Login

russian armor

Opening move against Ostruppen?

1 Feb 2016, 13:59 PM

It feels like Ostruppen is a really bad match up for UKF. A lot of people like to spam MGs or harass ISs with Snipers with an Ostruppen wall however Ostruppen are really durable in cover.
3 Feb 2016, 01:09 AM

I used to have luck with bolstering squads before teching up, considering I saw ostruppen before the choice was given to me. Then teching up and unlocking weapons and giving each squad 1 bren (give them 2 adn they will always drop one at vet 3 :/).

Recently though, I have had no luck with that at all and I just can't keep up with the sheer number of them, what I have learned though is:

1) Take and hold key buildings as well as you can, getting them out can be an absolute pain.

2) Get at least 2 vickers and place them on your flanks.

3) Use a sniper to fire on any gren/engie with flames/MG's the enemy will bring.

Going Bofors might be a much better choice than going AEC due to the fact the OST cant do anything against them but they can faust the AEC. A mortar pit in a defensive position would possibly help too but these two are speculation as I have yet to try them but I will certainly do so when I next see the dreaded prostruppen.
3 Feb 2016, 04:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2016, 01:09 AMLatch
I used to have luck with bolstering squads before teching up, considering I saw ostruppen before the choice was given to me. Then teching up and unlocking weapons and giving each squad 1 bren (give them 2 adn they will always drop one at vet 3 :/).

Recently though, I have had no luck with that at all and I just can't keep up with the sheer number of them, what I have learned though is:

1) Take and hold key buildings as well as you can, getting them out can be an absolute pain.

3) Use a sniper to fire on any gren/engie with flames/MG's the enemy will bring.

Going Bofors might be a much better choice than going AEC due to the fact the OST cant do anything against them but they can faust the AEC. A mortar pit in a defensive position would possibly help too but these two are speculation as I have yet to try them but I will certainly do so when I next see the dreaded prostruppen.

AEC is definitely good against Ost when well micro'd because if you avoid their AT guns and harass Grens from a distance they can't do anything but Ostruppen can lock you out of the game right away due to the fact that they can win a war of attrition.

Although I guess it's map dependent, the CoH1 maps are unbalanced in CoH2 due to having insanely important buildings. Can decide the game really early on if you can hold one of them.
4 Feb 2016, 19:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2016, 01:09 AMLatch

Never go Bofors. Not once, not ever again. :snfQuinn:
7 Feb 2016, 10:10 AM

No bofors pls. The ostruppen can kill it with a few panzerfaust shoots. For the opening , The grenades should help you kill the squads more effectively.then your next objective is to get the weapon racks and upgrade is with bren guns
8 Feb 2016, 07:25 AM

No bofors pls. The ostruppen can kill it with a few panzerfaust shoots. For the opening , The grenades should help you kill the squads more effectively.then your next objective is to get the weapon racks and upgrade is with bren guns

Assuming they can just walk upto it no problem? Bofors is a massive help against OST, put it defensive, not aggressive.
9 Feb 2016, 01:27 AM

But however if they manage to do a pincer movement you will be dead and waste all the resources
9 Feb 2016, 03:56 AM

AEC is too good right now to get a Bofors.
9 Feb 2016, 04:30 AM

But however if they manage to do a pincer movement you will be dead and waste all the resources

Again, assuming you've left your flanks open and failed to brace, we can continue this back and forth hyperbole all day long, each have advantages and disadvantages.

Bofors - Ruins multiple squads in seconds, take focus for the enemy to kill or completely locks down a section(s) of the map until late game leaving you to focus on harassing them, it outranges pak's and mortars (unvetted) with it's barrage.

AEC - Can move and isn't stationary, kills models near 70% of the time it shoots.

But, the AEC can be killed in 3 fausts, can be one shot by a mine, requires focus and micro to be effective and comes near useless late game.

Bofors causes the enemy to ignore it until late game by which time you can protect it with tanks or focus a lot of effort into killing it when it's built.

When the enemy has 15,000 squads swarming you, I know where I would rather focus on one side and feel relatively safe on a flank than trying to path an AEC around the sqarm of OST

9 Feb 2016, 05:49 AM

If your micro is good you'll never be in faust range, if you're even better you can even avoid Schrecks. (Mainly applies to Volks spammers though. You can wait for the Schreck to fire on your infantry, then dip your AEC in, take a few hits then dip out. If the OKW player tries to go after your AEC, they take free damage from your line infantry. If they ignore the AEC then they'll have to fire another Schreck off, letting you repeat the process)
10 Feb 2016, 04:27 AM

but they can also use the ostrupen to scout and use at to snipe.
11 Feb 2016, 06:29 AM

but they can also use the ostrupen to scout and use at to snipe.

Thing is, aec has 50 sightrange (all other light vehicles got 35 for comparison) so you will always be able to Spot for yourself(which makes Spotting pak rather easy ) even IF you get catched offguard you will survive 3 pak Hits ( you need to go afk and make some Coffee to actually let that happen ingame ) and even then if you come back with your Hot Coffee you can Press that Sweet non doc smoke Button to get away.

Aec is just to strong to go for bofors. The 77%+ winrate For ukf is just because of that (they had alot worse winrate before aec buff)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★