Japanese faction

30 Apr 2016, 16:41 PM

(a balanced, well designed army)

Relic pls make it :) JPJPJPJPJPJP

Clearly you dont know much about relics business...:rofl:
30 Apr 2016, 16:42 PM
Donator 11

Makes sense.

I had always (wrongly) assumed that Relic would introduce other countries into the game as different commanders. e.g. Poland; Finland; France; Italy; Spain; Hungary; Romania etc It might have had the effect of encouraging their player base to expand more.

Well, the partisans in partisan commander are polish, they use some lines that make it pretty obvious in polish version of the game and to lesser extend in english version. I don't know about other language versions. They also use same lines and models as partisans in campaign and these are outright said to be polish Home Army soldiers. That's why soviets kill them at the end.
30 Apr 2016, 17:18 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Well, the partisans in partisan commander are polish, they use some lines that make it pretty obvious in polish version of the game and to lesser extend in english version.

I am aware of Anya in the campaign. But that is where she remained. I have to confess I was unaware the Partisan Commander and its acolytes were meant to be Polish. Can you expand on that one for me, please? I always assumed the partisans in automatch were meant to be Soviet citizens.

I don't know about other language versions. They also use same lines and models as partisans in campaign and these are outright said to be polish Home Army soldiers. That's why soviets kill them at the end.

Other than the Ostruppen, and Anya, I freely confess I was unaware of any other East European involvement in the main game.
30 Apr 2016, 17:42 PM

Your text..

Actually there will never be a good moment for adding a faction. If the game is imballanced most of community will say "we need ballance first", but even if the ballance will ever become good enough to satisfy the whiners (and it won't), people will say "no, the game was in ballanced state before every new faction and it always went to hell so lets leave the game as it is". And yet without adding new factions we would still play sov vs ost all the time...

Agreed.

Frankly, what a lot of people mean when they complain about "balance" is "does not suit my preferences". And seeing as you can't make everyone happy, this will never go away.

Bring on the Japanese, and more besides.
30 Apr 2016, 17:59 PM

My nationality makes it clear I would want this addition just so I can laugh and watch the filthy fascists get gunned down like the pigs they are.
30 Apr 2016, 18:02 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

My nationality makes it clear I would want this addition just so I can laugh and watch the filthy fascists get gunned down like the pigs they are.

Your nationality being?....(Less inflammatory stuff, please. :) )
30 Apr 2016, 18:05 PM

Your nationality being?....(Less inflammatory stuff, please. :) )

Chinese. Don't tell me you are going to defend the honor of the Imperial army. I was speaking of the fascists, not the poor people who suffered due to their statist leaders.
30 Apr 2016, 18:16 PM

I would like Japanese faction was I would be happy:)
30 Apr 2016, 18:35 PM

I am aware of Anya in the campaign. But that is where she remained. I have to confess I was unaware the Partisan Commander and its acolytes were meant to be Polish. Can you expand on that one for me, please? I always assumed the partisans in automatch were meant to be Soviet citizens.

The soviet commander during matches keeps saying that "(the partisans) are not Russian,but they will have to do"

So even if they arent Polish,though they are exactly the same as the armia krakovia in the campaign,they arent russian.
30 Apr 2016, 18:37 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Chinese. Don't tell me you are going to defend the honor of the Imperial army. I was speaking of the fascists, not the poor people who suffered due to their statist leaders.

Thanks for clarifying. :) :thumb:

-------------

To all here: Relic has no intention of introducing the IJA into COH2. I've posted this twice already in similar threads. :*(:*(

If I get time, I will go back and find the quote from QD
30 Apr 2016, 18:41 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2016, 18:35 PMFino

The soviet commander during matches keeps saying that "(the partisans) are not Russian,but they will have to do"

So even if they arent Polish,though they are exactly the same as the armia krakovia in the campaign,they arent russian.

Thanks for taking the time to explain that subtlety! :thumb:
30 Apr 2016, 20:14 PM
Donator 11

Other than the Ostruppen, and Anya, I freely confess I was unaware of any other East European involvement in the main game.

I would need to replay parts of the campaign in english this time to tell you what can be seen in english version. I recommend reading description for mission 11 though.

In multiplayer, apart from "they are no russians but they will do", there is also "russians have promoted us". They also use completely different accent (especially when speaking slowly, its not much different when they shout) and the name pawel (paul) instead of ivan or vasili.

Additionally they never use russian words in their lines. Instead they use some polish words, like "tak" (polish for "yes", they sometimes use "yes" too), when russians say "da" ( russian for "yes").

That's what I found by playing a match in english version of game. In polish version they just speak normally polish while all the other squads in game use some words native to them and special accent.
30 Apr 2016, 20:19 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I would need to replay parts of the campaign in english this time to tell you what can be seen in english version. I recommend reading description for mission 11 though.

In multiplayer, apart from "they are no russians but they will do", there is also "russians have promoted us". They also use completely different accent (especially when speaking slowly, its not much different when they shout) and the name pawel (paul) instead of ivan or vasili.

Additionally they never use russian words in their lines. Instead they use some polish words, like "tak" (polish for "yes", they sometimes use "yes" too), when russians say "da" ( russian for "yes").

That's what I found by playing a match in english version of game. In polish version they just speak normally polish while all the other squads in game use some words native to them and special accent.

That's really helpful! :) Thank you very much for taking the time to explain. :thumb: I'll have to revisit the campaign again. I thought 'tak' was Russian :( :blush::blush:
30 Apr 2016, 21:43 PM

^^I always found it pretty obvious that they are polish.
Which is nice. Relic should try'n include as many nations as they can, I guess, to attract people from these countires. Not always is an entire new faction necessary to #represent
30 Apr 2016, 23:02 PM

I thought 'tak' was Russian :( :blush::blush:

Tak (так) is Russian word too. Slavic languages have a lot of same or similar words.

and the name pawel (paul) instead of ivan or vasili.

And Pawel is common russian name too.
1 May 2016, 11:33 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2016, 23:02 PMNebaka

Tak (так) is Russian word too. Slavic languages have a lot of same or similar words.

And Pawel is common russian name too.

You know it and I know it, but do you think relic knows it? :D You can see that they differ, no other squad uses these words. And they also say they are not russian so its out of question. If they were byelorussian they wouldn't say that. And if they were lativian or ukrainian they would fight for the germans... what do you have left?

Also, the word "так" i usually used in different meaning, I never heard or seen it used in russian as confirmation , russians tend to always use "да" for that purpouse (unless it's "так точнo" but that's the idiom, partisans use the word alone like in polish). It's mostly used like english word 'so' ('so cold' <-> "так холодно" <-> "tak zimno").
1 May 2016, 19:29 PM

I haven't played the campaign since release, but I've got to say I was always under the impression that the partisans were Polish, and if not Polish, Czech or Yugoslavian.

But I feel like they were explicitly stated to be Polish, or at least heavily drawing upon the Warsaw uprising and Soviet actions.
1 May 2016, 20:50 PM

You know it and I know it, but do you think relic knows it? :D You can see that they differ, no other squad uses these words. And they also say they are not russian so its out of question. If they were byelorussian they wouldn't say that. And if they were lativian or ukrainian they would fight for the germans... what do you have left?

Also, the word "так" i usually used in different meaning, I never heard or seen it used in russian as confirmation , russians tend to always use "да" for that purpouse (unless it's "так точнo" but that's the idiom, partisans use the word alone like in polish). It's mostly used like english word 'so' ('so cold' <-> "так холодно" <-> "tak zimno").

"Zimno" is ukrainian word too. This can be a very big and serious discussion, but I'm not very confident in my knowledge of the English that it would begin. I hope you will agree that Relic have a very poor knowledge of Slavic languages and the history of Eastern Front.
On Eastern front were many kinds of partisans: nationalists, communists, bandits; Poles, Ukrainians, Belarusians, Russians and others; some of them fought against Germans, other against Soviets and others against both, some have fought against other partisans.
1 May 2016, 22:14 PM
Donator 11

I haven't played the campaign since release, but I've got to say I was always under the impression that the partisans were Polish, and if not Polish, Czech or Yugoslavian.

But I feel like they were explicitly stated to be Polish, or at least heavily drawing upon the Warsaw uprising and Soviet actions.

The discussion is not about campaign, but multiplayer. In campaign, it is written in the description of 11th mission that partisans are Polish. In multiplayer hints are less obvious.
14 Oct 2016, 15:58 PM

someone is already creating a Japanese fraction mod for COH2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLOQNKBpDOk
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 20
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak