Login

russian armor

Two annoying problems this game has atm

26 Feb 2016, 19:50 PM

Hi, since Relic's forum is offline i'm gonna try to post this here,

At the moment for me as a player who love's custom maps & playing together against AI i have some problems at the moment that is getting to become very very very annoying,

First problem is custom maps,

I don't know the technical net stuff about this since i did not program this game, but the problem is that 50% of the people that join my custom matches with custom maps on can't download the map automatically when they join,

So when this happens i have to interrogate the 3 people in my match to get them to tell me who of them can't see the map, then i have to explain to them that they have to rejoin and at the same time i have to explain to the other people spamming ''gogogoogogogogogogogogogoogg'' that i can't click start because everyone does not have the map downloaded, so this creates a very big chaos,

So if you Relic could grab the net people of your crew and get to a meeting in a room and talk please on solving this issue that everyone's automatic download does not start when they join a custom match with a custom map,

So TLDR; 50% of the time people's auto download of the custom map wont start and it creates a big confusing and chaos that can be avoided if the problem gets solved what ever way that could be,

Second problem is custom skins & decals & victory strikes,

Same as the custom maps, this is a very giant problem for me atm, and it seems that am not the only one since everyone seems to remove those 3 things now completely which i would not like if i were a game developer of a game if people had to stop using things because of a problem,

So to explain if this has not been explained already, custom skins & decals & vs cause problem because they dont download automatically for everyone when they join a game like with the custom maps,

AND i really do not like that you guys deisigned the custom skins so they will download on everyones computer filling up their modding hubs with tons of skins they dont even use and never will,

I have never used a custom skin because i dont have any problem using the vanilla onces so i hate that my modding hub is filled with tons of stuff i havent even used,

So if anyone at Relic is reading this, please put these 2 things in a problem list, because it is really annoying problems at the moment, thank you for reading and i hope you all have a nice evening

EDIT: I have question btw, is the sound bug fixed yet? Cause i have yet to play this game with volume on since a very long time and i would love too if i knew the sound bug is gone, really hate how it poped up from nowhere with a loud bang scaring the crap out of me!
28 Feb 2016, 00:55 AM

Hoped that someone else would replied to this
28 Feb 2016, 01:06 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Hi, since Relic's forum is offline i'm gonna try to post this here,

EDIT: I have question btw, is the sound bug fixed yet? Cause i have yet to play this game with volume on since a very long time and i would love too if i knew the sound bug is gone, really hate how it poped up from nowhere with a loud bang scaring the crap out of me!

Probably haven't received a response yet because of that first line.

And the soundbug has been fixed for a while now. Six months maybe? Maybe more. I'm not certain. But I haven't had it occur in months.
28 Feb 2016, 01:33 AM

Only problem this game has is, British forces ^^
28 Feb 2016, 14:48 PM

Probably haven't received a response yet because of that first line.

And the soundbug has been fixed for a while now. Six months maybe? Maybe more. I'm not certain. But I haven't had it occur in months.

How long are they gonna update their own forums then, would love 2 give some feedback to them
28 Feb 2016, 17:33 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Forums were supposed to be up in January, February... they keep pushing it back. I'm not sure if there's a timeline atm.

My friend also told me that the soundbug might be back but I really don't know.
nee
27 Mar 2016, 04:40 AM

Really sick of this problem myself. If people have the custom map or custom mod donwloaded, someone's got some lameass custom victory strike or skin that prevents me from starting.

Goes to show how what priorities Relic's got.
31 Mar 2016, 08:33 AM

MY suggestions :
- Why can't I put a title and a password on my game? (Like COH2)
- Why can't I lock, reserve spots? (Like COH2)
- Why can't I make an allied side and an axis side? (Like COH2)
(Axis vs Axis drives me nuts)

* Should have regular games, and ... 'Modded games'. You can only enter
modded games if you already own the mod, or the map. You have an option
to DL the map or mod (spearhead!) before entering, but those whom may
enter already have the mods and maps installed.
* Visual mods (Like Skins)... should be client side only. Like if I want
my tanks to be covered with cats, is fine, but no one else is forced to
see it. People don't see/DL my skins, unless they are official and/or
are owned by both parties already. If you dislike skins (like tanks
covered with puppies), then simply delete the skin on your own PC, and
you won't won't be forced to re-DL in the future, nor will you ever be
force to see anyone else using it...

- Solves lots of problems.
- Smoother experience.
- Less clutter, less DL, less lag.
- Less nightmare for people with lower end PCs

Not even hard to code! What do you people think?
1 Apr 2016, 00:18 AM

I seem to remember having to select an option, either in steam or CoH2 to enable downloading of 3rd party items. I can't seem to find it at the moment but if so that is most likely the cause of your issues.

Having it on autodownload is really annoying when you're playing with people who have 100skins/strikes/nameplates/maps as it can take a long time to download a bunch of stuff you won't ever need again.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★