Login

russian armor

Pathfinding Bug: using wrong Doors

15 Feb 2016, 21:52 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Pretty much what the video shows. Units tend to use the wrong doors (especially on Kholodny Ferma or Kharkov) and sometimes they are not garrisoning it and rather stay right in front of the door.

Might be a little bit picky, but sometimes the enemy captures the house before your because of that.
15 Feb 2016, 22:01 PM

This have been happening to me also, almost every game, sometimes the squads just choose to take a smoke break next to the door and allow the enemies to get in for no reason, even after clicking them to get in the house 25 times
15 Feb 2016, 22:23 PM

i can confirm this
15 Feb 2016, 22:28 PM

yup + 1 , it's only on some maps and some buildings
Only Relic postRelic 15 Feb 2016, 22:57 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 21:52 PMluvnest

Pretty much what the video shows. Units tend to use the wrong doors (especially on Kholodny Ferma or Kharkov) and sometimes they are not garrisoning it and rather stay right in front of the door.

Might be a little bit picky, but sometimes the enemy captures the house before your because of that.

In the video's case the door they head to is the closest. (Vault-able objects aren't considered.) I will pass this along to the designers.

Thanks

15 Feb 2016, 23:58 PM

my maxims likes to sit infront of doors too.

can confirm
16 Feb 2016, 17:05 PM

In the video's case the door they head to is the closest. (Vault-able objects aren't considered.) I will pass this along to the designers.

Thanks

Not exactly related but sort-of.

Vaultable objects not being considered when pathfinding also causes an issue where a throwable infantry weapon that is just barely out of range with a fence between where the squad is and where the destination on the throwable is.

The result is sending the throwing unit off on an adventure around the fence even when moving 2 ft forward (with the fence being 6 ft away) would have made the throw possible.
16 Feb 2016, 17:07 PM
Director of Social Media Badge

Thanks

Designers are weird. :nahnah:
16 Feb 2016, 17:25 PM

Happens to me all the time on one of the Kharkov houses. Really sucks as the north spawn player for your guys to walk all the way around the house instead of using the door on their side...
16 Feb 2016, 20:59 PM

Arnhem checkpoint "Ami´s house" is bugged too. If troop vault fence it will go all around to get into house not just go to doors that it have almost nnear them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 90

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight