Login

russian armor

Sherman Bulldozer

AVA
22 Feb 2016, 02:02 AM

I have always liked Rifle Comp over Armor company as they're somewhat the same. (flamers and a good versatile tank). But i'm unsure about the Sherman Bulldozer. I've only used it once during my whole playtime as it wasn't a success the first time. It's really expensive compared to the other options and it can only make bunkers and do an arty... ? it seems like a dull tank to me, but if i'm wrong please tell me.

So my question to you:

Is it worth the cost? and if yes, when and how do you use it?
22 Feb 2016, 02:20 AM

Permanently Banned
In theory it should be a tanky (lots of HP/armor) unit that can take a lot of punishment while firing a high explosive round to deal with infantry and blobs.

But in practice, I find that the armor isn't that worth it late game when the German player has Panthers, Super Heavy Tanks, and so on that deal a substantial damage, often pursuing your slower Bulldozer (and other Allied tanks) and destroying it.

And the gun is far, far too inaccurate from my experience. You're better off getting a regular sherman or two and firing HE rounds because you're more guaranteed kills and wipes. Plus, you dont have to get in close up with the enemy which the Bulldozer requires with its gun (which means the enemy can either destroy or disable the tank).

There is one scenario I can see it being useful. It's that if you use them as bait to lure infantry or tanks into an ambush or mines given the Bulldozer's armor.

But honestly, i would rather have a Sherman Jumbo. Basically a Sherman tank but with more armor.
24 Feb 2016, 23:13 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

I like the bulldozer for some things. Sometimes I'm floating fuel late game and being outflanked or overrun by infantry. It does a good lot as a support unit and can terraform and barricade if you need to (I never do). It is very situational so don't make a plan to build it unless you know you need it. It will also ruin your popcap so remember that if you are planning to get AT.
25 Feb 2016, 21:21 PM

Dozer isn't really that bad, it's pretty reliable against infantry squads, the barricades you can create with it are also a nice addition (Green cover, blocks vehicles, just in case you didn't know)

But it's not a tank you want to make every game, it's a great choice if your opponent goes extremely heavy on infantry play, but against combine arms it's almost useless
19 Mar 2016, 13:19 PM
Admin Red  Badge

If you go for Dozer you have to ensure that your opponent cannot save a decent amount of fuel to get a Panther or even worse armour out. In case you are successful your Dozers will bleed the hell out of your foe.
19 Mar 2016, 13:38 PM

unless u have atleast two m10s out. a dozer will really suffer
22 Mar 2016, 02:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2016, 02:02 AMAVA
I have always liked Rifle Comp over Armor company as they're somewhat the same. (flamers and a good versatile tank). But i'm unsure about the Sherman Bulldozer. I've only used it once during my whole playtime as it wasn't a success the first time. It's really expensive compared to the other options and it can only make bunkers and do an arty... ? it seems like a dull tank to me, but if i'm wrong please tell me.

So my question to you:

Is it worth the cost? and if yes, when and how do you use it?

It can be pretty good AI - I'll sometimes get 40+ kills with it. Other times I get 0. If I can keep hitting someone with it and backing up to a couple of ATG's or M10's, then it's okay. Any Axis medium tank will kill it quickly if unsupported. Also, it seems like any more than 1 of them is a waste.
27 Mar 2016, 18:32 PM

105 Sherman needs to be screened by your infantry/AT in order to be effective. It is brilliant against bunkers/weapon crews and infantry blobs.

Just make sure to have a slugger and zooks to shield it from panther rush.

Awesome force multiplier that should the capping stone of your force.
27 Mar 2016, 22:11 PM

I've always kind of preferred the m8A1 Scott since it does mostly the same thing.

That said, I love the Brummbar and the Bulldozer sherman is just a baby brummbar.
28 Mar 2016, 08:42 AM

105 sherman is half-shit. It never hit on the move so you need to make sure you stop it every time it fire = requires quite a lot of micro during a fight.
Now when it hit, it hit hard which is good.

Something player tend to forget is to build green cover with it, cover can stop shreck shots or tank shells, it is free so use it.
28 Mar 2016, 15:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2016, 08:42 AMEsxile

Something player tend to forget is to build green cover with it, cover can stop shreck shots or tank shells, it is free so use it.

People forget to build green cover with it because the ability is bugged.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/46817/sherman-bulldozer-making-terrain-cover-bug
29 Mar 2016, 06:44 AM

Yes I know that, but your dozer can stand behind and get lucky with some direct hit avoid by the green cover.
29 Mar 2016, 16:08 PM

I feel like what would make this tank much more viable but not OP is a range buff.
29 Mar 2016, 16:11 PM
Patrion 14

in a real match, i cannot imagine a player thinking "bulldozer is the exactly the thing i need". more like "it could work i guess".

I like it personally but i never get it when it is toe to toe or we have to come back.
29 Mar 2016, 17:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2016, 16:11 PMpigsoup
in a real match, i cannot imagine a player thinking "bulldozer is the exactly the thing i need". more like "it could work i guess".

I like it personally but i never get it when it is toe to toe or we have to come back.

Yeah, the matches I've had in which it was a reasonable purchase I could count on one hand.
30 Mar 2016, 00:17 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

I could make peace with its current performance if it was faster. As it is now it ends up taking so many AT gun shots because its acceleration and top speed are bad.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 46
Poland 10
United States 7
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %