Soviets dealing with heavy late german armor

1 Feb 2016, 07:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2016, 06:00 AMpugzii
and this is why your 1500 rank

this is bad?
1 Feb 2016, 17:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

this is bad?

Depends if you consider silver league opinion on balance to be good or not. What works and doesn't changes drastically at different levels and this goes both ways.
1 Feb 2016, 21:58 PM
Benefactor 392

Reading the title, it seemed as if though it was asking what kind of tools there are to deal with heavier tanks, and i just listed some. Bad rank or not, i just gave out some options on what "can" work. Regardless of rank, i don't see why people would try and turn a blind eye to people with ideas and opinions.

And on top of that, it doesn't mean you can use those ideas and put in some of your own sauce onto it. Adding a little flavour to something isn't bad either.
2 Feb 2016, 18:01 PM

One of the strategies I use to fight off against OKW heavies is to eliminate the infantry first.
2 Feb 2016, 20:27 PM

Yesterday evening I took out a KT with a lone t34/85. The KT hit a mine coming in to support the fallschirms that popped out to cap the VP. I was able to chase off the falls without them fausting, and caught the KT at the best possible moment.

We lost the game, but I was able to circle strafe the KT to death. It's rear armor bounced my shots 5 times, and I also missed point blank twice, but I managed to kill it without even taking a shot from the KT. I got the moral victory there.

But the point is, without infantry support, units like elefants and KTs can be killed without even getting a shot off on their assailant if positioning is used correctly.

If there's a KT, focus on what is supporting it.

If there's a KT covered by an Elefant covered by a Sturmpanzer, then well, :foreveralone:.
2 Feb 2016, 20:42 PM

Oh yeah, before I forget, AI and Terror, while underused, are amazing counters to Super-heavies. Players will blob-up around them, leaving them vulnerable to Force Retreat into ML-20/Incendiary.

An isolated heavy is a dead heavy, as we all know, but nuking their blob AND isolating the heavy is a game winner.
3 Feb 2016, 01:10 AM

Yesterday evening I took out a KT with a lone t34/85. The KT hit a mine coming in to support the fallschirms that popped out to cap the VP. I was able to chase off the falls without them fausting, and caught the KT at the best possible moment.

We lost the game, but I was able to circle strafe the KT to death. It's rear armor bounced my shots 5 times, and I also missed point blank twice, but I managed to kill it without even taking a shot from the KT. I got the moral victory there.

But the point is, without infantry support, units like elefants and KTs can be killed without even getting a shot off on their assailant if positioning is used correctly.

If there's a KT, focus on what is supporting it.

If there's a KT covered by an Elefant covered by a Sturmpanzer, then well, :foreveralone:.

sounds like a really bad player tbh.

1. he diddnt just faust you
2. he cant manage his tank for shit.
3 Feb 2016, 02:17 AM

The KT's turret traverse is too slow. A t34/85 can always stay ahead of it. But maybe that's due to the damaged engine from the mine.

It took driving around a house and hedgerows while the turret auto turned to avoid getting hit. But the damaged engine is really what screwed him.
3 Feb 2016, 06:43 AM
Patrion 28

all tanks can circle strafe all other tanks (except maybe against lights). that only works when the target tank is isolated though and thus isn't viable most of the time and is viable even less of the time in team games where there are more units.
3 Feb 2016, 14:27 PM

you guys did not undersand my post. it not about strategys it about tools.

im in top 20 in 4vs4. im playing against the best in world in 4vs4.

i know strategys to kill tanks etc, but this won't work against good players.

what im saying is, soviet doesn't GOT any tanks that can deal with german late armor.

all i can do is making katyushas to kill inf and 1-2 su85 for defense.

make the su-152 like an elefant, and take out his IA role.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★