Login

russian armor

USF 1v1 vs. OKW mid rank

A_E
11 Feb 2016, 11:45 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Give me a pep talk, I need to get a grip of myself and work out how to tackle OKW as USF, my rank varies between 500-800 (not enough time to play consistently) - at the moment I come up against a brick wall as USF. If I'm playing well and so is the OKW player I feel I have no chance to win.

Any rough guidelines to pull away and get the 'W'?
11 Feb 2016, 12:41 PM

L2play N00b.

There's your pep talk. <444>3
11 Feb 2016, 13:07 PM

Banned
I agree with Somenbjorn.
L2P fucking noob.
11 Feb 2016, 13:07 PM

2RE 4 rifles stuart,
use as many houses as possible
when you attack, use all your rifles at once (leave no one behind) while capping map with RE
A_E
11 Feb 2016, 13:15 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

2RE 4 rifles stuart,
use as many houses as possible
when you attack, use all your rifles at once (leave no one behind) while capping map with RE

What would you do against fast puma?
11 Feb 2016, 13:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2016, 13:15 PMA_E

AT nade+ FreeCaptain combo.

And always avoid sturms unless you have bars and sitting behind green cover. Get the Pack asap and skip the stuart if you had a muni disadvantage.

Go with AssEngie company if you lost your early game to sturms+kubel combo and come back with m10 blobs. DON'T lose them however.
11 Feb 2016, 13:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2016, 13:15 PMA_E

it's very weak against cpt in houses. i only use cpt to keep him at bay. mostly i don't even get zook or at gun and just ignore the puma.

instead i upgrade my infantry with Bars and Grenades (because OKW has invested a ton of resource in an only-AT vehicle). at this point, i usually have bunkered a lot of ammo (like 300+). i upgrade my rifles with as many bars as possible an get additional RE (flamer when rifle company, otherwise bars). now i have more and better infantry which i use to attack both fuels at the same time and wait for sherman.

you can also alter this a bit by dropping paratroopers and a 50cal.

the biggest problem imo is garrisoned units. usually i get pack howitzer (i can afford it, because no at gun) and barrage every garrisoned house. you could also flank it, i just hate the house mechanics so i use the Hammer method.
11 Feb 2016, 14:10 PM

I'm around the same rank and I find that the "Avoid Strums" is good advice. I've found that in games where I do well as USF is all about managing MP bleed early so you can start snowballing into light vehicles faster.

If you have a bad engagement with Strums you'll waste precious time/MP on reinforcing. Strums and Kubels also do a good job of dinging up models without dropping them - I've found that knowing when to get an Ambulance sooner can help too.

Personally I still like to use Rifle Company vs. OKW just because the Easy 8s make life vs. their more beefy PZ4 easier and WP smoke can be brutal on a forward HQ or if you need to force retreat a shrek blob. Fire Up is situationally good if you need to get space away from Strums or claim a building too.
A_E
11 Feb 2016, 14:33 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

it's very weak against cpt in houses. i only use cpt to keep him at bay. mostly i don't even get zook or at gun and just ignore the puma.

instead i upgrade my infantry with Bars and Grenades (because OKW has invested a ton of resource in an only-AT vehicle). at this point, i usually have bunkered a lot of ammo (like 300+). i upgrade my rifles with as many bars as possible an get additional RE (flamer when rifle company, otherwise bars). now i have more and better infantry which i use to attack both fuels at the same time and wait for sherman.

you can also alter this a bit by dropping paratroopers and a 50cal.

the biggest problem imo is garrisoned units. usually i get pack howitzer (i can afford it, because no at gun) and barrage every garrisoned house. you could also flank it, i just hate the house mechanics so i use the Hammer method.

Solid advice, I like it, thanks.
11 Feb 2016, 17:11 PM

BARs are very good vs OKW.
11 Feb 2016, 18:25 PM

Versus OKW I have the best luck using the ranger/pershing commander. I tend to skip the LT tier, and tech straight to captain before I tech nades/Bars. All riflemen gets Bars, and any lost squads get replaced with rangers. Rangers with Thompsons absolutely SHRED OKW.

Depending on the situation, I will also skip making the AT-gun many times until later in the match, and instead put Bazookas on the RE squad (usually 2). If he's skipped the mechanized regiment and instead built a forward healing base, I buy a howitzer and pretty much shell it nonstop, which can make things very frustrating for the OKW player.

All in all, I tend to start the game with an infantry heavy AI build, and (ideally) keep him off the fuel as much as possible. Vehicle play can be tricky, because many OKW players will waste no time creating a shrek blob.
13 Feb 2016, 04:10 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2016, 13:07 PMNight
I agree with Somenbjorn.
L2P fucking noob.

14 Feb 2016, 00:39 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

I think the tactical support company makes a beautiful counter. You don't have to worry about rifle bleed (REs with an LMG). The only downside is it forces you to rely on AT and mines, or start phasing in bazookas on your infantry. I am around your level of play so I'm not necessarily the authority on this :/
14 Feb 2016, 02:01 AM

Start with double RE on big maps and maps with lots of houses , then into 3 riflemen , then captain.
Camp the cutoffs, and use ur med truck in a forward position.

U MUST ALWAYS BACKTECH TO LT,or in case u know ur opponent went med truck go LT first then captain.

Puma is useless vs current usf meta imo , i only go for puma when my opponent has m20 + AA halftrack and i see captain on the field.
it's countered by zooks on captain on REs real easy in any case.

LMG riflemen are awesome and rape all OKW infantry and match obers , and shermn on HE is the ultimate blob wiper in game .
Anw , my OKW sux so if u wanna play together sometimes that'd be great
XD
14 Feb 2016, 02:37 AM

Part of the issue with OKW is that they are designed to be very hard to squad wipe (to make up for their expensive vehicles) with 5 vet levels and one of the best forward retreat points.

Obviously calliopes can wreck them on retreat to their FRP, but that's a late game thing. I recommend you consider experimenting with airborne company. I've had a lot of success using Thomson paratroopers. They have insane DPS if you get in close or ambush with them, and even if you think a squad is going to escape on retreat simply use the focus fire ability. You'll be cackling like an evil villain in no time.

As a plus, this company gives you both support weapons as drops, so that you're never caught out if you don't double tech.
15 Feb 2016, 16:17 PM

I feel like a prophet always talking about Jesus WC51 rush vs OKW. Here again, I will.

RE start = occupy critical house
1xRE - capping duty
1xRM - waiting at the map entrance
WC51 - load your RM and get a ride. Use the push technique to not let his squad in cover.
2xRM
1xCapt - keep him at your base to faster the next units building time:
1xPak
and in the order you want:
1xStuart
BARs
Grenades

With this cheesy strat, the more the OKW player is pushing you early game the better it is.
1- He put his ST in a house at your cutoff, cap around and rush his cutoff/kubel/volks. You'll see his sturm coming back asap and pick him like a cherry on the top of your birthday cake.
2- he chases your RE with his ST, rush him with the WC51 and rape his ass. Next go for his cutoff/Kubel
3- always focus to take him his fuel point, you have to pay for your 40fuel WC51, so don't lose it, cut his fuel and link it to your HQ the longer you can.
4- Your WC51 and the Rifle inside will vet really fast, I mean do not be surprise to get vet2 in less than 5 minutes.
5- no manpower bleed. If you don't lose your WC51, you'll suffer near to 0 manpower loss.
6- You're pretty sure he goes T1 because he need shreck asap and heal.

The only counter he has early game is to stick his troops together or early raken + fast T1.
But at your level, lower but around mine, you'll pick up each of his squad 1 per 1 and completely destroy him.

tips:
If he goes sturm + kubel push, a WC51 is still a good option, unload your RM in cover at distance of sturm and focus fire on it. Adapt depending on what he is focusing usually your WC51, so unload + retreat the WC51 to keep it at support range.

Do not underestimate the point blank damage of the WV51 crew: if he is rushing your WC51 from flank and you see it cannot make it, press D + T button to unload your RM first (instant) and the crew (3sec delay), you'll ripe him. You can also only press T to unload all of them (3sec delay) but careful to not lose the WC51/crew + your squad because of the delay.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Mexico 26
United Kingdom 153
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak