Login

russian armor

vehicle crew repair bug

30 Jan 2016, 07:30 AM

Taking damage while using SU vehicle crew repair cause the ability to be stuck on so you cannot move the vehicle.

This one has been in the game for a while so im confused as to why it is still around. This loses games.
30 Jan 2016, 08:55 AM

It's a feature, not bug FeelsBadMan
30 Jan 2016, 15:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2016, 08:55 AMFrost
It's a feature, not bug FeelsBadMan

It most certainly is not.

The ability doesn't work in combat but they programmed it wrong so you cant turn it on or OFF in combat.
30 Jan 2016, 20:36 PM

It most certainly is not.

The ability doesn't work in combat but they programmed it wrong so you cant turn it on or OFF in combat.

I think that is wanted behaviour.
30 Jan 2016, 23:29 PM

I think that is wanted behaviour.

Why would you make it so that your tank is permanently immobile and draining muni even if its getting hit with rifle fire until it is fully repaired?
31 Jan 2016, 12:31 PM
Patrion 28

it's a bug but it doesn't have a fix. it's the same reason that the ambulance doesn't have a toggle ability anymore; the same thing happened when the area it was in was decaped.
Only Relic postRelic 1 Feb 2016, 19:32 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Taking damage while using SU vehicle crew repair cause the ability to be stuck on so you cannot move the vehicle.

This one has been in the game for a while so im confused as to why it is still around. This loses games.

This ability is working as intended, Thanks
1 Feb 2016, 19:45 PM

Why would you make it so that your tank is permanently immobile and draining muni even if its getting hit with rifle fire until it is fully repaired?

To force you to use it tactically - if you could toggle it off then there would be no risk to using it close to the front lines (aside from not getting a full return for your Muni). This way you're forced to use it to repair your tanks in a safe place or risk losing them (just like USF or OKW Elite Armor Ability).

On a side note tanks are immune to rifle fire so that wouldn't affect it.
1 Feb 2016, 20:45 PM

This ability is working as intended, Thanks

Fair enough, though the description/tool tip should reflect this.

To force you to use it tactically - if you could toggle it off then there would be no risk to using it close to the front lines (aside from not getting a full return for your Muni). This way you're forced to use it to repair your tanks in a safe place or risk losing them (just like USF or OKW Elite Armor Ability).

On a side note tanks are immune to rifle fire so that wouldn't affect it.

Incorrect. Being aggro'd by anything puts it in combat which freezes it if it was repairing.
2 Feb 2016, 02:17 AM

I think it's a hold over from pre-WFA. Before vehicle crews for USF it was considered a valid effect/risk.

But it's a programming issue, the toggle itself is flagged to be disabled when the unit is in combat. There are workable changes, but they'd require reworking the ability, which is beyond Relic's scope (based on precedence.)

The fact that the vehicle is immobile and incapable of fighting has always seemed a little much and it never made complete sense. A pioneer shooting at max range will permanently disable the vehicle until it's out of combat for a nominal time period again.

Considering a lot of things can shoot outside their sight range, any kind of ambush on a self repairing vehicle is devastating. Treat vehicle crew repair as you would reloading a Sturmpanzer.

Jaegers and Fallschirms have effectively deleted my self repairing IS-2s many a time until I stopped using it in favor of just keeping engineers around and alive.
2 Feb 2016, 12:19 PM

Jaegers and Fallschirms have effectively deleted my self repairing IS-2s many a time until I stopped using it in favor of just keeping engineers around and alive.

Spamming repair stations as I do, I have grown to detest maintaining large armor groups with 2-3 engi.

If only that was on more than one doctrine.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★