Login

russian armor

Things relic just keeps ignoring

4 Feb 2016, 23:36 PM

1.Panzerwerfer is OP and also pins, but katyusha barely does damage and fires very slowly, also the katyusha doesn't pin and costs practically the same.

2.OKW gets free flame nades, Soviets have to research the slow-throwing molotov

3.Wehrmacht gets free panzerfaust, Soviets have to research AT nades and riflemen have to wait until vet 1

4. T-34/76 is in the same tier as panther, seriously?

5.OKW can build all their armor in their second halftrack deployment, Wehr has to research, Soviets have to build all the vay for their weak tanks, Brits also need a lot of teching. And no other faction's Tank-producing building can lock down a teritory and serve as AA.

6.Panzerfusiliers are the only 6-man squad besides ostruppen, but they become elite infantry once they get G43. Also AT rifle nades.

7.Wehr sniper has the same HP as Soviet sniper, which is a two man squad. Soviet snnipers are just a MP sink, worse accuracy, and very weak.

8.Conscripts are the only infantry without a non doctrinal weapon. They are useless in late game because of this.
4 Feb 2016, 23:41 PM

1.Panzerwerfer is OP and also pins, but katyusha barely does damage and fires very slowly, also the katyusha doesn't pin and costs practically the same.

2.OKW gets free flame nades, Soviets have to research the slow-throwing molotov

3.Wehrmacht gets free panzerfaust, Soviets have to research AT nades and riflemen have to wait until vet 1

5.OKW can build all their armor in their second halftrack deployment, Wehr has to research, Soviets have to build all the vay for their weak tanks, Brits also need a lot of teching. And no other faction's Tank-producing building can lock down a teritory and serve as AA.

6.Panzerfusiliers are the only 6-man squad besides ostruppen, but they become elite infantry once they get G43. Also AT rifle nades.

7.Wehr sniper has the same HP as Soviet sniper, which is a two man squad. Soviet snnipers are just a MP sink, worse accuracy, and very weak.

8.Conscripts are the only infantry without a non doctrinal weapon. They are useless in late game because of this.

T1 is the cost for panzerfaust. OKW is getting side-teching costs soon and I dont know whats up with the rifleman AT Nade vet 1 thing, relic vigorously said they wont change it. The Katyusha and Panzerwerfer thing is an asymmetrical thing or something like that. Those other stuff are not issues except conscripts and the wehr sniper thing you mentioned.
4 Feb 2016, 23:48 PM
Senior Editor Badge

OKW is getting side-teching costs soon

Is this confirmed pls?
4 Feb 2016, 23:48 PM

Panzerwerfer does more burst, Katyusha does more dps.
If OKW doesnt get flame nades, no way they can clear mg out of building.
Wehrmacht pazerfaust only is a support thing, they have lack of AT early game.
T-34/76 is just bad over all anywhere beyone 2v2, other than that they are decent and cheap. AA in my opinion is bad. Paznerfusiliers are op and scale very well, but wihtout strom pio they can get owned by shock ez. Wehr sniper has better cloack, but you can make more mistake with soviet snipers. Try 2 snipers with guards infantry. I found it pretty op in 2v2. Especially when u have target vehicle ability.
Cons are really bad core infantry compare to other factions, but they are cheap and massive. I found the best way to play soviet is varity of units. Unlike other faction, you can just build cons and win the game. Only in 1v1.
4 Feb 2016, 23:49 PM

Is this confirmed pls?

Yeah Relic is preparing to release that change it seems. As it is already in CoH2 Files.
4 Feb 2016, 23:52 PM

Cant take it seriously while all your points about "Axis OP" and none about allies. Just says you play only allies (soviets i guess)
5 Feb 2016, 00:16 AM
Benefactor 392

1.Panzerwerfer is OP

2.OKW gets free flame nades,

3.Wehrmacht gets free panzerfaust,

5.OKW can build all their armor in their second halftrack deployment,

7.Wehr sniper has the same HP as Soviet sniper,

8.Conscripts are useless

I condensed this for you my friend.
5 Feb 2016, 00:41 AM

Forgetting the fact that you get soviet T4 before osthern T3...
5 Feb 2016, 01:37 AM

something else that i feel is rather problematic (in any mode with teammates) is the HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE damage reduction from teammates... like i get the idea behind it... but... ive had a team mate hit an enemy position with a PW while i had units ontop of the enemy and didnt even take a lick of damage while their whole cluster was wiped (survivors of the barrage were suppressed and executed by sturms)... really takes the "tactical" out of tactical RTS

team killing is an issue for sure but if the enemy REALLY wants to ruin the game for the team the things that can do it aren't affected - demo charges, friendly mines triggered by explosions, AT gun attack ground on base, molitovs

ALSO the problem with soviet t4 vs wehr t4 is that the wehr t4 is supposed to be the answer to late game, whereas soviet t4 is supposed to come BEFORE the end game and gain vet to BECOME an answer to late game (see machine gun su85 for details)

all end tiers should hold an equal end game potential out of the box, symmetrically of course, but all have the same potential- losing a vet 3 su85 hurts a hell of a lot more than losing a vet 3 panther IMO (costs aside) because almost all of the su85s potential is tied up in vet, whereas replacing the panther still leaves you with a high pen, high armoured tank hunter, less durable slightly but effective none the less

brit comet and churchy are the only non doc armour that the panther will bounce... ever. the panther is an anwser to even the heaviest armoured medium tanks (E8) out of the box 100% pen chance 100% of the time...
su85 has a chance to bounce brummbar, panther, KT (obviously lol), p4 with skirts/ okw p4, JP4....

