Login

russian armor

OKW Need Some better Anti-Blob Tools

PAGES (7)down
9 Mar 2016, 14:40 PM

It is a waste of resources as it is now yes. That doesn't change the fact that a 30 fuel price tag will mess up the timing completely, so it most likely will never happen. Therefor the buffs have to be something else.

I agree. So the solution should be to make it effective when used offensively, and more durable. Mobility (set up-time) and squishyness is what makes this difficult atm, so that's where the changes should be.

Set up time is one problem, maybe just have it fire while stopped but removing the setup time. However the issue with squishyness is related to the zook boost, not the vehicle stats itself. I've recently watched some vintage footage of the 20mm faptrack and it really is the ww2 equivalent of an Iraqi 'Technical', a pickup with a gun mounted in the bed. Even one zook in real life would waste it.

The range of the zook would need to be nerfed for a believable rectification. However I still do not see anyone buying a 55 fuel faptrack no matter what, the lynx is so much better and its right there. The fuel cost must be reduced.

Joseph
9 Mar 2016, 14:43 PM
Patrion 14

Has OP tried anything of the following;

Flame nades
Infiltration nades
Stuka
Luch
ST
Own blob
HMG34
LeiG
Obers
Flak HT
Retreating faster

I think OKW got the best blob counters apart from soviets who got demo charges.
9 Mar 2016, 14:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2016, 14:43 PMLooney

Flame nades
Infiltration nades
Stuka
Luch
ST
Own blob
HMG34
LeiG
Obers
Flak HT
Retreating faster

No he has not. He's a team game hero like me and expects volks blobs to win every engagement and that's why the 50% w/l ratio
9 Mar 2016, 14:52 PM

Ok,Why was sturmtiger Aoe ninja nerfed..??? its nerfed from 10 to 8..??? why

For the exactly same reason why AVRE was nerfed.

Back to your corner of tears now.
9 Mar 2016, 14:56 PM

For the exactly same reason why AVRE was nerfed.

Back to your corner of tears now.

lol at the end line so childish katty :p..
Anyways avre was ninja buffed for your lack of knowledge its did not killed infy at edges of its aoe and was buffed check cruzz's post.......and what another nerf that hp decrease...??? lol.
9 Mar 2016, 15:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2016, 14:43 PMLooney

Flame nades
Infiltration nades
Stuka
Luch
ST
Own blob
HMG34
LeiG
Obers
Flak HT
Retreating faster

I play OKW often and of what you mentioned only the Lynx and Obers are decent blob solutions and they come late to the party. The rest have their uses but not as a blob counter, the faptrack needs to be rethought to fulfill that role.
9 Mar 2016, 15:11 PM

I play OKW often and of what you mentioned only the Lynx and Obers are decent blob solutions and they come late to the party. The rest have their uses but not as a blob counter, the faptrack needs to be rethought to fulfill that role.

because you don't know how to use IR halftrack and stuka. and every other OKW unit it seems. QQ more. I play more OKW than you yet my % is a lot different too. I wonder why.
9 Mar 2016, 15:46 PM

Set up time is one problem, maybe just have it fire while stopped but removing the setup time. However the issue with squishyness is related to the zook boost, not the vehicle stats itself. I've recently watched some vintage footage of the 20mm faptrack and it really is the ww2 equivalent of an Iraqi 'Technical', a pickup with a gun mounted in the bed. Even one zook in real life would waste it.

The range of the zook would need to be nerfed for a believable rectification. However I still do not see anyone buying a 55 fuel faptrack no matter what, the lynx is so much better and its right there. The fuel cost must be reduced.

Joseph

Yeah, would be interesting to see if removing setup time would change anything. It's a bigger buff in many ways than one might think.

Still, reduced fuel cost will break timing and it's realisticly very unlikely that it happens.It would either require a shuffle of units in the tier buildings, which is very improbable, a system similar to the AEC (also very improbable), or a gun nerf which would result in an similary unbelievable rectification as a defensive stat buff, and I don't see that happening either. I'm not saying I don't want it to change, but I simply don't think it will happen due to the amount of changes that has to be implemented with it. A defensive stat boost, while looking ugly and unrealistic (as so many other things in this game) would be the easiest route to take, and is therefor more realistic to happen.
9 Mar 2016, 15:57 PM

because you don't know how to use IR halftrack and stuka. and every other OKW unit it seems. QQ more. I play more OKW than you yet my % is a lot different too. I wonder why.

Even a beginner has ears to hear the stuka fire, all you have to do is move and it misses. As blobs move it is not effective.
9 Mar 2016, 15:59 PM

Yeah, would be interesting to see if removing setup time would change anything. It's a bigger buff in many ways than one might think.

Still, reduced fuel cost will break timing and it's realisticly very unlikely that it happens.It would either require a shuffle of units in the tier buildings, which is very improbable, a system similar to the AEC (also very improbable), or a gun nerf which would result in an similary unbelievable rectification as a defensive stat buff, and I don't see that happening either. I'm not saying I don't want it to change, but I simply don't think it will happen due to the amount of changes that has to be implemented with it. A defensive stat boost, while looking ugly and unrealistic (as so many other things in this game) would be the easiest route to take, and is therefor more realistic to happen.

I believe when the veterancy bug is fixed the zook boost will no longer be needed and should be removed.

Joseph
9 Mar 2016, 16:00 PM

I believe when the veterancy bug is fixed the zook boost will no longer be needed and should be removed.

Joseph

I agree that it could be worth looking at.
9 Mar 2016, 16:18 PM

I agree that it could be worth looking at.

I expect Americans to be the strongest faction after the bug fix, but lets see what happens. It certainly will be chaotic for awhile.

Joseph
9 Mar 2016, 16:18 PM

Even a beginner has ears to hear the stuka fire, all you have to do is move and it misses. As blobs move it is not effective.

which shows your degree of how to use the weapon. you know the land, you know the layout and positioning. he gets no flares to judge the vicinity of where the strike will be. You expect people to just sit there for any type of artillery to just land on them? do you not use chokepoints and infantry to bait them? apparently, not. You just want more autofire weapons that will do your job for you. anyways, i will stop replying to you now. please QQ more that no other weapons are viable.
9 Mar 2016, 16:37 PM

which shows your degree of how to use the weapon. you know the land, you know the layout and positioning. he gets no flares to judge the vicinity of where the strike will be. You expect people to just sit there for any type of artillery to just land on them? do you not use chokepoints and infantry to bait them? apparently, not. You just want more autofire weapons that will do your job for you. anyways, i will stop replying to you now. please QQ more that no other weapons are viable.

No I do not expect him to sit there, I expect him to move as I said. However it is apparent you are not interested in a civil conversation, rather you want to be insulting and arrogant. You shame yourself.

Joseph
9 Mar 2016, 16:48 PM

No I do not expect him to sit there, I expect him to move as I said. However it is apparent you are not interested in a civil conversation, rather you want to be insulting and arrogant. You shame yourself.

Joseph

I'm sorry you shame yourself Mr. sub-par 50% wins in all factions. I suggest watching more replays and less QQ and more pew pew.
9 Mar 2016, 17:04 PM

There is a non-doctrinal suppression platform, but it's really fragile and not cheap: Flak Halftrak.

It even has a setup and teardown time like an MG does. Is it a good solution? Hell no, as 55 fuel is not a cheap investment for a 320hp unit, but it is an instant suppression unit.

if the enemy is blobbing infantry, he will have little time to micro something else, and the flak halftrack has huge range, attack ground and great vet bonuses. Its more than enough to stop blobs.

also, flame nades and many other things can wear them down.

okw players should cry less and try to diversify their strats.
9 Mar 2016, 17:54 PM
Donator 11

I'm sorry you shame yourself Mr. sub-par 50% wins in all factions. I suggest watching more replays and less QQ and more pew pew.

If you dont believe him then ill be the one to say it, stuka is not a reliable blob counter. Also it cripples your tech too much since allies can afford the blob and light vehicles to push okw off the map.

Whats that shitty 60% win rate you got there :snfPeter:
9 Mar 2016, 20:00 PM

Just buff the flak-track. Increase its AoE, make its vet range increase come earlier so its more lethal versus blobs and gains a touch of protection from A-moved zooks, but fix the A-Move setup bug and reduce the gun's turn rate a bit so its still in trouble if it gets flanked.
9 Mar 2016, 20:10 PM

Flak is really vulnerable to T-70's and AEC's, so watch out when there is potential to face those.
9 Mar 2016, 22:32 PM

If you dont believe him then ill be the one to say it, stuka is not a reliable blob counter. Also it cripples your tech too much since allies can afford the blob and light vehicles to push okw off the map.

Whats that shitty 60% win rate you got there :snfPeter:

yeah so shitty my Axis is still better than yours 75-80%.... mmmmmmm. Yeah push so hard that flak HQ emplacement equivalent. QQ less. Pew pew more.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS