Login

russian armor

Impass Help

20 Feb 2016, 21:05 PM

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone here can help me out, I've put a fair amount of time into my map, but It now seems that I have some bugs in my Impass Map.

For some reason the Impass is showing red on flat ground, that was white before. I've tried regenerating pathfinding and impass only many times to no avail.

Also I am trying to create a bridge. All of the components (stairs, pier) are walk-able, I used the ruler tool to check this, and the bridge works when it is over land, but not when connecting two pieces of land. It seems when testing the soldiers get stuck on the impass red line. I looked on some CoH2 maps to see how the developers implemented bridges and noticed an altered impass map, that is white and would allow soldiers to walk down steep cliffs.

How do you create that, because i think it would help my bridge

Thanks for the time, and hopefully I can get some help, I've worked on this map for quite a while.

P.S. sorry for the formatting, I'm new to this site. Cheers!
21 Feb 2016, 00:34 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Can you post a screen of what you are talking about?

I can't really decipher what the problem is, if you are having a hard time do to heights, or object usage or what. A screen would really help out.

Even if the object is "walkable", it will still generate red on the impass overlay.

If your bridge is too high it will glitch out (this has not been confirmed on CoH 2, this was a bug in vCoH), so maybe try height adjustment.

Other than that it could just be the model you are using isn't coded properly. As you spend more time in the editor you will notice more and more things that simply don't work.

If none of this helps you, post that screen and I will see if I can try to help further.
21 Feb 2016, 02:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2016, 00:34 AMTric
Can you post a screen of what you are talking about?

I can't really decipher what the problem is, if you are having a hard time do to heights, or object usage or what. A screen would really help out.

Even if the object is "walkable", it will still generate red on the impass overlay.

If your bridge is too high it will glitch out (this has not been confirmed on CoH 2, this was a bug in vCoH), so maybe try height adjustment.

Other than that it could just be the model you are using isn't coded properly. As you spend more time in the editor you will notice more and more things that simply don't work.

If none of this helps you, post that screen and I will see if I can try to help further.

The screenshots are linked in my post. Thanks for the help
21 Feb 2016, 18:19 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

The screenshots are linked in my post. Thanks for the help

There are no screens? :(
24 Feb 2016, 14:24 PM

Some possible causes.

Did you use the impass tool and paint impass? It should look like a traffic light button, and it paints similar to "painting" tiles. Left click adds impass, right click removes impass.

There could be objects with height edited to put them under the terrain. Objects that generate impass ignore the height of the object. They could also be above the terrain. If you have a cosmetic object above terrain, make the object visual only. There should be an option for it, when in the object placement tool, and the object is selected.
25 Feb 2016, 01:42 AM
Admin Red  Badge

The links to the images:

https://imgur.com/5cU035Y
https://imgur.com/EjQkwZw
https://imgur.com/4X3gwI8
https://imgur.com/TOuHOPZ

img tags can only take addresses with image files at the end of them, such as .jpg, .png, .gif, etc.. You had linked to a webpage, Cove. Doesn't work.
25 Feb 2016, 07:59 AM

Picture 1: Set the structures state(the one that is under the terrain) to visual!
Picture 2: Set the cliffs state to visual!
Picture 3: it's achieved by using the appropriate objects, in combination with clever usage of visual objects. (example tutorial )
Picture 4: Set the arches state to visual!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 71
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment