Login

russian armor

Units Walking around while Suppressed

3 Feb 2016, 01:10 AM

Anyone notice that? Like say you have an MG shooting away at a Volks squad. The ! symbol will pop up over the volks head but they will keep running for about 2-3 seconds and THEN fall to the ground. This doesn't just apply to volks but any infantry. That can make countering blobs a real pain in the ass.

Or no joke I had a vickers fire a whole burst of it's MG on a point blank SturmPio squad and it didn't get suppressed and walked in back of it and killed it. Like, what's going on there? Suppression feels like it just works when it wants to.
3 Feb 2016, 01:23 AM

I've seen this a lot too. It can be especially annoying with maxims; the yellow warning sign will pop up over an enemy squad, but the squad will continue to run and occasionally make it out of the arc.
3 Feb 2016, 01:36 AM

Or no joke I had a vickers fire a whole burst of it's MG on a point blank SturmPio squad and it didn't get suppressed and walked in back of it and killed it. Like, what's going on there? Suppression feels like it just works when it wants to.

Takes 2 burst from Vickers to suppress units.
3 Feb 2016, 02:35 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's probably a bug like when you retreat a unit except instead they dick around for a sec or two before bolting for it.

Takes 2 burst from Vickers to suppress units.

Nah, every HMG will suppress at point blank in one burst.
3 Feb 2016, 03:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2016, 02:35 AMVuther
It's probably a bug like when you retreat a unit except instead they dick around for a sec or two before bolting for it.

Nah, every HMG will suppress at point blank in one burst.

Depends on the amount of cover of the approaching squad too. Suppression is a pretty complex component of coh2. Vickers has the least amount of suppression and will often fail to suppress a unit with the first burst.
3 Feb 2016, 03:33 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Depends on the amount of cover of the approaching squad too. Suppression is a pretty complex component of coh2. Vickers has the least amount of suppression and will often fail to suppress a unit with the first burst.

I tested it myself, Vickers will suppress something supa-close to it in one burst as long as it's not in heavy cover.

And if it is in heavy cover, of course, no HMG will suppress a target in it in one burst.

And if the Sturmpioneers were in heavy cover MarkedRaptor, I'm afraid you dun goofed!
3 Feb 2016, 03:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2016, 03:33 AMVuther

I tested it myself, Vickers will suppress something supa-close to it in one burst as long as it's not in heavy cover.

And if it is in heavy cover, of course, no HMG will suppress a target in it in one burst.

And if the Sturmpioneers were in heavy cover MarkedRaptor, I'm afraid you dun goofed!

Yeah. I guess im just saying that HMG, vickers in particular dont always suppress in the first burst.
4 Feb 2016, 00:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2016, 03:33 AMVuther

No this was out in the open, stormpois walked straight past my MG with that 1 burst.
4 Feb 2016, 02:53 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

No this was out in the open, stormpois walked straight past my MG with that 1 burst.

It's probably some sort of weird bug with the individual models' AI priorities. I'm pretty sure I've seen a fair amount of bugs with infantry models' movement that are possibly similar to that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 73

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight