Login

russian armor

Does anyone ever build raks?

4 Feb 2016, 19:13 PM
Patrion 39

Why build raks when you can get volkshreks? I feel its a small trade off in AT power for much more AI, utility and 360deg arc. And i dobt mind the muni ecpenditure.

You can get 2 shreks out by AEC, keep them paired and its a decent enough counter and cant get flanked. Late game i prefer keeping the more mobile shreks with my panther rather than raks. What do you guys think? How do you guys get the most out of the cloak ability?
4 Feb 2016, 19:25 PM

I don't use it immediately, but I prefer to have this thing around when something like the US halftrack comes out. Plus, it is a good option an OKW player goes with a Sturmpio opening where they lack AT weapons.
5 Feb 2016, 18:08 PM

I only use them while playing with a commander that has trenches, the firing arc is so sweet MVGame
6 Feb 2016, 20:04 PM

It also has cloak, so while your opponent is using his AEC to pick off volks models you can set up to fire without them knowing. They are useful, but unlike other factions which depend on AT guns OKW can get by without using them.

Remember at vet 1 they move almost as fast in and out of cloak, almost no way to go wrong there.
6 Feb 2016, 20:39 PM
Senior Editor Badge

You can get 2 shreks out by AEC

Yeah, ideally, you can do a lot of things before your opponent gets out a fast light vehicle, but that's always assuming you're playing against someone of equal skill level and rather equal map control.

If you're down and can't afford the muni, raktens may be your only AT or a great supplement to a single schreck
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★