Login

russian armor

M26 Pershing Performance wise?

1 Mar 2016, 01:45 AM

Stop using it as a tiger as in charging in thinking it has so much health and armour etc.

Utilize it's range means to use it at max range and such so if it's 45 then it's 45...

Jesus..

who are you? where is your player card? Where in that comment was anything about using the perishing as a tiger?
1 Mar 2016, 01:49 AM

who are you? where is your player card? Where in that comment was anything about using the perishing as a tiger?

muh muh playercard
1 Mar 2016, 01:49 AM

Pershing AOE: 4
Tiger AOE: 3.5

Pershing AOE Distance: 0.75/1.5/2.25
Tiger AOE Distance: 1/1.75/2.625

Pershing AOE Damage Modifiers: 1/0.4/0.2
Tiger AOE Damage Modifiers: 1/0.15/0.05

Tiger takes longer for its damage to drop-off, but it drops off harshly. The Pershing still deals much more damage within its AOE. From 2.25 onwards the Pershing deals 32 damage vs the Tiger's 5 from 2.625 onwards.

If the Pershing needs anything it's 960 health and its HVAP round to be cheaper at the cost of actually having a actual ready-aim time of 2.75 to 3 seconds so it can't do a sudden double shot.

Right... that's true if both tanks are shooting infantry at their maximum tank ranges. But other than that, mid to close ranges are almost no different, also the Tiger has a MG42 mounted to help deal with infantry, tack on that increased +20% accuracy when it hits vet2 and it'll shred infantry. The Pershing has to get to vet2 to even get anything to deal with infantry.

Also, unless they've fixed the combined arms ability bug making the Pershing reload slower, there shouldn't be anymore suggestions being made. They need to fix the game before they implement more crap.
1 Mar 2016, 03:46 AM

I was further expressing my original post. Calm down skipper. And I'm someone who is just ok at this game. I can never be as good as you.. your someone to be fond of. I'm jealous of you. I'm sure your life achievements are just as good as they are in game...
1 Mar 2016, 04:44 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Right... that's true if both tanks are shooting infantry at their maximum tank ranges.

That's not how aoe works, it's area of the explosion, not depending on range of the tank. Unless I am misunderstanding how you are interpreting this. 6x the far aoe damage is very significant to wiping.
1 Mar 2016, 06:42 AM

the pershing have amazing wipe capability with its main gun, but that's really the last hing the USF needs.

1 Mar 2016, 06:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2016, 04:44 AMTobis

That's not how aoe works, it's area of the explosion, not depending on range of the tank. Unless I am misunderstanding how you are interpreting this. 6x the far aoe damage is very significant to wiping.

To clarify, I meant both. Tanks are more accurate the closer they are to the target, so therefore they are more likely to land direct hits on squads.

I did this test in like 2 mins so don't jump on me that I didn't spend 5 hours trying to replicate every squad wipe possibility. Tell me, what the major differences between these two tanks are when fighting against infantry? Yes, the Pershing is better when it comes to AoE but it bothers me when people over exaggerate it because if there is a huge difference, I don't see it. The Pershing sounds better on paper, but I've used both tanks in-game and there isn't that much of a difference honestly. Add RNG in the mix and all it does is equalize these tanks even more. Sometimes the Pershing may get squad wipes, but so do Tigers. When it comes down to it, it's just a Tiger with less HP that performs arguably a tad better against the smaller German squads. (Even then you can argue the MG on the Tiger helps finish off remaining models).

Problem with the unit is, USF aren't looking for another 105mm bulldozer Sherman. They're looking for a Heavy that can actually do it's role right and take out heavies head on instead of playing it like a flanking tank destroyer.
1 Mar 2016, 08:39 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

A video and stuff

I hadn't considered that with the range, you have a point. I also was not expecting that video to show the Pershing to miss so much. I will look into using the Pershing more before I pass judgement.
1 Mar 2016, 09:30 AM

His cost is like that because you dont need to tech to get it, and i find it still not performing as it should, yah know, 30 more fuel than OKW panther, no need to tech and the best tank skills on the game as my point of view, its just good as it is if not performing a bit over the top
nee
2 Mar 2016, 00:52 AM

I don't own the commander, but from my experience when it was on trial run, and with allies using them, they seem way to weak too be considered "heavy". It seems weaker than even KV-1, and the KV tanks in this game are about the lightest of all heavy tanks; but at least for them the cost is lower.

I recall they cannot decrew, so they don't have the same survivability options that other USF vehicles have. A simple repair ability would help, maybe as vet1 unlock?

IMO I'd think an ideal Pershing would be one that instills fear not because it's a tanky unit, but because in can run in, hit fast and hard, and reasonably run away before it gets shredded. It fits the firepower role alright, but it doesn't match ts lower armour with higher speed, so it tends to suffer the same as other squshy tanks.
2 Mar 2016, 02:06 AM

Something i forgot, the discrepancy between vet3 and the rest of the vet levels is stupid.

I mirror that. Unnoticeable vet and then all of a sudden best tank in the game.
2 Mar 2016, 03:05 AM

Glass big blast cannon, love it and hate it.
2 Mar 2016, 03:39 AM

My problem with the m26 runs like this: I can't get one

Srs. I have to pull out a sherman or jackson, which sets me back, which delays the pershing, which neccessitates another sherman/jackson, ect

I can try to stall yes and I might succeed but then the M26 has to mount my comeback. And it ain't KT good enough
2 Mar 2016, 08:19 AM

230 fuel for a 800HP tank without pro-smoke ability is already overpriced...

This tank die in a braze during a corssfire of uber OKW AT options, JT, commander panther alike....

and Pershing is locked behind a meh Commander, I miss old COH times where you could get colliope and Pershing at same time
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★