Login

russian armor

Just Friggin' Nerf Arty Covar Already

30 Jan 2016, 08:54 AM

we all know how op that shit is : it just fuxking pin and wipe out all your inf within a sec . It stun all your tanks , armor vehicals et cetera et cetera, making their only usage is for you to watch them get friggin raped so hard that even cosby would've been shocked! In all , its nothing but a one-click-area-eradicating machine which was proudly presented by lelic .

Now heres a game which perfectly demonstrates the OP-ness of such unbelievably absurd ability.In this game , that guy used the ability 3 times IIRC . I'm sorry for all the name-calling ; I was just really pissed-off. And this is all about the ability Arty Covar per se, which means other matters such as my micro , tactics , shouldn't be of importance.

So in the first 2 times , it forced me to full retreat my troops and staying at the base where is the only safe place .
In the 3rd time, as you can see, it pinned my elephant instantly together with the 2 clownwells which was flanking my elephant . And ofc, I retreated all my inf to the base ,where they were then slaughtered , before the clownwells come in , by the ablility immediately . My panther ,however, was safe from this catastrophe . guess I'll have to pray RNG God for that.
30 Jan 2016, 09:44 AM

Permanently Banned
AEC cover arty + calliope is giving me cancer. Hotfix to make game playable lelic?
30 Jan 2016, 10:54 AM

indeed... we dont have any arty like this with this acurate kill and pin all infantris in big area and sleep all heavy tanks easilly just by left click , is it skill?
30 Jan 2016, 12:24 PM

Considering the duration and magnitude of effect, the delay before the shells start dropping is way too low. When you are able to rush 2-4 squads of recovery engineers with PIATs into an area and click a button causing every single enemy infantry and vehicle to run for their lives and giving you half the map, you know there's something wrong.
If they want the ability to keep its defensive 'stay away from my tanks' role, they can easily cut the area by half or so, and it'll still do its job. As it is, it's a one-click instaretreat and/or die.

Relic haven't reached the sales quota for the commander, is my guess.
30 Jan 2016, 12:49 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

One post invised by a Moderator for excessive flaming.

Back to topic
30 Jan 2016, 17:31 PM

The shells drop too fast that it gives the opponent little time to react. The delay after the warning flares should be increased, meanwhile the engine damage critical which is the most disgusting should be removed forever. After all the shells already do a ton of damage to vehicles.

So let's wait lelic to take another 1 year to fix this shit.
30 Jan 2016, 18:21 PM

Sure!

right along OKW assault artillery nerf.

If no then no deal. This is how power creep happens gets worse
30 Jan 2016, 18:27 PM

Sure!

Only completely terrible players move the goalposts to assault artillery, of all abilities.
30 Jan 2016, 19:41 PM

Sure!

Ass Arty is a fine example here, because it is indeed balanced, not as you say.

It takes awhile for the arty to begin touching down, and the arty and smoke only hit the TERRITORY POINT, not the entire sector, so it's predictable and can be avoided altogether. IT's also 200 munitions so that barrage and smoke is worth it.
30 Jan 2016, 19:49 PM

Agree arty cover is the definition of P2W next to calliope doc.
30 Jan 2016, 19:51 PM

If the impending artillery storm was dodgable it would be fine, however no matter what you do your tanks will get hit and disabled while his roll in and destroy you. So yes the artillery needs to be dodgeable or strike at random.
30 Jan 2016, 20:55 PM

Lol @ this guy comparing artillery cover to assault artillery.....
31 Jan 2016, 03:31 AM

Sure!

What? lol assault artillery even can't hit one thing sometimes. Like TwistedTootsy said it's pretty balanced thing or a little UP IMO.

Show your playercard to us pls.
31 Jan 2016, 03:58 AM

Sure!

assault arty hit every of ur unit?..damn talk about bad RNG..

but i know that Arty cover is 100% acurate toward its target..
31 Jan 2016, 04:20 AM

Imo the only real useful ability from the specific commander, but never the less broken. P2W cheese anyone? :hansGASM:
31 Jan 2016, 05:05 AM

AEC cover arty + calliope is giving me cancer. Hotfix to make game playable lelic?

This.

It's such a deadly commbo.
31 Jan 2016, 05:48 AM

i agree, this "i win arty" is dreadful to play against, and to have a player on your team feels genuinely like cheating. the engine damage would be a good start, maybe blinding armour and a chance to force infantry near armour retreat (like a beefy fear prop?) more time between flares and victory would be a good change as well...
31 Jan 2016, 05:52 AM

More suitable question is why it hasn't been nerfed in the same day air superiority were nerfed (in fact it was, but not enough lol).

It was op 1-click win any engagement no matter how badly outnumbered and outclassed you are since alpha.

Regarding commander, command vehicle and salvage sappers are good abilities, other ones is not so.
31 Jan 2016, 05:59 AM

just remove the engine disable on the ability. Most the time that's what kill the axis armor.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★