Login

russian armor

Full meta maxim spam

31 Jan 2016, 18:43 PM

So how exactly do you counter it as OKW?

31 Jan 2016, 18:46 PM

That's the thing you can't and that's why Luvnest uses it against OKW, if you survive early game and had good map control you should be good late game and win most of the time
31 Jan 2016, 18:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2016, 18:46 PMEarth
That's the thing you can't and that's why Luvnest uses it against OKW, if you survive early game and had good map control you should be good late game and win most of the time

:guyokay: sad..
31 Jan 2016, 20:10 PM
Donator 22

I´d go for a luchs or flak ht but that might be to late.. maybe try puma or stuka that could work. problem is that they all arrive quite late...
1 Feb 2016, 08:31 AM

Just flank as much as possible and defend what you can. You can punish Maxim spam extremely hard late-game with a Walking Stuka or just double LeIGs.

Extended Mech truck play might help.
WHO
1 Feb 2016, 16:18 PM

I've seen players going med, then mech for walking stuka, then using command panther call-in. Still a tough fight, though.
1 Feb 2016, 16:24 PM

Surrender or alt+f4

Seriously, there is nothing you can do.
1 Feb 2016, 16:44 PM

U could Mg34 spam back, like fighting fire w fire.
1 Feb 2016, 23:23 PM

I could see the med bunker being really strong. Get an early flashlight halftrack so you can flank better, maybe feurstorm for sturmpio flamers to rekt him if he's in a garrison. An ISG would be good too. Follow up with a flak halftrack and he has to build an AT gun.

I haven't fought anyone who has done this though yet. If anyone wants to play a spam maxims at me for a few games so I can try a few things out that'd be lovely. Steamid assassin2470
6 Feb 2016, 06:32 AM
Patrion 310

I asked Luvnest for a counter a few weeks ago and he said Stuka. It's bad game design that OKW need so much fuel invested into Stuka just to counter MGs. Imagine if soviet needed katushka just to counter MG42 or MG34.
Seriously, give ISG smoke barrage instead so maxim can get flanked. Same thing vs brits emplacement, smoke + flank which promotes tactical play and counter play. Not even trying to hide in green cover works.

All these over nerf/over buff is just silly. Relic should focus on fixing the core gameplay for the incomplete factions which are primary OKW and brits.
8 Feb 2016, 09:45 AM

Stuka is the best counter ... Doesn't mean it's the only thing that works.
8 Feb 2016, 10:00 AM

I asked Luvnest for a counter a few weeks ago and he said Stuka. It's bad game design that OKW need so much fuel invested into Stuka just to counter MGs. Imagine if soviet needed katushka just to counter MG42 or MG34.
Seriously, give ISG smoke barrage instead so maxim can get flanked. Same thing vs brits emplacement, smoke + flank which promotes tactical play and counter play. Not even trying to hide in green cover works.

All these over nerf/over buff is just silly. Relic should focus on fixing the core gameplay for the incomplete factions which are primary OKW and brits.

good suggestion
12 Feb 2016, 22:35 PM

OKW

Demanding tactical play from opponents

If I dare to hold a position for more than 5 minutes in the early game as SU vs OKW, I have a 90% chance of either being ISG spammed or stuka rushed. No crafty flanks. No light armor rush. Infrared HT and indirect fire/offmap spam.

You are a factions of brute force. SU has ONE reliable way to deal with your spam and you complain about the 5 minutes its viable.
13 Feb 2016, 00:26 AM

OKW

Demanding tactical play from opponents

If I dare to hold a position for more than 5 minutes in the early game as SU vs OKW, I have a 90% chance of either being ISG spammed or stuka rushed. No crafty flanks. No light armor rush. Infrared HT and indirect fire/offmap spam.

You are a factions of brute force. SU has ONE reliable way to deal with your spam and you complain about the 5 minutes its viable.

not sure if serious or a bad troll attempt
aaa
13 Feb 2016, 00:50 AM

maxin spam is counterd just by infantry micro (google word "micro" ) also optional
2. leigs
3. luchs rush

Actually its weak unit. Having more than 2 of them = loss to any normal player.
Neo
13 Feb 2016, 01:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2016, 00:50 AMaaa
maxin spam is counterd just by infantry micro (google word "micro" ) also optional
2. leigs
3. luchs rush

Actually its weak unit. Having more than 2 of them = loss to any normal player.

Good to see advice on how to counter maxims from a Soviet-only player...
13 Feb 2016, 01:40 AM

go for mechanized Truck. Convert to munition and spam flame nades.
that would be my suggestion to maxim spam.
13 Feb 2016, 01:55 AM

go for mechanized Truck. Convert to munition and spam flame nades.
that would be my suggestion to maxim spam.

:facepalm:
13 Feb 2016, 04:12 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

I could see the med bunker being really strong. Get an early flashlight halftrack so you can flank better, maybe feurstorm for sturmpio flamers to rekt him if he's in a garrison. An ISG would be good too. Follow up with a flak halftrack and he has to build an AT gun.

I haven't fought anyone who has done this though yet. If anyone wants to play a spam maxims at me for a few games so I can try a few things out that'd be lovely. Steamid assassin2470

I have never seen you recommend anything meta ever
13 Feb 2016, 04:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2016, 01:16 AMNeo
Good to see advice on how to counter maxims from a Soviet-only player...

Would you not respect the word of a baker on what fucks up his bread?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★