How do you find vet5?
Option Distribution Votes
71%
24%
4%
Total votes: 45
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
1 Feb 2016, 15:47 PM

I think 5vet is not fair when a faction have the many units strongest of their classes. If relic will never aim at removing 5veterancy than it could be reworked

My idea is 4 and 5 veterancies can be unlocked at tiers. So you unlock 4vet in t3 and 5vet in t4. As i can see without veterancy bonuses okw can counter everything. p2 even works in late game to wipe infantries. Volks can beat off most of allied vehicles without any veterancy bonuses and infantries wit their long range adventage and new grenade. Also isg can respond almost every support gun and mortars.

I also wonder what generally people think about 5veterancy system.

'AN* idea for okw veterancy'
1 Feb 2016, 15:52 PM

Volks stronkest base infantry
Mg34 stronkest machine gun
LeIG stronkest indirect
Luchs stronkest light vehicle
P4 stronkest medium
King tiger stronkest heavy
Stuka zu Fuß stronkest arty
Assault arty stronkest offmap

I see they truly have the best units around which dont even costs more than similiar units

/sarcasm
1 Feb 2016, 15:54 PM
Donator 11

voted "its fine" becouse that is not the root of problems with okw, its that their units are simply too cheap now with resource changes.

As for your idea it would change nothing as okw techs those buildings either way before getting into vet4. High levels of vet simply matter only in very long games.
1 Feb 2016, 15:54 PM

Vet 4-5 is nice but to be honest nearly impossible to acquire and its really not a balance issue.
1 Feb 2016, 16:06 PM

Is that trolling?
1 Feb 2016, 16:08 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2016, 16:06 PMNEVEC

Is that trolling?

Man, he explicitly said it was trolling in his post. It is funny that he thinks luchs is not the best light vehicle and KT not the strongest heavy though :D
1 Feb 2016, 16:18 PM

Most units don't get vet 4 or 5 before at least 2 trucks are deployed anyway.

This would "probably" affect Volks but that's it. And those don't even get strong vet 4 and 5 bonuses.
1 Feb 2016, 16:23 PM

I voted "remove" but not because I don't think it's a neat idea, it's just foe the sake of balance If RELIC really wants to get serious with ESL.
1 Feb 2016, 16:39 PM

Volks stronkest base infantry
LeIG stronkest indirect
Luchs stronkest light vehicle
P4 stronkest medium
King tiger stronkest heavy
Stuka zu Fuß stronkest arty
Assault arty stronkest offmap

I see they truly have the best units around which dont even costs more than similiar units

/sarcasm

man you are not funny. Thanks to my weak english i cant discuss you much or i could have beat you if we went sarcastic argues in my language anyway.

Yeh my english is not good but your reading is not good either. It was my idea thats why i started with "I think" thants mean if you dont think like me say the reason or get off. No thing to be crying,whining or trolling with others, I just tried to started a tread begins with "i think" ends with "what do you think" You could go troll topics to shouw your joke ability.
If you really want to look cool act like these guys almost changed my thoughts about veterancy.
1 Feb 2016, 16:45 PM

Vet 4 and 5 should give access to extra abilities rather than being a simple buff.
1 Feb 2016, 16:47 PM

Vet 4 and 5 should give access to extra abilities rather than being a simple buff.

Like suppression at vet 4 and sprint out of combat at vet 5?
1 Feb 2016, 16:53 PM

I think all the other factions should get vet 4 and 5.
1 Feb 2016, 17:18 PM

lol such a high percentage of "its Fine". The AXIS is strong in this thread :facepalm:
1 Feb 2016, 17:24 PM

It's fine. It was Relic's idea to f*ck up the Oberkommando West by giving them full resource income, so they have to deal with it. Every O(P)KW complaint finds their roots in that change.
1 Feb 2016, 17:54 PM
Donator 11

It's fine. It was Relic's idea to f*ck up the Oberkommando West by giving them full resource income, so they have to deal with it. Every O(P)KW complaint finds their roots in that change.

Exactly, +1000
To be honest though, the idea came from community whiners in the infamous okw redesign thread, not relic and it was enforced on relic just like all the other changes aimed on making all factions the same.
1 Feb 2016, 18:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2016, 17:18 PMDAZ187
lol such a high percentage of "its Fine". The AXIS is strong in this thread :facepalm:

vet 5 is fine, try playing the game

almost every vet 4,5 bonus is nothing. I can only think of obers, stuka and jp4 that become incredibly gamechanging with vet
1 Feb 2016, 18:11 PM

The only issue I have with Vet 5 is how Shreks make Volks vet up so fast. Other than that most units take so long to get 4-5 that its not really an issue (albeit very annoying/rewarding when you have, say Vet 5 G43 Fusies raping everything).

Especially when you consider the Vet4/5 nerf post 100% income and the Rifles/Con Vet 3 Rec. Acc buff that sorta offsets it.
1 Feb 2016, 18:22 PM

man you are not funny. Thanks to my weak english i cant discuss you much or i could have beat you if we went sarcastic argues in my language anyway.

Yeh my english is not good but your reading is not good either. It was my idea thats why i started with "I think" thants mean if you dont think like me say the reason or get off. No thing to be crying,whining or trolling with others, I just tried to started a tread begins with "i think" ends with "what do you think" You could go troll topics to shouw your joke ability.
If you really want to look cool act like these guys almost changed my thoughts about veterancy.

To quote a famous member of this community:
Playercard plz

Im sorry for the sarcastic post but it implies you dont understand the game mechanics very well (me too). opening a thread in the balance subforum is kinda pointless with this background because its most likely a "learn to play" issue like 90% of the threads.
1 Feb 2016, 18:52 PM

This is never happening but it would have been neat if okw troops/vehicles/weapons acquired only weapons and abilities through veterancy and had 3 upgrades each that costed fuel and gave cosmetic changes

So Volks would have like assault training upgrade for 15 fuel that increases rifle accuracy and cooldown/range of grenades, envelopment training that gives passive sprint and increases sight range for 15 fuel, and maybe like defense training that decreases received acc for 15 fuel.

Nade would come at vet 1, shrek at vet 2.

this would be balanced because okw would sacrifice teching and vehicles for pure quality, while also being more flexible because you specialize parts of your army in one thing to match your playstyle. Free upgrades wouldn't be OP on units that don't have fuel upgrades, and would give okw more opportunity for offmaps and abilities/defenses
1 Feb 2016, 19:17 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Keep it, it's unique. I wish the other armies had something unique about their veterancy systems, too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★