Login

russian armor

How do i take out building MGs early game?

5 Feb 2016, 15:15 PM

I come from the hard school of coh; i've played little coh2. Back in coh I'd get a flamer and flank and toast em, but now only armour gets flamers "assault engineers" and they take ages to get. Nades seem to be shit as always.

what do you guys do?
5 Feb 2016, 15:16 PM

also the ability to set your MG's direction of fire from a building in coh2 and so easily too sorta fucks my old school riflespam flanking tactics if there's more than one mg
5 Feb 2016, 22:10 PM
Patrion 14

can you avoid it?

i think grenade is the best choice.
5 Feb 2016, 22:50 PM

Avoid the building until T3 pak howi if you don't want to use nade.
6 Feb 2016, 01:24 AM
Donator 22

Smoke grenade and mass attack.
6 Feb 2016, 04:24 AM

how do i get smoke, and how quickly can i get it?

i used to use smoke with my mortars in coh1 as both americans and wehr all the time (wait did americans get smoke on their mortars? i cant remember)
6 Feb 2016, 04:25 AM

i fkn have a hard time avoiding them man, especially in games vs my mates. when some cunt puts an mg in a key building it's like a personal challenge and insult to me i gotta kill it
6 Feb 2016, 06:39 AM
Donator 22

how do i get smoke, and how quickly can i get it?

i used to use smoke with my mortars in coh1 as both americans and wehr all the time (wait did americans get smoke on their mortars? i cant remember)

When you tech for grenades, you also automatically get smoke grenades.
6 Feb 2016, 18:00 PM

i fkn have a hard time avoiding them man, especially in games vs my mates. when some cunt puts an mg in a key building it's like a personal challenge and insult to me i gotta kill it

Actual meta is garrisoning critical houses first and then moving around. You can start with:

1RE start
1xRE
3xRM
Capt/Lieutenant

Use your RE to garrison and cap and your RM to push.

If you are vs Ostheer, include early grenade in your BO, the better is after your Lieutnant/M20 or Capt/Stuart, but if you need them before, do not hesitate.

Vs OKW, you don't really need them before M20 or Stuart.
11 Feb 2016, 03:28 AM

I found a good tactic actually.When you see a mg setting up in a building , go near to it and start firng. When it has set up ,go around it and continue fire .
13 Feb 2016, 14:04 PM

I found a good tactic actually.When you see a mg setting up in a building , go near to it and start firng. When it has set up ,go around it and continue fire .

Instant set-up make it complicated.
13 Feb 2016, 15:14 PM

i think mg in bulding should be more micro to use.. maybe detete that mg can automaticaly change positon in hause, damn that would be osom
14 Feb 2016, 16:18 PM

Permanently Banned
There's a handful of ways to counter an MG early game. However, the odds are stacked against you so it'll depend on luck/rng, the map, and etc.

Something I learnt: Grenades do (more) damage against MG crews in building when you throw the grenade AT the crewman. Just throwing your grenade into the building isn't enough. Often, depending on the building size, the grenade will do little to no damage if you throw the frag at an empty spot. But if you throw it at the individual MG crew members, you are certain to get a kill or more (smaller buildings=higher chance of MG squad wipe).

Another thing I learnt is: RUSH for the building. A good way of preventing the MG from setting up is if you go directly to the building that they'd use against you. Often it'll be a building next to the fuel depot. It's especially potent when the German MG team is JUST about to enter, meaning your RE or RIflemen get to kill off a few MG squad members before it retreats.

The downside is that you need to be really quick when giving your units orders to garrison the building. Also the map/starting location matters a lot. And if you happen to face OKW units too, then their Volksgrenadiers with their flame grenades will be pretty dangerous. Not to mention the Sturmpioneers who will utterly murder your units at close range, even when you're inside the building with their STG 44s >_<

Smoke grenades are useful too, though it is annoying how long the animation takes, and often the MG will get a volley off at my smoking Riflemen before my smoke lands on the ground, meaning they'll be suppressed. It also sucks that you have to upgrade to frags/smokes (which cost quite a lot, when OKW and Wehr will get grenades no matter what since it's not an upgrade but rather part of the building phases) AND it's 15 munitions to use when the Soviet and Wehr mortars fire smoke rounds for free

But i digressed... Throw Frags DIRECTLY at the MG crew, rush for the buildings, and/or use smokes to get close enough to toss a grenade.
2 Mar 2016, 19:09 PM

There's a handful of ways to counter an MG early game. However, the odds are stacked against you so it'll depend on luck/rng, the map, and etc.

Something I learnt: Grenades do (more) damage against MG crews in building when you throw the grenade AT the crewman. Just throwing your grenade into the building isn't enough. Often, depending on the building size, the grenade will do little to no damage if you throw the frag at an empty spot. But if you throw it at the individual MG crew members, you are certain to get a kill or more (smaller buildings=higher chance of MG squad wipe).

Another thing I learnt is: RUSH for the building. A good way of preventing the MG from setting up is if you go directly to the building that they'd use against you. Often it'll be a building next to the fuel depot. It's especially potent when the German MG team is JUST about to enter, meaning your RE or RIflemen get to kill off a few MG squad members before it retreats.

The downside is that you need to be really quick when giving your units orders to garrison the building. Also the map/starting location matters a lot. And if you happen to face OKW units too, then their Volksgrenadiers with their flame grenades will be pretty dangerous. Not to mention the Sturmpioneers who will utterly murder your units at close range, even when you're inside the building with their STG 44s >_<

Smoke grenades are useful too, though it is annoying how long the animation takes, and often the MG will get a volley off at my smoking Riflemen before my smoke lands on the ground, meaning they'll be suppressed. It also sucks that you have to upgrade to frags/smokes (which cost quite a lot, when OKW and Wehr will get grenades no matter what since it's not an upgrade but rather part of the building phases) AND it's 15 munitions to use when the Soviet and Wehr mortars fire smoke rounds for free

But i digressed... Throw Frags DIRECTLY at the MG crew, rush for the buildings, and/or use smokes to get close enough to toss a grenade.

^This.

He nails it from top to bottom. Just like to emphasize. Most maps there are key buildings they will send their MG crews to garrison. Take those buildings! It helps big time. If you don't think your riflemen will make in time before their MG, garrison the building with your RE, and then swap it out with the Riflemen when he shows up. That way you get maximum killing power on the MG because he will undoubtedly be just around the corner or just about the garrison the building himself.

I swear by that tactic.
2 Mar 2016, 21:20 PM

I keep running into the problem of the machinegun just setting up in green cover and shooting me out of the building
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★