Login

russian armor

If you could ban any one faction in team games

If you could ban any one faction in matchmaking for a team game, who would you ban?
Option Distribution Votes
3%
3%
9%
29%
24%
31%
Total votes: 147
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
30 Jan 2016, 16:04 PM

This would of course hypothetically apply only to that one match. You would ban it just like you would a map.

Bonus: Why?

I realize this could never work due to it being 3 Allied to 2 German and it would also stagnate innovation, though it's pretty stagnant already.

I just wanna see the results.

{edit}

TO CLARIFY:

This would be a ban in matchmaking on team games only.

There are always more options to outplay a certain faction's bullshit in a 1v1.

This isnt just who do I hate to play against the most. Otherwise swift wouldn't have added a "none" option.

At first I was a little pissed he did but now I see that it was the right call.
30 Jan 2016, 16:15 PM

British, easily most cancerous faction. Trenches with an invisible bouncer that says no Germans allowed. Bofors able to lock down huge pieces of map for 10-15 minutes, Aec cancer wagon, ubersoldaten in cover lose to tommys in cover, AA tank, Cromwell spam, sniper spam, such a cancerous faction.
30 Jan 2016, 16:20 PM

Since when do obersoldaten lose to tommies in cover? :luvDerp:

But I agree Brit emplacement spam in teamgames and arty cover is not fun to play against.
30 Jan 2016, 16:21 PM

Amended poll to include "None".
30 Jan 2016, 16:28 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved to COH2 Gameplay
30 Jan 2016, 16:32 PM

I would ban OKW because the whole faction design promotes the shittiest gameplay of blob into your opponent, retreat back to a close point,reinforce cheap guys, and do it again. Plus no one likes to play a game on a timer where you just loose after a certain time (same could be said of brits)
30 Jan 2016, 16:59 PM

Its hard to decide between 1919 -> Calliope spam, OKW shrek blobs or the necessary scum the Brits have to rely on to stay alive.
30 Jan 2016, 17:00 PM

Brits or OKW. USF has some cancer strategies too, but most likely would ban Brits
30 Jan 2016, 17:08 PM
Donator 11

OKW for sure, horrible faction design with cheap mainline inf with hard AT coupled with a FRP that cuts the retreat in half early game as well as cheap and fast reinfoerce. Jagtiger can lock down half of 4v4 maps pretty ez and the shwer like bofors can cut up the map for 10-15 mins until a tank hits the field.
30 Jan 2016, 17:27 PM

So far I am not very surprised with the poll or the explanations.

Would love to know what the one guy who voted Wehrmacht would give as his reason.
30 Jan 2016, 17:30 PM

If playing allies: OKW
If playing axis: Brits
30 Jan 2016, 17:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2016, 17:08 PMMittens
OKW for sure, horrible faction design with cheap mainline inf with hard AT coupled with a FRP that cuts the retreat in half early game as well as cheap and fast reinfoerce. Jagtiger can lock down half of 4v4 maps pretty ez and the shwer like bofors can cut up the map for 10-15 mins until a tank hits the field.

play more 1v1 and 2v2 and you will know their weaknesses
30 Jan 2016, 18:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'll rather have commander vetoes.
30 Jan 2016, 19:06 PM

I would ban OKW because the whole faction design promotes the shittiest gameplay of blob into your opponent, retreat back to a close point,reinforce cheap guys, and do it again. Plus no one likes to play a game on a timer where you just loose after a certain time (same could be said of brits)

It was close for me, Brit simcities are possible in team games, which is incredibly boring to play against. But OKW does win it for me by encouraging the worst kind of strategies and often relying on gimmicks to even out the score (Falls from buildings to wipe butterfingers maxim, into volks blob).

Finding Wehr vs. Amer, Soviet, and Brit (most of the time) very fun.
30 Jan 2016, 19:27 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

None, who the hell wants less content and variety in the game?
30 Jan 2016, 19:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2016, 19:27 PMTobis
None, who the hell wants less content and variety in the game?

Honestly how many times do you want to play blob stall into KT?
30 Jan 2016, 20:40 PM

This fashionable insinuation that there is only one okw strategy is total bull. A panther or even Jagdtiger is just as likely as a KT. Even panzer ivs can be great tanks depending on the scenario, and forgoing the cliched luchs. Also schrek blobs are not nearly as effective as people like to make out. As USF or Brits I encounter schrek "blobs" infrequently. Whereas when playing as axis, rifle blobs are part and parcel of the game. To all those who object to okw mainline infantry being able to weild AT, let's make sure you understand that rifles are also mainline infantry.

As axis I think ukf are tough to fight, so I understand why they are rated most annoying here, but I enjoy the challenge now. Soviet maxim spam however is not a hard challenge to face, it is more a tedious chore, so I would rather rid the game of that.

As allies, okw are also an enjoyable faction to break.
30 Jan 2016, 20:42 PM

USF since they are the most boring.
Rifle, rifle, rifle, rifle, cpt, LMGs, Calliope :foreveralone:
30 Jan 2016, 21:15 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Honestly how many times do you want to play blob stall into KT?

It happens about as often as USF into Calliope or Pershing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 4
unknown 4
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak