Login

russian armor

Relic bring back patch mods!

26 Feb 2016, 20:33 PM

Relic this last patch is somewhat of a debacle(to put it mildly), I know you guys want to make a good impression for ESL and that might lead you to consider only internal testing, but consider the following:

Last year we had several major announced patches that you opened a week early, as a mod, to allow players to enjoy them and gather some test data. I think it would be a good idea to bring that system back, because the current patch has a number of errors and major bugs that the community could have easily found and offered solutions for.

Relic you literally have hundreds, if not thousands of players who would download and test your patch for you, free of charge! I hate to see this game in this state, because of poor internal quality control and you guys really busted your shops to get the Vet bug fixed and get this patch out on time(for better or worse). I think if you guys had released the patch as a mod yesterday and told everyone you want a week of feedback and player testing to make it come out better, then this could have been a way to release the promised patch on time(not officially, but in some format accessible to players) and not lost any face with the public or ESL as a whole(one more week of Vet bug in the game wouldn't have killed anybody). Just my thoughts on the matter and a plea to return to a patching system that as a whole led to better patches in the past.
26 Feb 2016, 20:36 PM

Permanently Banned
Heh -- you should think about - how this game gonna work - when this vet bug is fixed :D
26 Feb 2016, 20:48 PM

Permanently Banned
Nice idea.
26 Feb 2016, 21:32 PM

It wouldn't have helped. This was caused because they were attempting to fix the vet bug that was found only a couple of days before the patch. Also mods don't change the technical bug stuff, so those patch mods are only good for testing balance
26 Feb 2016, 22:53 PM
26 Feb 2016, 22:54 PM

It wouldn't have helped. This was caused because they were attempting to fix the vet bug that was found only a couple of days before the patch. Also mods don't change the technical bug stuff, so those patch mods are only good for testing balance

They said this issue was known for 4 months.
26 Feb 2016, 23:19 PM

To quote Kyle from last stream, "I don't think high level players know what's best for the entire community".
26 Feb 2016, 23:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 22:54 PMNubb3r

They said this issue was known for 4 months.

Jesus the misinformation.

They said the issue has been IN THE GAME for 4 months, not that they knew about it.

No one knew about it until a week and a half ago.
26 Feb 2016, 23:29 PM

To quote Kyle from last stream, "I don't think high level players know what's best for the entire community".
They don't. Most of them barely know what's good for high level players.
26 Feb 2016, 23:47 PM

They don't. Most of them barely know what's good for high level players.

Probably have a better view then you. :snfBarton:
27 Feb 2016, 00:11 AM

Then they really need to use the "beta branch" feature on steam. This patch is just so incredibly broken, and it would have been very easy to prevent. Release a beta build 48-72hrs before release, let anyone/everyone test it (and make all commanders available, to test those). If it's all good, release the beta build as official. If its broken (infinite RE squads, duping upgrades, etc.) just delay moving the patch to the official branch.

Solves every problem.
27 Feb 2016, 00:55 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Then they really need to use the "beta branch" feature on steam. This patch is just so incredibly broken, and it would have been very easy to prevent. Release a beta build 48-72hrs before release, let anyone/everyone test it (and make all commanders available, to test those). If it's all good, release the beta build as official. If its broken (infinite RE squads, duping upgrades, etc.) just delay moving the patch to the official branch.

Solves every problem.

You should be surprised that it won't fix anything at all. In cases like this, they know of the bugs but they are "forced" to release them. Have seen it happen way too often in other PTS (public test server) enviroments.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★