Login

russian armor

USF LT Tier issues

21 Feb 2016, 03:58 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2016, 03:25 AMTanker

According to "War Thunder" the .50cal HMG have 28mm penetration at ma enough to take down 222 with ease :hyper::loco:

Yeah, I dunno about that, but I've read in a few places that the M2HB using armor-piercing rounds against a 222's armour would be basically be no contest, and the weapon was also pretty reliable against low-flying Me 109s which I think had a similar armour thickness.
21 Feb 2016, 05:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2016, 03:16 AMThamor
o_O

Just wondering if people really even play USF? USF rekts Ostheer early game and it even gets worse with light vehicle play. And now because USF players can't troll 24/7 with their "Self-repairing vehicles" they want the only real counter to be countered instantly when a player goes for it...

And does people even know you don't need captain to have bazookas, just tech them out, use the early power of infantry to have that ammo...

I don't play this game that much as some proplayers here and mainly play ostheer only (like challenge). Have played allies, because my friends want the easier path. USF have always been really strong and the early advantage for map control just make it so much harder for axis.

ps. The early manpower goes to the building, that you have to "BUILD" for you to even get infantry...

I feel this is more about "fix these things cause they aint up to snuff" than counter ze Krupp menace!
LT tier is rather meh compared to the cap, hell even the free unit is worse. LT is meh for the same reason soviet t1 is meh or skipping t2 as ost is inadvisable- AT is a must and if you are skipping the at tier it needs to be worth while, options are what people want.
But the facts are the 222 buff could be HUGE especially vs a tier that doesnt deal damage in set increments (like at guns) and the health increase will actually affect time to kill, they are quite cheap for the potential they will have and that will make captain mandatory vs ost in the same way it is vs okws guaranteed Luchs.

Tldr: 222 buff increases options for ost but has the potential to reduce the options for USF, tho only time will tell
21 Feb 2016, 06:50 AM

HMG pen buff so it can push away 222 would be nice, m20 MP price buff to 270 also
21 Feb 2016, 08:01 AM

Hello guys, I have been playing a lot of 1v1 usf recently, more specifically with the Lieutenant tier, and would like to discuss the timing of the tier as a whole.

Vs. Ostheer, lt tier is almost a necessity to counter the sniper, however the 222 comes very shortly afterwards, and will hard counter the m20 (and lt tier) with its 320 hp buff due to the lack of any true AT in the tier. As a result, it is very hard to get a good flank in to kill the sniper.

OKW on the other hand, counter lt tier even harder, since they can get 1-2 shrecks out by the time the m20 arrives, as well as a very hard counter in the form of the luchs.

I would like to see either one of or both of these changes:

Reduce the build time of the m20. The LT already takes a very long time to build, and the build time of the m20 limits it's impact on the field quite heavily. Ostheer has fausts, and can already softcounter the m20 regardless of t2 being up. This will give USF a little larger of a window to make a play and kill the sniper.

Increase the penetration of the .50 to make it a True soft light vehicle counter. I would like to see the .50 have ~15 pen, so that it can give lt tier a little bit of a defense against enemy vehicles, as well as increase the utility of the .50.

What do you guys think?

I think the people who micro their sniper well are still going to do well with it. I rarely kill one from a good player without having to sacrifice the M20 to do it, which isn't a good trade. Bringing the M20 out earlier probably won't help, and creates the situation where a well-micro'd M20 might roll the Ost player off the map.

It would be nice if Relic changed the tiers so that USF vs OKW didn't have to go 4 rifles into Captain every time. Maybe some of the elite players can go LT when they're playing someone less skilled, but for us mere mortals it ends up being the same boring meta time after time.

Ost has it's own problems. The four-man grenadier squad is lousy. They die way too easily to HE sherman rounds, IS2, etc, etc. I started playing OST in 1v1's and got so annoyed with the random wipes that I finally bought Prostruppen, which felt like P2win at its finest.
21 Feb 2016, 11:27 AM

What do you guys think?

Don't fix what isn't broken. Do you think your proposal will help vs 222 buffed?

If like some people think the 222 hp buff will make it OP, your proposal will absolutely change nothing to that.
So Or Relic increase the 222 fuel/MP price to reflect the unit potential and then automatically increase the windows of use of the M20, or just forget about Lt tier vs Ost.

Imo, Osttruppen + 1 sniper + 222 spam and you'll probably be able to close any match vs USF before T3.
21 Feb 2016, 15:57 PM

I've always had an issue against the LT playing as Ostheer. I think the flak halftrack is very powerful and quite OP so early in the game. USF needs to be reworked.

Platoon CP should have - LT, MG, AT, M20

Company CP should have - CP, AA halftrack, Stewart, 105

Yes, I know that sounds crazy. However, in this configuration, AA halftrack should receive a buff in health and lower oil cost. The upcoming patch should make my suggestion void though. The 222 buff is needed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★