Login

russian armor

List of units missing from the game.

28 Feb 2016, 14:55 PM

Hello, so today after playing with the 2 new British commanders I noticed each Western Front Army now has 8 commanders each and they each now have a "Starter Commander pack" or whatever you want to call it, as well as the near end of the E-sports gaming tournament I'm lead to believe it's the end of the "5 year" plan for CoH 2 as well as the end of the Roadmap they showed us a couple of months ago before the release of the British.

So I'm guessing after the end of the tournament they'll just fix a few bugs, quite possibly add more mod support and be done with the game? I'm not worried or anything if we have have the tools to create new models but if we don't, I would like to make this list of units that to me are at least seemingly missing.

I'll start with the UKF:

Achilles Tank Destroyer - Based on the American M10 Tank Destroyer and modified with a British 17 pounder gun and radio, this tank would basically be a better but more expensive M10, I think it would provide a nice little counterpart to the 17 pounder emplacement and Firefly, where it's more mobile and cheaper than both but provides the same punch and of course, can't take much of a punishment compared to them.

Archer - Another tank destroyer with a fixed gun mount armed with a 17 pounder, I don't see much use in it if the Achilles is added but I decided to have it on the list anyways.

A bit nostalgic from the old game:

Kangaroo - there were 3 variants of this Armored Personal Carrier which saw wide service after it's first use by the Canadians, the "defrocked" M7 Priest variant which was the first one to be used and called "kangaroo" by the Canadians. The second version was an all-out Canadian one, the Ram Kangaroo, basically instead of the Rams lying around collecting dust they were put to use as Armored Personal Carriers as they were deemed too underpowered for frontline duty as tanks. The 3rd and final variant was that of the Churchill Kangaroo, slow but well armored, this kangaroo variant would basically be the most expensive out of the bunch.

25 pounder emplacement?

I was also going to list the Staghound and Cromwell Command Tank here but considering we already have their counterparts I decided against it.

USF:

M5 76mm Anti-Tank gun emplacement - It would basically be the American version of the 17 pounder and PaK 43.

M2 105mm Artillery gun - Static Artillery peice, I think it's missing for the USF, oddly enough I thought I saw such a camoed emplacement in the intro video of AA.

M18 Hellcat Tank Destroyer - One of the fastest if not the fastest tanks of the Western Allies, same gun as the M10, worse armor, small size, cheap. This is probably the culmination of the US Tank Destroyer doctrine, screaming hit and run tactics, this would probably be an even bigger nuisance than the M10 was.

Sherman Crocodile - Flamethrower version of the Sherman, an armored garrison destroyer, perfect for Urban combat where there are too much MGs, Mortars and Snipers around for infantry to fight buildings.

Sherman Jumbo - Perhaps a bit overlapping with the Pershing but it would be a cheaper than it and would just provide a target for the enemy to shoot at while your Tank Destroyers flank or shoot from the back.

90mm AA Gun - AA variant of the Jackson and Pershing guns, it would probably be easier for the USF to shoot down Axis aircraft than with the M15 alone.

Not really interested in Soviet units but eh:

SU-100 and 122 - Improved Armor and Guns, more expensive than the SU-85.

ISU-122 - A smaller tank and worse gun than the 152 but it would provide a tank of similar breakthrough sorts at a lesser cost.

ZiS-2 57mm gun - Cheaper than the ZiS-3, this is a dedicated Anti-Tank gun with better penetration and longer barrel, no field Artillery Abilities.

T-26 and B-7 light tanks - Soviet Light Tanks- the T-26 is slower but better armored while the B-7 has a similar gun but wayyy faster performance because of it's engine and light armor, one shot and it's dead tho so be careful. I think there is a destroyed T-26 even present in the game.

BA-64 Armored Car - Soviet Armored Car, cheaper and worse than the German 222.

85mm Air-Defense Gun M1939 (52-K) - Basically the AA variant of the SU-85 and T34-85's guns, gives the Soviets better AA capabilities.

Wehrmacht:

Wespe SPG - A LeFH 18 105mm gun mounted on a Panzer II chassis making a small and powerful Self-propelled artillery peice being able to keep up with the main Panzer forces.

Jagdpanther - Cheaper counterpart to the OKW Jagdtiger and Elephant, it would provide the same performance as the Elephant's gun but it would be faster and as already mentioned, cheaper.

I won't mention Hetzer as it's already in game but yeah, a dedicated small, cheap and light tank destroyer wouldn't be too bad with it's actual gun.

Nebelwerfer? - Considering there's already the Panzerwerfer this would probably be a cheaper manned version.

FlaK 88 - You know it from the old game, best AA in the game, doubles as a 360 degree rotating Anti-Tank gun.

FlaK Verling - 40mm quad AA gun, perhaps the counter to the OKW's 2cm? It would also give the Wehr somewhat better AA capabilities against Allied Air forces.

OKW:

As already mentioned for the Wehrmacht, the 88.

Hummel and Nashorn - Since both are based on the same Panzer III/IV chassis I decided to include them in one spot, the Hummel is an SPG armed with a 150mm Artillery gun while the Nashorn is armed with the fearsome 88mm Anti-Tank gun. The Hummel would provide the OKW with mobile Artillery firepower while the Nashorn would provide them with cheaper Tank Destroyer means than just the Jagdpanzer and Jagdtiger as it would be armed wit a gun somewhere in between those 2 but be less armored than the Jagdpanzer, meaning 2 shots and it's out, if not for only 1 by the heavier Allied anti-tank weapons.

I'm thinking of updating this list if I think of anything else or someone would like to add something. Cheers.

28 Feb 2016, 15:11 PM

These are not units missing from the game, but your own personal wishlist... slight difference.
28 Feb 2016, 15:22 PM

Yeah and what about Space Marines, Battlewagons and Webway Gates? It's like Relic pay no attention to consistency across franchises.

Reric plz.
28 Feb 2016, 15:34 PM

ISU-122 - A smaller tank and worse gun than the 152 but it would provide a tank of similar breakthrough sorts at a lesser cost.

talking about historical aspects...this is wrong on all levels LUL
28 Feb 2016, 16:00 PM

talking about historical aspects...this is wrong on all levels LUL

Did I mention I'm not really interested in Soviet units? And yeah I understand you guys want a balanced and competitive game but what about those casuals that just want to play for the large scale and unit variety? These models will be needed especially if Relic doesn't gives us the option to import models.

Edit: So the Su-122 turns out to be a T-34 made into an assault gun with a 122mm howitzer, I apologise for my mistake there, but still, the SU-100 should be considered nevertheless.
28 Feb 2016, 17:06 PM

ISU-122 is ISU-152 with 122mm gun simular to IS-2 gun.
They put 122mm guns because they didnt have enough 152mm guns for all produced ISUs. 122mm gun was efficient after all :)

I think it isnt that hard to put 122mm IS-2 gun in ISU in-game. ISU-122 can be put in commanders with ISU-152. So player can choose between ISU-152(less penetration, more splash damage and accuracity against infantry units) and ISU-122(more penetration, less splash damage and accuracity against infantry units).

SU-122 is a SU-85 with 122mm howitzer gun. It was produced and used as planned.

SU-152 is 152mm gun on KV chassis, while ISU-152 has same gun on IS-2 chassis.

I'd like to see more armor units for USF too B-)
28 Feb 2016, 21:14 PM

A bit nostalgic from the old game:

Kangaroo

As a vCoH Axis veteran - Fuck you.
28 Feb 2016, 21:21 PM

As a vCoH Axis veteran - Fuck you.

Danke Kamarad, also very mature, I thought this attitude was destroyed along with the old forums, I guess not. Not to mention that Relic mostly brought everything over from the old game but I don't see anybody complaining about that, besides on the Steam forums.
28 Feb 2016, 21:23 PM

Danke Kamarad, also very mature, I thought this attitude was destroyed along with the old forums, I guess not. Not to mention that Relic mostly brought everything over from the old game but I don't see anybody complaining about that, besides on the Steam forums.

Naaah was just meant to be a joke, I was probably not clear enough, so sorry for that :wave:

I just don't want to see that Satans car EVERRR again.
28 Feb 2016, 21:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 15:11 PMKatitof
These are not units missing from the game, but your own personal wishlist... slight difference.
:thumb: :lol:

Though the Sherman Crocodile could be added without shitting on balance.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★