Does OKW blob infantry in 1v1
Option Distribution Votes
45%
55%
Total votes: 29
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
20 Feb 2016, 10:22 AM

Permanently Banned
I usually play team matches (with my fried) since i'm afraid of getting pwned alone by Axis. But I was wondering:

Do OKW blob infantry in 1v1 like in team matches?

Or are they more spread out due to the nature of having to hold onto many points?

21 Feb 2016, 11:01 AM

1V1 is very different than team games... in 1V1 you have to control 2 stars at least alone... so usually okw use on eof its wonderfull MF volks grenadier to makes u crazy and the rest of the blob to attack your main position... Long story short... they do blob and at 250MP the group of volks expect to never win until you have either all the map and eradicated the trucks or the end of the points... Most of my games against OKW are 1 hour long
21 Feb 2016, 11:10 AM

Some do, some don't. But I think you see a lot more blobbing in 2v2 and up.
21 Feb 2016, 11:19 AM

I will make u retorical question - does USF blob in 1v1? LoL in my perspective usf blobs even more, and in my strats I do it more with usf than okw.

Does soviets blob when going cons heavy strat, does ost blob in gren heavy strat, etc

IMO only fckin faction i havent seen blobing is UKF (and there i rembered heavy enginer blob, but thats different story). If one has problems with blobs... then make some mgs and demos. (or better rocket artilery) One does not counter blobs with infrantry (if it does... blob wars ;D )
21 Feb 2016, 11:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2016, 11:19 AMArnoLaz
I will make u retorical question - does USF blob in 1v1? LoL in my perspective usf blobs even more, and i even do it more with usf than okw.

Does soviets blob when going cons heavy strat, does ost blob in gren heavy strat, etc

IMO only fckin faction i havent seen blobing is UKF (and there i rembered heavy enginer blob, but thats different story). If one has problems with blobs... then make some mgs and demos. (or better still rocket artilery) One does not counter blobs with infrantry (if it does... blob wars ;D )

Recently jumped back into the game for a bit, got massacred by double bren is with vickers behind. Everyone blobs, now and then relic will give everyone something anti blob then after everyone has worked out strats to avoid it the unit gets nerfed. CalliOP getting a nerf soon, but everyone has already learned how to counter it so its going to get an overnerf. Such fun times!
21 Feb 2016, 11:25 AM

Talking seriously - in what RTS does one not blob? And if we look historicaly, evey attack over no-mans land was blobing ;D

+ I would better see pool to who defines blobing - is it starting from 3 infrantry, 4, 5 or even to some - pair of volks is counted ,,blob''
21 Feb 2016, 11:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2016, 11:25 AMArnoLaz
Talking seriously - in what RTS does one not blob? And if we look historicaly, evey attack over no-mans land was blobing ;D

+ I would better see pool to who defines blobing - is it starting from 3 infrantry, 4, 5 or even to some - pair of volks is counted ,,blob''

I think the easiest definition wont be size but tactics, when you can see that your opponent has just selected all and a moved everything in a direction with no micro involved its a good indicator.
21 Feb 2016, 11:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2016, 11:10 AMTNrg
Some do, some don't. But I think you see a lot more blobbing in 2v2 and up.

+ 1
21 Feb 2016, 11:50 AM

I think the easiest definition wont be size but tactics, when you can see that your opponent has just selected all and a moved everything in a direction with no micro involved its a good indicator.

Exactly, but I have been called blober even with 3 volks and 1 sturm completely spread out over map. And not once. ,,Tactics'' what u call blobing is very easly countered by mines, demos and mgs, and in this its even harder to counter blobs as okw. (espcialy if u counter 4 or more maxims) but all in all, in time u learn to counter everything so its more l2p issue.

IMO all this anti-volk sentiment comes from new guys who think that - the moment they build their precious sherman they have won the game, and they rush it head on into FoW and loose it, and then start whining about it. Personally i love that coh2 aint coh1, and u have much more powerfull antitank means, and games doesnt turn into fckin tank fest, but are more combined arms, as it should be

I'm not talkin about teamgames, cause i see this game more designed as 1v1, teamgames excisting more as flavor for those ,,I only want to play with friends'' guys
21 Feb 2016, 18:23 PM

From what I 've witnessed this far (not at high skill lvl play) OKW players tend to play blob-like*

*Ofc in 1v1 "blobing" isn't the same as in 2v2+.

Most of the time they split Shreke'd-Volks from other AI units (like Sturms, Falls etc) and they run around, disregarding cover and just focusing down your units. Rarely I see the micro'ing I got to do when having a group consisting of 2-3 infantry units.

2 Mar 2016, 11:58 AM

Mostly of the time I see the squads way more spread out surely not blobbing. Of course sometimes they blob to give the extra punch into that fight or finaly break through the lines, but that sounds fair for me.
3 Mar 2016, 10:18 AM

If okw blobs it's a easy (-ier) win. Things are getting alot harder if they actual flank and Harras you from the sides to deny cover, get your backline MG or whatever Support Team or to kill your vehicles. Blobbing is kinda easy to counter as soon as you know how to deal with it
AVA
3 Mar 2016, 11:06 AM

Yeah, you'll see blobbing OKWs, because of Shrecks.
It's really easy to take out vehicles if you blob, but with correctly placed MG's and mortars you'll make it the OKW really hard if he keeps blobbing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★