Login

russian armor

Japanese Faction

25 Feb 2016, 21:05 PM

any ideas for a japanese faction ?

some ideas for commanders and or faction :

1 - banzai rush 1 cp - like the hurra in the soviets but the japs can attack the enemy at close range with bayonets and swords .

2 - japanese bunker , with mg upgrade .

3 - type 10 , 91 and or 97 hand grenades .

4 - type 92 mg .

5 - Type 94 90 mm Infantry Mortar or Type 97 81 mm infantry mortar .

8 - Type 1 47 mm Anti-Tank Gun .

9 - Type 99 mine .

10 - Type 95 Ha-Go tank .

11 - experimental / prototypes heavy tanks ? .
25 Feb 2016, 21:11 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

8 man squads. For a snare they have one man banzai rush a tank with a satchel charge and blow himself up.
25 Feb 2016, 21:13 PM

I like the idea of Relic adding in a new axis faction (either Italy or Japan) but they laughed off the idea yesterday during the Q&A stream, so that's unfortunate.

No input otherwise though I have always liked the idea of a banzai rush if they were added in.
25 Feb 2016, 21:13 PM

The fact that the Japanese fought 95% of their battles in the air and water... means that coh isn't the right type of game for the faction to even exist in lol.
25 Feb 2016, 21:14 PM

Awhile back folks were talking about including a non-doc AT strafe. You'd pay (hypothetically) 450 mp 125 fuel and get a reusable Zero on a cool down, which would not refresh if the Zero gets shot down. IMO this could be a workable heavy TD replacement that doesn't stretch the history too much.
25 Feb 2016, 21:14 PM

I don't know if those pictures are true or false but i don't know what say ... I remember that Relic wrote that they weren't going to develop anything about japanese army. Ok, now some images could make me think they aren't doing what they said. That's not a bad idea because i like when new factions come but i would have preferred the Italians instead of the Japanese soldiers.
If this rumors are true, i hope this would open the game for new factions, now the japanese, next time Italians and Commonwealth (non british forces army).
25 Feb 2016, 21:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 21:13 PMvarunax
The fact that the Japanese fought 95% of their battles in the air and water... means that coh isn't the right type of game for the faction to even exist in lol.

What? You're missing the entire island hopping campaigns and some biggest and longest battles in WW2

Japanese snipers can climb trees (garrison-like ability). Increase site, etc.

Japanese can build tunnel between 2 bunkers. (yes, similar to C&C Generals, just no vehicle transit).

And if you're going to have the Japanese, the American side has to be the US Marines. But these are all the Pacific campaign, not European, which is what CoH and CoH2 are.
25 Feb 2016, 21:17 PM

I like the idea of Relic adding in a new axis faction (either Italy or Japan) but they laughed off the idea yesterday during the Q&A stream, so that's unfortunate.

No input otherwise though I have always liked the idea of a banzai rush if they were added in.

same stuff was before Brits, they were laughing that they are not working on Brits and then bam, BRITS
25 Feb 2016, 21:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 21:11 PMTobis
8 man squads. For a snare they have one man banzai rush a tank with a satchel charge and blow himself up.

how many for a 8 squad men ? 310 mp ?
25 Feb 2016, 21:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 21:13 PMvarunax
Tone is the cutest.
25 Feb 2016, 21:25 PM

:D Suicide trucks (1:57) like in this Korean movie:

25 Feb 2016, 21:29 PM

same stuff was before Brits, they were laughing that they are not working on Brits and then bam, BRITS

That is true, though I still have doubts about it. Relic is already dealing with balance/bugs with 5 factions, it's hard to believe they would want to throw another one into the mix.
nee
25 Feb 2016, 21:36 PM

I actually typed up a Japanese faction idea a few months ago, not finished but it's got a lot of stuff. It's geared for a CoH3 setting against a USMC counterpart, though utilizing concepts like the commander system.

In terms of unit and structure design it was based quite heavily off of the Imperial Guard from Dawn of War: a single HQ base building that can train most units, and forward base buildings that can transport infantry squads like how the aforementioned game works. Units are relatively light and focused very heavily on combined arms, almost too much in retrospect- you pretty much had to have two untis to face off against the enemy's one in order to really work, obviously had its limitations. It also made the Japanese faction very underdog-oriented, which would be fun at times but didn't really allow for any real powerful unit plays as I tried to keep it within reasonable historicity (re no Type 5 Chi Ri heavy tanks). I also developed the unit roster more akin to the other CoH2 factions (whereas, no offense intended, many people's ideas tend to copy the Ostheer style which seem very bland, especially given they want a third Axis faction for CoH2).
I suppose in the end it was basically combining many of the bad elements of COH2 factions into a neat and unique kind of faction with it's own playstyle, but ultimately wouldn't seem very appealing to play consistently. It certainly felt very realistic in portraying the IJA's dire circumstance, but also means you're basically pitting the COH2 equivalent of early-game Russians against late-game OKW. The USMC counterpart, which I did not write up, would have been so much more easier and straightforward to play in comparison.

Another thing to add, when trying to seriously design said faction I concluded that it's nearly impossible without also trying to design an appropriate counterpart, namely the US Marines, which would essentially have to be USF but without any heavy weaponry, AND even more reliant on lighter, mobile playstyle than the USF in COH2. I didn't have the time to do that so I stopped.

As for COH2 faction, can't imagine it without making even more liberal interpretations with reality. You'd have to be even more ridiculous than alpha-era UKF to have it viable, plus all the political correctness about melee fighting and banzai charges and all the other IJA overdone tropes.
25 Feb 2016, 21:44 PM

i forgot to mention zero bombing run .
25 Feb 2016, 21:44 PM

people want commanders, stuff and factions,

and then they complain when the game is not balanced

this community is so awesome
25 Feb 2016, 21:52 PM

Stap this Japs hype. It's not going to happen and it's really good news.
25 Feb 2016, 21:55 PM

why its good news ? we need axis 3rd faction to balance things out .
25 Feb 2016, 21:56 PM

Hype is healthy :banana:
25 Feb 2016, 21:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 21:55 PMafrrs

why its good news ? we need axis 3rd faction to balance things out .

I doubt a japanese faction would provide the kind of 'balance' axis players are used to XD
25 Feb 2016, 22:03 PM

Permanently Banned
Who need Japan, if Relic can not end work with another 5 factions and optimization.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★