ive seen a vet 3 and a vet 2 su85 fail to pen a tiger once while the fired 800rpm at it until they died
ivve also seen a fresh su85 pen 4 shots in a row vs a KT
you cant plan around RNG of that level, in in the end game thats all the soviet have..

obviously the price difference is a huge factor, but what ends up happening is that the most expensive final tier TD the soviet field non doc isnt even reliable vs all the axis can throw at it without a doctrine. the fact that you are better off not teching and spamming the su76 says alot about soviet t4....

reliability> RoF
guaranteed DPS>>>>>>Potential DPS

because of that soviet t4 blows... but i mean... having the t34/76 in there is pretty much enough to show the quality of the tier...

ALSO sorry about the text wall
TLDR
- add reduced team damage to that list, it ruins tactical teamplay
- soviet t4 is not an end game tier because it lacks reliability vs even mid game units

P.P.S that was NOT a panther OP rant, but instead an SU85 UP
panther is fine and balanced imo
5 Feb 2016, 02:28 AM

The Katyusha and Panzerwerfer thing is an asymmetrical thing or something like that.

Asymmetrical? that is just a load of shit. Panzerwerfer pins, does more damage, costs the same and fires faster.

I swear when axis units are OP it's always ''asymmetrical balance''.

5 Feb 2016, 03:51 AM

The only thing Relic ignores are whine threads
5 Feb 2016, 04:04 AM

IS2 Projectile bug. You aim west and it lands east.

PW is fine. T34 if it is to remain in T4 its price needs to be changed to 60FU/260MP.
5 Feb 2016, 04:19 AM

IS2 Projectile bug. You aim west and it lands east.

PW is fine. T34 if it is to remain in T4 its price needs to be changed to 60FU/260MP.

Panzerwerfer is fine?

Bahahaaaahaahahaa. It is far from fine. Asymmetrical balance my ass. PW is broken, Katyusha is not. I know this has been said like 9000 times, but all the rocket arty needs to be nerfed to katy level.

Also, 6F0/260MP T34 is way too spammable. It is shit, but not THAT shit.
5 Feb 2016, 04:28 AM

StuG TD, PGrens, LMG42s and TWP are bigger balance breakers than the PW. Yes it is fine.

Not exactly spammable, and yeah there is a reason it is called the shittiest thing in coh2.
5 Feb 2016, 04:30 AM

^ Your trolling is way too obvious.
5 Feb 2016, 04:46 AM

Wow, this guy....
All you've done is made a list of some of the faction differences that go in favour of the axis, and call that a balance thread.

Let's try this from another side. ie. Things relic just keeps ignoring part 2
1. Maxim mgs are on wheels and can move and setup with relative ease. No axis mgs have this capability. Oh wait, okw don't even have a non doc mg.
2. Usf vehicle crews can get out and repair the vehicles. Axis doesn't get this. Whine whine whine...
3. Soviets get 2 people sniper teams, so counter sniping them is more tricky. Bla bla bla
4. Brits get a variety of emplacements and they can't be decrewed and they can also brace against damage. Boo hoo, boo hoo.
5. Usf get free smoke grenades when they tech to their other grenades. Balance pls.
6. Allied AAHT and Centaur are vastly superior to okw AAHT....
7. Soviets get 6 man squads as standard. So unfair.
8. Usf get a mobile frp. Come on relic.
9. Soviets AT gun has serious AI capabilities.
10. Better players win against me. Nerf nerf nerf.

Need I go on?
5 Feb 2016, 04:55 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The only thing Relic ignores are whine threads

But everyone keeps telling me the shit units are from Relic nerfing them into the ground due to whining :S
5 Feb 2016, 05:03 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2016, 04:46 AMRappy
Wow, this guy....
All you've done is made a list of some of the faction differences that go in favour of the axis, and call that a balance thread.

Let's try this from another side. ie. Things relic just keeps ignoring part 2
1. Maxim mgs are on wheels and can move and setup with relative ease. No axis mgs have this capability. Oh wait, okw don't even have a non doc mg.
2. Usf vehicle crews can get out and repair the vehicles. Axis doesn't get this. Whine whine whine...
3. Soviets get 2 people sniper teams, so counter sniping them is more tricky. Bla bla bla
4. Brits get a variety of emplacements and they can't be decrewed and they can also brace against damage. Boo hoo, boo hoo.
5. Usf get free smoke grenades when they tech to their other grenades. Balance pls.
6. Allied AAHT and Centaur are vastly superior to okw AAHT....
7. Soviets get 6 man squads as standard. So unfair.
8. Usf get a mobile frp. Come on relic.
9. Soviets AT gun has serious AI capabilities.
10. Better players win against me. Nerf nerf nerf.

Need I go on?

You forgot call-in 6 men squads shouldn't be elite, nerf guards and shocks.
5 Feb 2016, 05:03 AM

This game has 5 factions.The balance team considers the whole balance,not just one or two factions.l2p
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight