Login

russian armor

Severely underperforming USF units

7 Feb 2016, 15:39 PM

So there are four units in USF's unit composition that are close to being absolutely worthless now.

The M8A1 is the most ninja nerfed unit in the game with its AOE nerfed multiple times for no reason. I havent seen it in ages, it really is inferior to the Sherman in every way. Make it deal consistent and effective damage again.

The Greyhound used to be a solid unit with a great canister shot, but once it got its canister nerfed and main gun buffed a little bit to compensate it got extinct, along with the doctrine. I would buff its canister shot again, along with a small armor buff so it cant get beaten by a Luchs easily without support. Also, fix the bugs of the doctrine, add some extra flavour to the IR pathfinders and change the paratrooper call in group.

The WC51 costs 20 fuel for no reason and has trouble beating a Kübel atm which can cap at an increased rate and fight reasonably well at a distance. It also costs no fuel. Do something with the WC51.
The M3 halftrack call in in the same doctrine could also use a juicy buff as the vehicle you get for the price is a sad joke.

Fixing these units and doctrines would cause more variety to be present, the changes wouldnt be very hard to do.

Any thoughts?
7 Feb 2016, 15:40 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Major Arty barrage too
7 Feb 2016, 15:44 PM

M8A1 - ninja nerfed, relic probably isint aware of the ninja nerf

M8 greyhound - canister shot nerfed and then main gun ninja nerfed (probably isint aware)

WC-51 less armor, slower, less DPS than M3, more expensive (intended? )

M3 HT - 180 health instead of 320. Even the american M5 has 320 health... Why? is it intended?

But i honestly don't have much hope for any of these units. Relic does occasionally nerf OP units, but to actually buff useless units... No, that wont happen.

7 Feb 2016, 15:47 PM

Canister shot wasnt a great skill, it was a "you see grenadiers and... Are gone"
7 Feb 2016, 15:49 PM

USF definitely has the longest list of underpowered units and abilities.

Advanced vehicle crews and the 105 sherman might as well be added to the list too. Not to mention every single ability in recon.

Relic really needs to start getting to some of these.
7 Feb 2016, 16:30 PM
Patrion 14

Don't forget about Pathfinders :( please Relic, make them spawn out of buildings, they're way too expensive to call in and to reinforce.

I agree with the entire list, the scott is so worthless man, it has no pushing power, it's a waste of fuel. The building time is insane as well.
7 Feb 2016, 16:37 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2016, 16:30 PMLooney
Don't forget about Pathfinders :( please Relic, make them spawn out of buildings, they're way too expensive to call in and to reinforce.

I agree with the entire list, the scott is so worthless man, it has no pushing power, it's a waste of fuel. The building time is insane as well.

I think to maintain price, they could only spawn out of buildings in friendly territory?

I&R pathfinders should have four men and be combat effective as well. Do they have the scoped rifles w/ sniper ability at a certain health like pathfinders? If they don't they're useless for everything except their artillery.

The riflemen increased sight should be combined with the riflemen flares from Rifle company for a recon package. Would make the most sense, I think. Would give that recon commander some extra oomph.
7 Feb 2016, 16:54 PM

Canister shot wasnt a great skill, it was a "you see grenadiers and... Are gone"

which is funny, because that's how can rounds worked in real life...
7 Feb 2016, 17:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

which is funny, because that's how can rounds worked in real life...

Video game though man.

But yeah, canister rounds are shit now.
7 Feb 2016, 17:20 PM
Patrion 14

I think to maintain price, they could only spawn out of buildings in friendly territory?

I&R pathfinders should have four men and be combat effective as well. Do they have the scoped rifles w/ sniper ability at a certain health like pathfinders? If they don't they're useless for everything except their artillery.

The riflemen increased sight should be combined with the riflemen flares from Rifle company for a recon package. Would make the most sense, I think. Would give that recon commander some extra oomph.

I&R pathfinders are fine, most deadly and 3 CP arty in the game. Best arty hands down.

And why not in enemy territory like all other spawn out of building units?
7 Feb 2016, 17:23 PM
Patrion 14

They should've just removed the auto locking, so you could dodge it, and less area of effect damage.
It would become a more skill ability then a no brain click ability back then.
7 Feb 2016, 17:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2016, 17:20 PMLooney

I&R pathfinders are fine, most deadly and 3 CP arty in the game. Best arty hands down.

And why not in enemy territory like all other spawn out of building units?

the arty is locked at 6cps as far as i know..
7 Feb 2016, 17:53 PM
Patrion 27

I touched on a few of these issues a while ago: This

There is no requirement for the I&R arty.
7 Feb 2016, 17:55 PM

It's 3 cp
7 Feb 2016, 18:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2016, 17:23 PMLooney

They should've just removed the auto locking, so you could dodge it, and less area of effect damage.
It would become a more skill ability then a no brain click ability back then.

Actually, right now it wouldnt be that problematic since units like grenadiers have his models well separated
7 Feb 2016, 18:15 PM

M8A1 sux since major became 120 fuel and axis medium armor play became more effective. It's dead unit, 99% dead.

If you need artillery - buy pack howitzer and calliOPe, M8A1 is unit without role in this army.
7 Feb 2016, 18:27 PM

who cares about those craps, calliope doc is all you need
7 Feb 2016, 19:43 PM

Even the USF at gun could be better, even devm says the units not worth it typically
7 Feb 2016, 20:03 PM

You forgot about epic recon para drop for 700MP :foreveralone:
7 Feb 2016, 20:13 PM
Patrion 14

Even the USF at gun could be better, even devm says the units not worth it typically

USF AT gun best in the game for it's cost, 270 MP and insane veterancy bonuses.
I've killed so many tanks with those things if they get vet.

When they nerf the Werfer it'll be in a perfect spot.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★