Login

russian armor

Is SimCity a boring game mechanic to play against?

Is Sim City a boring game mechanic to play against?
Option Distribution Votes
70%
28%
2%
Total votes: 140
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
28 Feb 2016, 18:11 PM

The new advanced emplacements doctrine (a.k.a. Sim City doctrine) has the potential to completely change the objective of the game from strategic tactical infantry and tank play, into a slugfest of lobbing artillery back and forth over hedges and buildings like an ugly game of tennis. My question is not whether or not there is a potential counter to a buildup of emplacements, nor is it whether you can be successful at destroying sim city, but more specifically; Does countering this game mechanic feel like a chore, instead of fun (an interesting challenge)?
28 Feb 2016, 18:24 PM

Poll is ignoring OKW simcity.

Otherwise, I find it satisfying to crush someones sim-city. So I voted no.
28 Feb 2016, 18:25 PM

1. Scout with infantry (infantry that can camouflage is good for this).
2. Edge AT guns / tanks to firing range.
3. Support them with infantry.
5. Additionally use indirect fire.
4. Profit.
28 Feb 2016, 18:36 PM

In 2v2 + it requires teamwork to take it down and usually the team is unable to cooperate to do that so it's impossible to destroy. I personally find it boring.
28 Feb 2016, 19:04 PM

OKW buildings are nothing like British buildings. I personally don't mind British sim city but its just the new doctrine that has improve defense aswell as 1 button counter barrages
28 Feb 2016, 19:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 19:04 PMAlphrum

OKW buildings are nothing like British buildings. I personally don't mind British sim city but its just the new doctrine that has improve defense aswell as 1 button counter barrages

It's simcity nontheless. A medic truck with an leig next to it, a panzerhq next to it with a Pak43 covering it; it's very hard to break. Also it doesn't cost nearly as much supply as UKF simcity so you can still have units to cap the rest of the map.
28 Feb 2016, 19:31 PM

Jesus dude, OKW sim city is no where compared to British sim city. Complete difference. Only 1 building attackes. The rest are valuable tier buildings. Most players do not put 2 of the 3 anywhere near the front line. Try harder please. You look silly
28 Feb 2016, 19:32 PM

If Axis get a doctrine like urban assault it will discourage more this kind of play stile in the same way it does commando regiment with air suppremacy
28 Feb 2016, 19:33 PM

It's simcity nontheless. A medic truck with an leig next to it, a panzerhq next to it with a Pak43 covering it; it's very hard to break. Also it doesn't cost nearly as much supply as UKF simcity so you can still have units to cap the rest of the map.

LOL no no no
28 Feb 2016, 19:34 PM

as long as its possible to crack sim cities (which it is) ill have no problem playing against it. its just another way to play, and im glad theres a variety of viable strategies.
28 Feb 2016, 19:41 PM

If brace is removed or nerfed, it would be completely fine. It's quite frustrating to see a well organized attack defeated by a single click of a button.
28 Feb 2016, 19:45 PM

28 Feb 2016, 19:52 PM

That's just like, your opinion man.
If you don't like it just make a mod or something lol
L2P
:brad::brad::brad:
28 Feb 2016, 20:07 PM

It is very very easy to counter. Sim city will give UK early advantage but later on emplacements are liability. Would have been great if sim city commander had a toggle ability that makes his resource drop to +5 and zero production, and gives his emplacement a health of 2 churchills/ something strong enough to hold against indirect fire. I mean not getting owned by two stuka strikes. Amazing that AVRE commander has auto repair but sim city commander doesn't. Right now sim city commander is the easiest UK commander to play against. I have absolutely no problem in countering his emplacements. I am more worried when I see croc commanders or commandos commander.
28 Feb 2016, 20:17 PM

If brace is removed or nerfed, it would be completely fine. It's quite frustrating to see a well organized attack defeated by a single click of a button.

If that single button click was all it was needed to defend against said attack, then sorry to disappoint you, it wasn't as well organized as you thought.

Well organized attack would first make opponent use that click of a button, wait 30 seconds and then roll over emplacement.
28 Feb 2016, 20:25 PM

In 2v2 + it requires teamwork to take it down and usually the team is unable to cooperate to do that so it's impossible to destroy. I personally find it boring.

+1

2v2 against brits was tricky befor, but now it's just a pain...but L2P i guess, as Brad would say
28 Feb 2016, 23:37 PM

Yes, and the fact that Relic thinks this kind of utterly skilless playstyle should be just as viable as any other only shows their continued incompetence in designing this game.
28 Feb 2016, 23:53 PM

Wow, if I would have read that before the respond in the other thread I would have not replied there.
You sir, are just biased. End of the story.
29 Feb 2016, 00:04 AM

Well I just played against bofors,mortar and forward emplacement(with repair dudes) its just disgusting and very hard to counter at 1v1s especially at shitty maps (you guys know which ones).

Paks,mortars,PANZERS,Railway Arty does nothing against them only you have to do wipe some squads and rush into base.

Im serious...
29 Feb 2016, 00:15 AM

That a lame poll, sim is as valid as anything else.

Thanks
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS