Login

russian armor

Penalties to AT squads

2 Feb 2016, 02:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Feb 2016, 02:24 AMnee
There are already penalties to AT squads, problem is that Volks get the lesser penalty whereas Riflemen with 2x bazookas get more, yet arguably perform worse.

Spot on.
2 Feb 2016, 06:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Feb 2016, 02:24 AMnee
There are already penalties to AT squads, problem is that Volks get the lesser penalty whereas Riflemen with 2x bazookas get more, yet arguably perform worse.

Volks actually gain vet faster with schreck and end up doing significantly more damage with the remaining 4 rifles than if you leave them with 5.

Complete no brainer upgrade.
2 Feb 2016, 07:13 AM

Yeah schrecks on Volks give them insane rates of veterancy. It's so easy to bring a vet 0 volks to vet 5 with a schreck. Even when they blast apart infantry with the schreck they got a ton of xp, (as it's about damage, not kills.) Having volks jump 2 levels of vet in a single engagement is not at all uncommon.

Volks are also one of the cheapest infantry to reinforce. Cheap to maintain, and extremely easy to replace wiped squads and get vetted. But OKW doesn't have any snares, so instead it has these jackass panzerschrecks.

For comparison, the other stock unit that gets schrecks: panzergrenadiers, are expensive to field, expensive to maintain, and are only 4 man squads which are considerably more fragile than a 5 man squad.

So here's my idea. The AT package should make the fifth volks explode into a bloody mist and leave behind a panzerschreck from which his former squadmates must salvage from the misshapen husk that he once was.:foreveralone:
2 Feb 2016, 09:10 AM

Make a single man passive from every AT squad, except Pgrens.

Pgrens are relatively expensive 4 men squad with a relatively expensive 2 weapon upgrade. They are totally balanced imo.. they are good without the upgrade, and lose enough AI with the upgrade...
2 Feb 2016, 13:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

So here's my idea. The AT package should make the fifth volks explode into a bloody mist and leave behind a panzerschreck from which his former squadmates must salvage from the misshapen husk that he once was.:foreveralone:

I suppressed laughter during my programming class.

Now back to work.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 35
Russian Federation 28
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %