Login

russian armor

Severely underperforming USF units

8 Feb 2016, 08:28 AM

So here are my ideas for all of these. Who know might be good ideas.

The M8A1- move to pack to lieutenant, and move the M8A1 to Caption and make it 60 fuel. This give each tier a indirect unit and this kind of give the M8A1 a reason to exist. Another idea i had was to swap the M8A1 with the mortar halftrack from Inf commander, and put the mortar halftrack into the lieutenant or caption.

The Greyhound- bring this unit into line with the AEC from the brits. The 3 cp placement of the unit i think is a far place for the power level of the AEC as it is right now.

The WC51- make it cost 200 man power. Done and done. Answer to any argument..........Kuble.

Major ARty- change it with with the IR pathfinders from recon doctrine. It a good arty strike at the end of the day.

Both IR pathfinders. Limit the unit to one limit, and increase the crit range on there rifle to the same level as jagger inf. Also make these units have no weapon slots. Then to add a little flavor keep the arty call in on the IR PAthfinders, but Giver the airborne IR pathfinders a snipe ablility for like 5 or 10 ammo. If the ability gets 100% hit on a mottle (every when retreating) then it needs to be 30 to 40 ammo.

Bulldozer- sherman needs a hold down mode like the KV 2 the is increases is range and accuracy but has a set up and tear down time. Give the americans, which lack good inderect options, in there core army, another good commander unit that can fill the gap.

M1- at gun just make the at round standard and increase mp cost to 300. AT gun are fall back units to help you try and get back into a game. So AT guns need to be able to do their job with out having to pay for it with ammo, or else the unit is not a fall back unit. Which means it is worthless, or close to it.

Assault engs- add one man at vet one. All they really need is another gun on them to give them time to wind up there damage.

M3 halftrack- replace with m5. I got nothing for this guy, every role this guy dose the ambulance dose better. Other then taking one more at gun round to the face. still not worth 250 manpower and 20 more fuel you pay for it i my opinion.

At the end of the day i would like to see the american have a lot of the wight taken off the riflemen and placed on other units. One thing that people need to understand is the rifleman is a crutch, that you have to build at least 3 of before you can even diversify you army. SO they had to be good. I think that some of these changes will help take that wight off, but at the end of the day there had to be a change in core army before we can achieve these.

So whats every one thing.
8 Feb 2016, 09:05 AM

You forgot about epic recon para drop for 700MP :foreveralone:

It's 900 mp
8 Feb 2016, 09:59 AM

Crap, I could swear it's 700MP... But since it's 900MP it's even more crappy :foreveralone:
8 Feb 2016, 12:36 PM

M8A1 Scott needs a major buff no doubt about that,
Major arty needs fixing,
and the Recon doc para's are overpriced and under-performing!
8 Feb 2016, 21:17 PM

Airborne? Pathfinders (both kinds)? M20? M8A1? Assault engies? Greyhound? RE beyond the first? halftrack? Bulldozer? Dodge? Ain't nobody got time for those.

Some of these units may not be meta, but they are still viable. Everyone knows Bar-finders are pretty beastly, and I think the 4 minute M20 is pretty damn potent, especially if you're playing OST that is relying on MG42s / Snipers or OKW that isn't rushing a quick Luchs. Not to mention how amazing M6 mines can be, if not in the early game (when Axis player are sweeping) but potentially later on if you can keep your M20 alive. Plus free bazooka. Assault Engineers are also pretty great w/ flamers + can place mines, demo charges, etc.

Greyhound and Scott are undeniably trash and never seen.

Its just dumb how much better the newer USF commanders are than some of the old ones.
8 Feb 2016, 21:58 PM

i can confirm that bar pathfinders with vet are quite beastly.
8 Feb 2016, 22:05 PM

To be fair about bar pathfinders, they are very, very vulnerable to weapon drops.

I would add the numerous recon abilities in commander trees when recon comes standard in the Major. Technically different, but is it really different enough to justify the loss of a better commander ability?

Paradrop weapons seem less than useful and too expensive since USF has to tech up everything.
9 Feb 2016, 01:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Feb 2016, 12:36 PMakula
M8A1 Scott needs a major buff no doubt about that,
Major arty needs fixing,
and the Recon doc para's are overpriced and under-performing!
I guess M8 is not viable because USF simply have no adequate tools to defend it against Panther. When panther rushes for it, you cannot scare it with Jackson. More likely, panther will hunt down Jackson. And then blitz away with it :foreveralone:
9 Feb 2016, 01:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2016, 01:22 AMMLad
I guess M8 is not viable because USF simply have no adequate tools to defend it against Panther. When panther rushes for it, you cannot scare it with Jackson. More likely, panther will hunt down Jackson. And then blitz away with it :foreveralone:

Ye fuck rifles and their snare, better leave your vehicles Alone at the front, and complain in forums about getting bumrushed D:
9 Feb 2016, 02:04 AM

Ye fuck rifles and their snare, better leave your vehicles Alone at the front, and complain in forums about getting bumrushed D:
Smoke and flank, keep you rifles everywhere and blablabla. Theorizing of the games never was that simple
9 Feb 2016, 02:25 AM
Donator 11

I remember that in coh1 stuart had canister shot and it was completely fine. Maybe lets just copy the stats?
9 Feb 2016, 02:30 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I remember that in coh1 stuart had canister shot and it was completely fine. Maybe lets just copy the stats?

I'm pretty sure Stuarts were later though, giving the one-shotting somewhat more justification. And it'd stay about as gimmicky as it was before by delaying it just the same and getting CoH1 Canister Shot since the rest of the vehicle is blah and not very tough for a later timing.
9 Feb 2016, 02:36 AM

How about making the M8A1 and Bulldozer direct fire units again. Same with the Brumbar. For consistency all three units would be limited to direct fire for auto attack but each would have a barrage ability that allows it to arch shots over cover like they currently do. This way these units would actually be able to hit moving infantry consistently instead of only being effective vs stationary units or when attack ground is used. In return the AoE profile and scatter of all three vehicles would have to be adjusted but it should be possible to create a profile that has a similar kill radius (damage >80) as a T34 or P4 round while having a much larger non-kill radius (damabe <80). That way these tanks wouldn't 1-shot squads but could pose a serious threat to infantry with repeated hits.

Another even simpler fix would be to just speed up projectile speed and increase the AoE radius of the M8A1 so it can actually kill infantry without a direct hit.
9 Feb 2016, 02:52 AM

Paradrop weapons seem less than useful and too expensive since USF has to tech up everything.
I don't understand why they didn't just use the same system as COH1. Paradropping unmanned non-doc weapns is such a stupid ability. It's just so much cheaper to buy them.

The only benefit is that you don't need to tech, but either way you have atleast one useless ability.
Uhu
9 Feb 2016, 03:46 AM

I don't understand why they didn't just use the same system as COH1. Paradropping unmanned non-doc weapns is such a stupid ability. It's just so much cheaper to buy them.

The only benefit is that you don't need to tech, but either way you have atleast one useless ability.

It's rarely used and for a good reason.

Besides avoiding tech, I believe it was meant to be dropped with paras behind enemy lines. The paras can man the weapons and reinforce with the beacons nearby. It's a neat idea, but it's difficult and costly to pull off. I've only used this method once or twice (to good effect, but we were already winning).
Uhu
9 Feb 2016, 03:53 AM

Regarding the greyhound, the canister shot is okay. Facing it pre-nerf was a nightmare. Use the canister shot and *poof* an axis squad disappears. I'd rather have the canister ability reduce the receiving squad's health (and maybe stunning them). This minimizes the RNG factor and allows it to work in sync with Rifles to pick off the grens.

Generally, the greyhound is in a weird spot. It fills the role of a fast scout vehicle, but we have also have an M20 that can plant mines. It also does not scale well into-late game.

I wrote out my thoughts in another topic. Keeping with the commander 'flavour', it's veterancy bonuses should be changed:
>Vet1: Gains ability "Recon Tracking"; Similar to the USSR T-70 ability, the greyhound will temporarily (20s) have an increased sight radius and track infantry on the minimap. The drawback: the greyhound's movements will slow down by ~50% and the main gun will not fire.
>Vet2: Increased line of sight. (+ established vet bonuses)
>Vet3: Increase the line of sight of nearby infantry and vehicles. (+ established vet bonuses)

It will be a good recon vehicle early game, and it can provide passive support in mid-late game when it's no longer useful on the front lines. Its fragility will balance out its bonuses.
9 Feb 2016, 07:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2016, 03:53 AMUhu
Regarding the greyhound, the canister shot is okay. Facing it pre-nerf was a nightmare. Use the canister shot and *poof* an axis squad disappears. I'd rather have the canister ability reduce the receiving squad's health (and maybe stunning them). This minimizes the RNG factor and allows it to work in sync with Rifles to pick off the grens.

Generally, the greyhound is in a weird spot. It fills the role of a fast scout vehicle, but we have also have an M20 that can plant mines. It also does not scale well into-late game.

I wrote out my thoughts in another topic. Keeping with the commander 'flavour', it's veterancy bonuses should be changed:
>Vet1: Gains ability "Recon Tracking"; Similar to the USSR T-70 ability, the greyhound will temporarily (20s) have an increased sight radius and track infantry on the minimap. The drawback: the greyhound's movements will slow down by ~50% and the main gun will not fire.
>Vet2: Increased line of sight. (+ established vet bonuses)
>Vet3: Increase the line of sight of nearby infantry and vehicles. (+ established vet bonuses)

It will be a good recon vehicle early game, and it can provide passive support in mid-late game when it's no longer useful on the front lines. Its fragility will balance out its bonuses.

it would however need increased range to make it somewhat useful when its not really killing infantry..
9 Feb 2016, 07:34 AM

Even the USF at gun could be better, even devm says the units not worth it typically

The USF AT gun would be much better if it just gave green cover to the crew and wasn't so prone to being wiped. Would be nice if the AP rounds were a little less expensive. I've had one do 20k damage in a 1v1 before, but in a 4v4 the stupid amounts of indirect make them worthless.
Uhu
9 Feb 2016, 22:33 PM

it would however need increased range to make it somewhat useful when its not really killing infantry..

That's a good suggestion. It'll work. Treat the canister shot like an instant WP smoke shot.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 32
United States 2
South Africa 1
unknown 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %