecks etc.)
8 Mar 2016, 23:01 PM

"Why I like with ostheer is first focus on fast ammunition, because u need so much ammunition with ostheer (Medic bunker, mines, flamer, lmg's,shrecks etc.)"

Cheers for the tip, my UC will be awaiting at your munitions point forthwith! :)
9 Mar 2016, 02:30 AM

"Why I like with ostheer is first focus on fast ammunition, because u need so much ammunition with ostheer (Medic bunker, mines, flamer, lmg's,shrecks etc.)"

Cheers for the tip, my UC will be awaiting at your munitions point forthwith! :)

You are welcome there ^^
9 Mar 2016, 17:49 PM

For the armoured car, I find you can often counter this by using your first 50-100 munis on teller mines. Works very well on maps like Road to Kharhov that have roads going through natural chokepoints, which the AEC will probably use. Teller mines 1-shot the AEC, and usually the Brit player will be very aggressive with the AEC when he gets it and won't have Engis with sweepers. If you get the kill with it, it means the Brit player has spent like 75 fuel (tech cost + the AEC) for literally nothing.
11 May 2016, 07:47 AM

As a predominantly British player the first things I work to counter are the quick 222 (through AEC) and sniper, both of which are terribly effective against the unprepared Brit. Particularly for houses, mortars aren't that much of a threat usually because the mortar pit should come up soon and outclass it, but snipers can be a pain. Not many OST players I run into micro that well with them, though, I'd suggest watching high ranked players use them to get an idea of how that goes; one of the defining characteristics of a UKF/OST match up is the sniper trade which can set the tone for the mid game. So do try to win that.

As far as countering the aec, it's role (so far as I see it) is pretty limited to discouraging circle-strafing at guns and dealing with either axis factions early light vehicles (the luchs is a particularly nasty partner without AEC). The UKF player should be playing it pretty conservatively for fear of your panzerfaust, which can turn the tables on it quite quickly if it overextends.

In finishing, the role of the vickers garrison is the same as any mg garrison: to restrict map control. Avoid it and look for cut offs until you tech up and get to a position to kill it, but this will seldom be through direct confrontation (this is one reason sniper is good, it's useful anywhere, not just anti-garrison). Same for the AEC, it's not that great at killing infantry when they're spread out, so avoid it and punish over-extension.

As a side note, I've found that the standard progression of any UKF player must be to the AEC for the reasons I've outlined, following current OST meta should yield a fairly balanced game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★