Login

russian armor

Land mattress damage

PAGES (8)down
27 Feb 2016, 09:01 AM

Wait, infinity unit reinforces and bug with upgraded weapons is still there?
27 Feb 2016, 09:29 AM

I did laugh so it was definitely funny for me.
Although Funny how you can play games which tries to Reflect a real conflict were 50 Million real people died, and your having fun playing that ? You gross Psychopath
But beeing offened by a non gore edited historic Photography
If it broke a rule it will deleted surely

If you don't see the difference between a game where pixel soldiers get "killed" and depictions of real happenings (like a historical photo) I can't help you. It wasn't about breaking rules of the forum but morale borderlines. I won't annoy you anymore, just go on with your live and laugh at stuff like that.
27 Feb 2016, 14:09 PM

This should've been a non commander unit. Otherwise, I think it's pretty mediocre.
27 Feb 2016, 16:34 PM

Anyone who thinks this land mattress is meh or mediocre or needs to be cheaper or less cp is literally living in cloud cuckoo land. It still is ridiculous even after the halving of its garrison power.
27 Feb 2016, 17:09 PM

Haven't seen the full stats yet... Considering it's weaknesses ( mobility and protection in particular) give ample counterplay and the game itself isn't in a fit state to make balance decisions at the moment I'm thinking this is just wheraboo whingeing.
27 Feb 2016, 17:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 16:29 PMRappy

We must be playing different versions of the game. I tried this ten times in game and also in cheat mode. Only once did the second barrage fail at max range to destroy the schwerer panzer hq (flak hq). That one time it was left with a slither of health. Did you remember to change the faction of the structure in cheat mode?

The rest of us have the same version of the game as Pugzii. It's very meh unless someone is blobbing hard. Flamer engies on this doctrine are nice for maps with lots of buildings.
27 Feb 2016, 19:35 PM

Brits needed: effective Garrison clearer and a viable source of artillery.

Finally, it has both even if it is overcosted.
27 Feb 2016, 20:41 PM

Okay I played 7 3vs3 games now with the new land matress commander, 4 yesterday before damage versus buildings was reduced and AOE was slightly lowered, 3 today. I always went heavy for them (2-3 units) to test their performance in a normal game situation.

The good:
- their damage versus blobs is very strong, squad wipes happen
- can be recrewed if not destroyed entirely
- low fuel cost

The medicore:
- their range seems to be not that huge as others stated here, for such a slow rocket launcher it is pretty medicore
- their damage vs OKW trucks is okay now, you need multiple salvos at once (otherwise the truck is repaired again)
- in teamgames where ressource income is higher walking stuka can arrive long before matress can be called

The bad:
- because of long and slow firing salvo + setup/dismount time it is very prone to counterfire from other rocket artillery like walking stuka and painwerfer and some offmap area attacks
- falls excel versus them on maps with lots of ambient buildings
- quickly mowed down by any kind of infantry/vehicle counterattack if not guarded properly, to slow to evade by itself
- slow in reaching firing position
- can be stolen and turned versus you (happend twice to me)
- manpower heavy
- doctrinal, comes with a commander without any kind of offmap attack or late game abilities/units

Conclusion:
They truly shine as a blob counter and at attacking a forward build healing truck after a mass retreat. This isn't such a bad thing, because blobbing should be punished and FRP mechanic is bs in team games anyway.
On the other side they drain your manpower even more. With brits having most expensive base infantry unit, most expensive MG and most expensive AT-Gun plus mortar pit for 400mp, Forward Assembly and the doctrinal 4 men commandos for 400mp, you truly have to make some decisions if you decide to take this commander. The land matress has a unfavorable ratio of manpower to fuel. Manpower will really limit your decisions if you take this commander, there is so many you want to afford, you seem to be always low on population unless you are really kicking ass from the beginning.

I lost three games, always to tanks, this is the real weak spot of the commander. In arranged teams it can work out, but you have to make sure that your mates will care for the construction of caches and for enough AT power. You are heavily delayed in producing Cromwell/Firefly. Again I think manpower is more of a problem than fuel. So I wouldn't rate it too high, other commanders have good abilities/units too that can decide a game and are not that manpower starved. Sure it would be a total different thing if it would be non-doctrinal like walking stuka or painwerfer.

27 Feb 2016, 21:06 PM

Okay I played 7 3vs3 games now with the new land matress commander, 4 yesterday before damage versus buildings was reduced and AOE was slightly lowered, 3 today. I always went heavy for them (2-3 units) to test their performance in a normal game situation.

The good:
- their damage versus blobs is very strong, squad wipes happen
- can be recrewed if not destroyed entirely
- low fuel cost

The medicore:
- their range seems to be not that huge as others stated here, for such a slow rocket launcher it is pretty medicore
- their damage vs OKW trucks is okay now, you need multiple salvos at once (otherwise the truck is repaired again)
- in teamgames where ressource income is higher walking stuka can arrive long before matress can be called

The bad:
- because of long and slow firing salvo + setup/dismount time it is very prone to counterfire from other rocket artillery like walking stuka and painwerfer and some offmap area attacks
- falls excel versus them on maps with lots of ambient buildings
- quickly mowed down by any kind of infantry/vehicle counterattack if not guarded properly, to slow to evade by itself
- slow in reaching firing position
- can be stolen and turned versus you (happend twice to me)
- manpower heavy
- doctrinal, comes with a commander without any kind of offmap attack or late game abilities/units

Conclusion:
They truly shine as a blob counter and at attacking a forward build healing truck after a mass retreat. This isn't such a bad thing, because blobbing should be punished and FRP mechanic is bs in team games anyway.
On the other side they drain your manpower even more. With brits having most expensive base infantry unit, most expensive MG and most expensive AT-Gun plus mortar pit for 400mp, Forward Assembly and the doctrinal 4 men commandos for 400mp, you truly have to make some decisions if you decide to take this commander. The land matress has a unfavorable ratio of manpower to fuel. Manpower will really limit your decisions if you take this commander, there is so many you want to afford, you seem to be always low on population unless you are really kicking ass from the beginning.

I lost three games, always to tanks, this is the real weak spot of the commander. In arranged teams it can work out, but you have to make sure that your mates will care for the construction of caches and for enough AT power. You are heavily delayed in producing Cromwell/Firefly. Again I think manpower is more of a problem than fuel. So I wouldn't rate it too high, other commanders have good abilities/units too that can decide a game and are not that manpower starved. Sure it would be a total different thing if it would be non-doctrinal like walking stuka or painwerfer.

Don't get 3 next time.
27 Feb 2016, 21:11 PM

Don't get 3 next time.

In a 1vs1 I never would do that, I can't imagine to build more than one. As I said because of manpower cost. But you see a lot of rocket launcher spam lately in multiplayer modes, which can work out if you have good mates. In addition I wanted to fire with multiple land matress at an OKW truck. I did this once today, firing with three at max range at a truck and not destroying it by doing so, but killed three infantry squads standing next to the truck.
27 Feb 2016, 21:16 PM

We're you using -shift- to queue commands when using it? Barrage, then shift-click a move command back to safety is a really good habit to have to reduce counter fire damage, and to hide its location. Good rules for all rocket arty actually.
27 Feb 2016, 21:21 PM

We're you using -shift- to queue commands when using it? Barrage, then shift-click a move command back to safety is a really good habit to have to reduce counter fire damage, and to hide its location. Good rules for all rocket arty actually.

Thanks for the advice. Yes, I try to use shift-klick-queues as often as possible, but fail sometimes when there is too much to do in the heat of the battle. But even if you do so it takes quite a time to fire, dismount and slowly moving away. Of all rocket launcher units it is the one with the biggest chance to get caught and killed by counterfire or an area-effect offmap attack.
27 Feb 2016, 21:41 PM
Benefactor 392

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2016, 16:34 PMRappy
Anyone who thinks this land mattress is meh or mediocre or needs to be cheaper or less cp is literally living in cloud cuckoo land. It still is ridiculous even after the halving of its garrison power.

think you are a minority in this one dude, no hard feelings,

btw how are you doing?
27 Feb 2016, 21:44 PM

Yes, I can appreciate how things can get hectic. To save a little more time, you can do the shift click move on the mini map rather than scrolling in the main view. Click all the way back near your base on the mini map if you like. With cool down times over a minute, you'll have lots of time to move it to a better position closer to the front before it's able to fire again.

You might still lose it to a fast rocket counter fire, but having it start its move order instantly after it fires is way better than trying to move it after the enemy's rockets are already raining down, and you'll never lose it to off map or mortar fire.
27 Feb 2016, 22:06 PM

Yes, I can appreciate how things can get hectic. To save a little more time, you can do the shift click move on the mini map rather than scrolling in the main view. Click all the way back near your base on the mini map if you like. With cool down times over a minute, you'll have lots of time to move it to a better position closer to the front before it's able to fire again.

You might still lose it to a fast rocket counter fire, but having it start its move order instantly after it fires is way better than trying to move it after the enemy's rockets are already raining down, and you'll never lose it to off map or mortar fire.

Yeah, thanks thats a nice one. I shift-click queue capturing of ressource points and some move/attack orders at minimap already but somehow I always shift-click on the main screen when using artillery units. Will try to accustom this too :-)

A clever opponent would never click at your current position when counterfiring but behind it so that the actual firing position is on the lower outer radius of the attack (respectively one end of stuka attack). So you have move quite a bit to escape. I think it depends on the position of enemy stuka/panzerwerfer. When its already in firing position it has a decent chance to get your matress, if he has to move before firing you will get away most probably.
27 Feb 2016, 22:12 PM

People adapting to each other is what makes things fun though :)
A quick and simple micro on your part creates more micro AND guessing on your opponent. Still a net win for you.

(Sorry for the ninja edit. I just had an afterthought)
27 Feb 2016, 22:14 PM

People adapting to each other is what makes things fun though :)

Yeah, otherwise it would be pretty boring :D

I'm okay with your ninja edit, it contributes to your point ;) Actually this is a ninja edit too :hyper:
(still better as a ninja patch from relic)
27 Feb 2016, 22:32 PM

Ok it got nerfed.

Nothing left to discuss here, move along fellas.
27 Feb 2016, 23:04 PM
Patrion 14

Don't get 3 next time.
\

Due to the new improved superduper awesome Matchmaking, I got a 3v3 game against noobs last night after 20 minute.

So I was able to get 7 LM by the end.

it is quite good at killing tanks :).

27 Feb 2016, 23:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2016, 23:04 PMpigsoup
\

Due to the new improved superduper awesome Matchmaking, I got a 3v3 game against noobs last night after 20 minute.

So I was able to get 7 LM by the end.

it is quite good at killing tanks :).

:clap: So matchmaking is quite fun after all :clap:

We did something similar in a long 4vs4 AT with Calliopes before they prohibited decrewing it. I can imagine it was no fun for opponents getting constantly shelled everywhere where something moved. It was a good decision to not let them decrew.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Mexico 23
United States 2
United Kingdom 145
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L