Login

russian armor

Paratrooper Build

30 Jan 2016, 15:29 PM

Hey guys!

I really am getting fond of the US paratrooper, especially with triple 3% reduced received accuracy bulletins. Since USF is so manpower heavy, the bleed often prevents me from getting more than 1 and that usually late. Any ideas for builds focused around paratroopers and 1 pathfinder squad? I was thinking only 2 Rifle opening into pathfinder and LT or CPT. Stuart seems low manpower cost and high fuel for a start.

Excited to hear any ideas!
31 Jan 2016, 18:23 PM

0-RE
1-RE
2-rifle
3-rifle
4-LT/pathfinder
5-M20
6-weapon racks
7-AA track
8-paratrooper
9-paratrooper/ Major
10-sherman
11-sherman
12-jackson

Now onto general build notes:
Early game is lighter than a typical 3 or 4 rifle build but you get the same capping power. Hold on to your cut-off and rush that m20. REs are expected to sweep for mines to protect m20 while it harasses the enemy. Once racks are researched give REs bazookas and pathfinders bars. If they go heavy MG build or you have a window to attack shwerer before first Sherman, tech nades so you can smoke it. Ambulance is reactionary build, get it when your squads are mid to low in hp at full reinforcement. Lay m20 mines to protect your base so if your opponent tries vehicle rushes they get pwned. Use shermans on the sides of the map to wipe squads and as smoke machines to support your infantry. Lastly on build, don't be afraid to air drop at guns. Don't be afraid to rebuy the m20 in lategame if you need mines, and don't forget that an engine critted tank is food for p47 ability.

Now onto paratrooper usage:
Dropping them on sides of the map vs Ost is good so they come down and support middle, or harass. Against okw dropping paras on the sides is dependent on if they have luchs/flak track or not. When using paras use beacons hidden behind bushes and buildings in areas where you know they'll need them, like the northern muni point in kolodny ferna. Two para squads with satchel charges bring okw flak hq to 15% HP, use shermans or rifles to smoke it and suppression to protect them from troops while they plant. When upgrading paras be mindful that usage changes on upgrade: Thompson paras are ambush troops or flanking troops. If you can sneak around the map with Thompson paras, use Tactical assault on squads that are retreating through their territory to base...you murder them. Lmg paras are more long range units.
1 Feb 2016, 13:44 PM

Thanks for your long reply!

I haven't thought of using the Paratroopers for the demo on OKW trucks! Also the synergy between M20 mines and P47 is a new idea to me, since I usually only rely on rifle nades to get the engine damage.

Your build has a ton of aggression, but is also MP heavy. I'll give it a try in 1 vs 1! I do love the LT, but thought he is overkill with all the Pathfinders and Paras.

Currently for 2v2 and 3v3, I've been going:
Starting RE
1-Rifle
2-Rifle
3-RE
...bit of MP float
4-Pathfinders & Captain
5-Ambulance
6-Stuart
7-Paratroopers/Weapon Racks
8-Paratrooper
9-Major
10-Sherman/Jackson

A lot is situational, like MG drops...
Not sure my build is efficient in timing and resource use, though it has been working.
The small float in the beginning does take out early game shock value by going low on Rifles and having to wait for 1 CP for Pathfinders and the Captain.
Also I try to rush the Stuart for shock value, which delays grenades and weapon racks :/. Mid to lategame does take off though with insane anti-infantry capabilities and enough AT to scare off tanks.
Sometimes I also go 2 Pathfinder and 1 Paratrooper?

What do you think?
1 Feb 2016, 16:20 PM

Your weak to initial pure infantry spam like a 5 gren build or 5 volks. But the one issue I have with the above BO is the fact that one or two Snipers would push you off the map. If your going to use a infantry strategy you need to make sure you have the means to deal with possible Snipers fast, hence LT tech. Plus M20 and AA track have greater synergy with your tanks that come later because mines and keeping AT infantry at bay. If you rush Shermans against Ost but you feel as if you need the captain and his tech, feel free to back tech.

Against okw feel free to go Captain though, Stuart is very effective against them. One trick I like to use is to activate Captains supervise production ability as soon as he comes out and get racks and ambulance very quickly.
AVA
2 Feb 2016, 00:37 AM

Your weak to initial pure infantry spam like a 5 gren build or 5 volks. But the one issue I have with the above BO is the fact that one or two Snipers would push you off the map. If your going to use a infantry strategy you need to make sure you have the means to deal with possible Snipers fast, hence LT tech. Plus M20 and AA track have greater synergy with your tanks that come later because mines and keeping AT infantry at bay. If you rush Shermans against Ost but you feel as if you need the captain and his tech, feel free to back tech.

Against okw feel free to go Captain though, Stuart is very effective against them. One trick I like to use is to activate Captains supervise production ability as soon as he comes out and get racks and ambulance very quickly.

What do you usually make on paratroopers, thomps or lmgs?
2 Feb 2016, 10:17 AM

I tried the double RE start and it's good for capping, but lacks early firepower in teamgames...

I am also having trouble deciding between getting early vehicles vs. weapon racks and grenades :(.

What do you usually make on paratroopers, thomps or lmgs?

I usually go for LMGs on open maps and Thompsons on very urban maps. Seems to be working well.
2 Feb 2016, 14:23 PM

I tried the double RE start and it's good for capping, but lacks early firepower in teamgames...

I am also having trouble deciding between getting early vehicles vs. weapon racks and grenades :(.

I usually go for LMGs on open maps and Thompsons on very urban maps. Seems to be working well.

Your starting RE squad isn't necessary there for capping but being first at occupying a critical house or wiring a unfavorable green cover until you or your mate is able to take advantageous positions.
And when you have this position secured, back capping. And this, 2x RE squad is the best compromise between rushing choke point, capping and having a first RM fast enough on the field and you'll have your 2nd RE and rifle around the same time at mid map so you can flank etc...

About where to invest your first fuel points, it is really map/factions facing/faction allied dependent.

2 Feb 2016, 17:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Feb 2016, 14:23 PMEsxile

Your starting RE squad isn't necessary there for capping but being first at occupying a critical house or wiring a unfavorable green cover until you or your mate is able to take advantageous positions.
And when you have this position secured, back capping. And this, 2x RE squad is the best compromise between rushing choke point, capping and having a first RM fast enough on the field and you'll have your 2nd RE and rifle around the same time at mid map so you can flank etc...

About where to invest your first fuel points, it is really map/factions facing/faction allied dependent.

I feel like if I use the starting RE to occupy a house and instantly get another RE, I won't be able to hold that critical house, since they lose to German starting units? The outcapping potential is nice though as is the wiring.

About the fuel: I do feel like a general order does occur. Like whether BARS on your units is more important than an early vehicle...what mainly changes the choice from my experience is whether its an urban map or not?
2 Feb 2016, 18:37 PM

If you can't hold, just move before losing the squad. This situation mainly occurs vs OKW, and in that case the house you occupy is usually the one close to your cut-off.
Also occupying the house doesn't mean putting the squad in and forget about it, it is wiring and capping and being sure you'll be the first occupying if hostiles are showing their face.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★