Login

russian armor

Bug - UK Sandbags and Trenches

19 Feb 2016, 18:56 PM

Why is the british incomplete sandbags bug still in the game? Players should have to commit some decent amount of time if they want to block off areas. Is it intentional they be used in the same way as wire to block off green cover for the enemy?

And why can enemy forces not occupy british trenches unlike ostheer trenches which can be occupied by the enemy? Not only does it not make sense from a logical perspective, it's an irritating playstyle. Is this intended?
19 Feb 2016, 19:01 PM

1)Everyone can and everyone does it. Its called ghosting.

2)Because its not free neutral structure like OKW or ost trench, it costs resources, just like bunker and you can't enter it, just like bunker.
19 Feb 2016, 19:14 PM

Ghosting is cancerous and should be removed from the game.

British trenches being player-owned is something I don't like either, but that's debateable.
19 Feb 2016, 19:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2016, 19:01 PMKatitof
1)Everyone can and everyone does it. Its called ghosting.

2)Because its not free neutral structure like OKW or ost trench, it costs resources, just like bunker and you can't enter it, just like bunker.

Just so you know, wehrmacht commander that gives trenches does cost resources for him to build. And it's free for all bar with drinks so all happy people can use them.

British pub trenches don't understand people who don't yell Ding Ding.
19 Feb 2016, 19:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2016, 19:19 PMThamor
Just so you know, wehrmacht commander that gives trenches does cost resources for him to build. And it's free for all bar with drinks so all happy people can use them.

Since when?
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 19 Feb 2016, 21:27 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Why is the british incomplete sandbags bug still in the game? Players should have to commit some decent amount of time if they want to block off areas. Is it intentional they be used in the same way as wire to block off green cover for the enemy?

And why can enemy forces not occupy british trenches unlike ostheer trenches which can be occupied by the enemy? Not only does it not make sense from a logical perspective, it's an irritating playstyle. Is this intended?

1. Whats the Sandbag bug? Could you explain it further? thanks
2. Trench issue is the intended design.
19 Feb 2016, 21:31 PM
Donator 11

1. Whats the Sandbag bug? Could you explain it further? thanks

This is actually not an issue exclusive to Brits, its for all factions. Sandbags, tanktraps, barbed wire, etc. can all be "ghosted." You build just 10% of it and its skeleton remains in the map effectively blocking passage of the enemy.

For example, I can ghost barbwire in front of green cover in about half a second and negate that cover from the enemy or I can ghost tank trap behind a tank and block its pathing when its trying to get away.
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 19 Feb 2016, 22:00 PM
Developer Relic Badge

This is actually not an issue exclusive to Brits, its for all factions. Sandbags, tanktraps, barbed wire, etc. can all be "ghosted." You build just 10% of it and its skeleton remains in the map effectively blocking passage of the enemy.

For example, I can ghost barbwire in front of green cover in about half a second and negate that cover from the enemy or I can ghost tank trap behind a tank and block its pathing when its trying to get away.

OK, thanks. I'll pass it along to the designers
19 Feb 2016, 22:14 PM

I know this is cheesy but you can always shoot it. You get a crosshair over it and everything with infantry.

Im not saying I am in favor of it but it is one way to deal with it.
19 Feb 2016, 23:11 PM

I know this is cheesy but you can always shoot it. You get a crosshair over it and everything with infantry.

The problem is you can't get rid of it in an appropriate amount of time. It would be mostly fine if the infantry can just take a couple of shots at it to knock it down, but as is they take much longer to destroy then to build.
20 Feb 2016, 02:24 AM
Patrion 28

it can be used to fuck over retreats (obviously retreating units can't shoot it). there was a video recently where that happened.
20 Feb 2016, 17:48 PM

it can be used to fuck over retreats (obviously retreating units can't shoot it). there was a video recently where that happened.

I have definitely done this myself and have seen the video, though I never ghost to block cover as I think it is super cheap.

Probably the cruelest thing I have ever done is ghost barbed wire the only door of a building the obnoxious pioneers had occupied while he wasn't looking. He could get out but not retreat.
20 Feb 2016, 18:22 PM

why dont unfinished buildings simply disappear.. after like 10 sec? or limit unfinished buildings to 2? lelic pls
22 Feb 2016, 00:27 AM

I think they fixed this by having the enemy auto attack wire thats not ready yet.
23 Feb 2016, 03:45 AM

axis don't have to worry about sturm rushes taking a dump over them early game

trenches take a long time to build if you think they're annoying then rush early game because it slows down their territory expansion
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 45
unknown 34
Germany 453
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %