Login

russian armor

Just Friggin' Nerf Arty Covar Already

2 Feb 2016, 15:26 PM

Don't really like the ability. Would rather it just did damage with none of the vehicle crits
3 Feb 2016, 21:10 PM

just make it 350 muni and its ok :megusta:

use it once in late game enough to pimp axis
3 Feb 2016, 21:40 PM

maybe i shouldnt say that but its glorius when u rekt all these axis OPtanks with one abilty and with 3 comets :hansGASM:
4 Feb 2016, 11:08 AM

I'm a UKF player and even i agree. its too good for its price. Increase its price or nerf it. While your at it give some of its damage to the sexton and perimeter watch, that stuff is useless
4 Feb 2016, 11:22 AM

Never been hit by close the pocket have you?
4 Feb 2016, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2016, 11:22 AMLatch
Never been hit by close the pocket have you?

Yes i have but that costs alot more munitions and requires some skill to cut that sector off. I would love it if the allies had a version of close the pocket, maybe the royal artillery regiment commander should have it instead of the useless perimeter overwatch.
4 Feb 2016, 18:30 PM

Yes i have but that costs alot more munitions and requires some skill to cut that sector off. I would love it if the allies had a version of close the pocket, maybe the royal artillery regiment commander should have it instead of the useless perimeter overwatch.

Come on man, it takes skill to use the neutralise ability on the cut off or spawn storm troopers from behind enemy lines?

It costs more because its so much better, it murders 99.9% of everything inside the cutoff area, wheras the Brits OP-OP can damage your own tanks and acts as an area denial that is avoidable. Unsure if it needs sight though, sometimes it fires without, sometimes it doesn't.

Is it OP? Yes, but so is Close the pocket and many other abilities.
4 Feb 2016, 20:02 PM

Well, as many other people have stated. This commander has pretty much nothing other than this ability to make up for it. The whole commander needs a rework. Simply nerfing this ability into the ground will now make only 4/6 UKF commanders viable. Suxton commander is the other one I'm referring to.

For abilities:
Designate vehicle: so so but only good for vision and gimping vehicles
Air Resupply: why drop in expensive equipment when you can just build mgs at t0 and faster reinforce requires FHQ to be built
Field Recovery Operation: lots of MP for 2 engineer units that can't build anything and require wrecks to get resources
Artillery Cover: covered in this post
Forward Observation Post: by the time you can use this, the building can be easily destroyed by mortars, flamers, tanks. Not to mention it's cost to set up the building and then 150 muni for any ability that's limited to the surrounding structure.

So as you can see... i'd say 3.5 of the 5 abilities are... nothing. So I vote for a complete commander rework or it'll just be another dead commander.
5 Feb 2016, 10:58 AM

I would also like to add my opinion about this ability. I have been rank 1 2v2 brits using this ability before the okw patch hit and havent been playing them since the aec buff so with decay 24 or so now. I have started playing okw for a change and am rank 5 2v2 atm. So I have used this ability and have had it used against me a fair amount of time.

Here are my observations:

I have not once so far had this ability used against me to any meaningful effect. I would like to point out this game vs 2 highly skilled opponents rank 15 at at that time.

https://www.coh2.org/replay/48394/great-2v2-team-15-vs-rank-8-and-500

Artillery cover is used twice and it did nothing to me. It did cost my mate who was rank 500 so less experienced.

I have used artillery cover myself to good effect killing especialy heavy tanks with it with much smaller forces. So it is highly skill dependant.

The abilities strengths are
-forces you to abandon the territory for the amount of time. If you dont you will suffer heavily.
-sets up for a opportunity to do a lot of damage

What it does not do contrary to what people say
-do damage. Infantry is only pinned and receives slight damage. Unless your infantry happens to be close to a tank when a railway shell lands it will survive with minimal hp loss. The same with tanks. The fast artillery only does turret disabled crit with the first hit and engine damage with the second. The heavy artillery that comes down a lot slower does do a lot of damage.

The trick with it is now that besides the infantry suppression artillery, all of those shots come down with a delay to where your units WERE. The heavy hitter having a longer delay than the light jamming/snaring one. What happens now is that if you stand still you will get hit. But if you reverse, every single shot will miss and additionaly not only that but if your opponent chases after you he is very likely to be hit by his own artillery. Thus very often ending in the chasing units turret beeing jammed/snared or heavily damaged.

It also requires line of sight so unless he does go deep with it it wont hit much. Ofc you can combine it with the recon plane but again, you need to do that - skillbased.

Its only a setup and it is not an uncounterable one. Units like KT's and jagdtigers ir elefants will most surely take engine damage. But they wont ever be hit by the damaging part if you keep reversing and especialy with those units where comets and cromwells get close to pen better chances are very high that your own tanks get disabled as well.

What is beyond a doubt wrong is the amount of time the ability stays active. Its a minute i believe. Much more realistic would be if it were a 30 s ability, lasting for roughly 1 engagement rather than locking you out for an entire minute.
5 Feb 2016, 14:32 PM

Well, as many other people have stated. This commander has pretty much nothing other than this ability to make up for it. The whole commander needs a rework. Simply nerfing this ability into the ground will now make only 4/6 UKF commanders viable. Suxton commander is the other one I'm referring to.

For abilities:
Designate vehicle: so so but only good for vision and gimping vehicles
Air Resupply: why drop in expensive equipment when you can just build mgs at t0 and faster reinforce requires FHQ to be built
Field Recovery Operation: lots of MP for 2 engineer units that can't build anything and require wrecks to get resources
Artillery Cover: covered in this post
Forward Observation Post: by the time you can use this, the building can be easily destroyed by mortars, flamers, tanks. Not to mention it's cost to set up the building and then 150 muni for any ability that's limited to the surrounding structure.

So as you can see... i'd say 3.5 of the 5 abilities are... nothing. So I vote for a complete commander rework or it'll just be another dead commander.

And by nerfing the one important ability the whole commander becomes worthless. *Refers to soviet counter attack*
5 Feb 2016, 18:13 PM
Donator 33

The engine crits are a bit much, considering it auto-targets.

Seems fine otherwise. It simply does what arty cover is supposed to do and is expensive.
5 Feb 2016, 19:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2016, 18:30 PMLatch

Come on man, it takes skill to use the neutralise ability on the cut off or spawn storm troopers from behind enemy lines?

It costs more because its so much better, it murders 99.9% of everything inside the cutoff area, wheras the Brits OP-OP can damage your own tanks and acts as an area denial that is avoidable. Unsure if it needs sight though, sometimes it fires without, sometimes it doesn't.

Is it OP? Yes, but so is Close the pocket and many other abilities.

Fuel cache counter that abilty..Stuka Dive bomb only deal 35% of dmg to cache( by the look of the HP )
5 Feb 2016, 19:41 PM

What about the Stuka spamming air support doctrine? Panic button that insta pins everyone for long ass time and a panic button to deal with Tanks, And a bomb strike with no smoke warning, convert fuel to ammo , wash, rinse and repeat!

Arty cover has problems but it isn't the only offender when it comes to cheese.
5 Feb 2016, 21:59 PM

Fuel cache counter that abilty..Stuka Dive bomb only deal 35% of dmg to cache( by the look of the HP )

Staying out of the area counters OP-OP,along with removing LOS to the allies in the area. Have you been hit by the OKW barrage yet that end with dropping smoke? That is also devastating.
6 Feb 2016, 04:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2016, 21:59 PMLatch

Staying out of the area counters OP-OP,along with removing LOS to the allies in the area. Have you been hit by the OKW barrage yet that end with dropping smoke? That is also devastating.

u talking about Assault arty now right?..breakthrough doc?

well if u stand in the middle of the point u get what u deserve..

Breakthrough only hit near the middle of that point..get away from that territory ( if Small Territory )
or run away from middle ( if bigger Territory )

6 Feb 2016, 05:11 AM

Shits always been OP

+1
6 Feb 2016, 05:32 AM

u talking about Assault arty now right?..breakthrough doc?

well if u stand in the middle of the point u get what u deserve..

Breakthrough only hit near the middle of that point..get away from that territory ( if Small Territory )
or run away from middle ( if bigger Territory )

Apply your logic to getting away from OP-OP maybe?
6 Feb 2016, 08:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2016, 05:32 AMLatch

Good thing arty Cover often Covers more than one territory. Honestly i know you'r a tryhard brit fanboy( just look at your stream..) but that thing can cover 1/4 of the map. " getting out " is said more easy than it actual is.
Oh did I just forget you get Engine dmg and Pinne so you the ability itself counters the "gtfo out of here "

But hey i guess you find the aec to be super balanced too? :clap:
6 Feb 2016, 12:15 PM

What about the Stuka spamming air support doctrine? Panic button that insta pins everyone for long ass time and a panic button to deal with Tanks, And a bomb strike with no smoke warning, convert fuel to ammo , wash, rinse and repeat!

Arty cover has problems but it isn't the only offender when it comes to cheese.

You cannot convert fuel to muni anymore. No Wehrmacht doctrine has that ability at the moment.
If you are getting cas'd non stop control the munitions as he cannot drop muni without it.
6 Feb 2016, 14:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2016, 05:32 AMLatch

i wish i could if the arty give me some kind of signal n ability to run ( Engine DMG n Pinned )

but i think u can, cause u protecting/defending the arty surely u know what u're talking about

i might need to L2P

cheers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight